Not open for further replies.
Loccitane Face Wash
NF2221
Fitjar Mint Shaving Cream
5/8 Straight(a shot of this from Tazz)
Slim Adjustable
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Second day of using the straight and managed my neck this time a few nicks on the neck but nothing serious,waiting for a paddle from Tazz so i can strop.
Tidied up under my jawline with the slim.
Enjoying the straight looks like more money will be getting spent.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Monsavon SS
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' AS
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s)

Man, this AS and EdT is a nice combo. Definitely different than the current version in a good way. Great pine/celery note combo, which may sound odd but smells very pleasant.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Yatagan.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 16
rwoodcock01 said:
Not sure if its me but there seems to be a small element of hit and miss with the derby blades

No, it's not just you. This is discussed fairly regularly. Some gents find the Derby blade quality a little too erratic, and end up giving up on them. I am one of them.

Ian

Thanks I am going to see the derby pack to the end (pack of 5 blades one left to go) but I am torn as to what to try next.

I don't want to touch the feather blades yet but I do have some Gillette sharp edge (yellow box) and some Israeli blades from shaving shack, I was thinking about trying the Gillette, would that be a good idea or stick to the Derbys for just a little longer while i am inproving my technique?

Hot shower prep
Men U Concentrated shave creme
Edwin Jagger DE89
Personna blade
Men U brush
Essentials asb
Gucci sport as

Nice head and face job today, didn't have a shave yesterday so was nice to get back in the groove.

MWF Hand Soap,
MWF SS,
New Forest 2203,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

Very nice shave today!!

Getting more like a D.E. shave with each passing day!

Mind you theres still the wee bit on the neck...........Damn it will you ever be happy? ..........Damn it you have to stop talking to yourself while using the forum!

Friday, 03-04-11. MUSIC: The Beatles_LP Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Guillette Platinum #2 - Pre 3P - Wilkinson stick in a puck - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill + ASL Old Spice.

Friday

D.R Harris Marlborough SS/Semogue SOC badger/Parker 97R with Personna Mexican/Burberry Balsam/Burberry EDT

Friday

Gillette 1918 Single-ring
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Mama Bear's Aged Spice soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

3/4/2011

AS: Clubman Lilac Vegitol
Razor: 6/8 "The Hamurburg Ring" Razor Solingen-Germany
Mug: large green coffee cup
Brush: 24mm Country Uncle
Alum Block (fingertips)
Cream: Old Spice Lime (India)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187/jrcrow79/?action=view&current=IMG_0206.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... G_0206.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Status
Not open for further replies.