Not open for further replies.
Loccitane Face Wash
NF2221
Fitjar Mint Shaving Cream
5/8 Straight(a shot of this from Tazz)
Slim Adjustable
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Second day of using the straight and managed my neck this time a few nicks on the neck but nothing serious,waiting for a paddle from Tazz so i can strop.
Tidied up under my jawline with the slim.
Enjoying the straight looks like more money will be getting spent.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Ever Ready badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Monsavon SS
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' AS
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' EdT (1970s)

Man, this AS and EdT is a nice combo. Definitely different than the current version in a good way. Great pine/celery note combo, which may sound odd but smells very pleasant.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Yatagan.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 16
rwoodcock01 said:
Not sure if its me but there seems to be a small element of hit and miss with the derby blades

No, it's not just you. This is discussed fairly regularly. Some gents find the Derby blade quality a little too erratic, and end up giving up on them. I am one of them.

Ian

Thanks I am going to see the derby pack to the end (pack of 5 blades one left to go) but I am torn as to what to try next.

I don't want to touch the feather blades yet but I do have some Gillette sharp edge (yellow box) and some Israeli blades from shaving shack, I was thinking about trying the Gillette, would that be a good idea or stick to the Derbys for just a little longer while i am inproving my technique?

Hot shower prep
Men U Concentrated shave creme
Edwin Jagger DE89
Personna blade
Men U brush
Essentials asb
Gucci sport as

Nice head and face job today, didn't have a shave yesterday so was nice to get back in the groove.

MWF Hand Soap,
MWF SS,
New Forest 2203,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDMar4th2011.jpg

Very nice shave today!! :D

Getting more like a D.E. shave with each passing day!

Mind you theres still the wee bit on the neck...........Damn it will you ever be happy? :( ..........Damn it you have to stop talking to yourself while using the forum! ;)

Friday, 03-04-11. MUSIC: The Beatles_LP Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - Guillette Platinum #2 - Pre 3P - Wilkinson stick in a puck - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill + ASL Old Spice.

Afeitado04-03-11001-1.jpg

Friday

Gillette 1918 Single-ring
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Mama Bear's Aged Spice soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Body Shop Maca Root AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

3/4/2011

AS: Clubman Lilac Vegitol
Razor: 6/8 "The Hamurburg Ring" Razor Solingen-Germany
Mug: large green coffee cup
Brush: 24mm Country Uncle
Alum Block (fingertips)
Cream: Old Spice Lime (India)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae187/jrcrow79/?action=view&current=IMG_0206.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae18 ... G_0206.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom