Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Irisch Moos (Irish Moss) Shave Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Some of you may have noticed that the Bulldog balm has been replaced by the Clinique product. This is owing to the arrival of warmer, more humid weather. I find that the Bulldog is a bit too hydrating for those conditions.

Ian

pugh-the-special-one said:
That's right Mikael, tell me about it even though he's a pedigree with more champions than I care to name, the number of times iv'e had to dig him out of holes when he was younger and the amout of Rabbits he killed when I took him on holidays to St Ives, the Dog was a natural born hunter, but that's part of the breed type, the word Terrier comes from the Latin word Terra, meaning Earth Dog, but he's certainly slowed up in the last year or so, His personality is difficult Alpha male dominace, but he's my son who never left home.

Regards
Jamie.
Jamie and Mikael, here's my Felix, a Jack Russell cross, ratter and Alpha male if there ever was one, chickens beware :icon_mad:!

4hy0hx.jpg

MichaelS said:
Jamie and Mikael, here's my Felix, a Jack Russell cross, ratter and Alpha male if there ever was one, chickens beware :icon_mad:!

Ha ha, yeah, I can see the chickens run away in terror. Terriers are so cool, unlike some other small dogs (no, I´m not naming any), even though I prefer larger dogs in general ... and or our cats :D

Sunday Evening

MWF and hot sponge prep
Aristocrat
Derby Extra
Semogue 1305
MWF
Trumpers Lime skin food

8 out of 10. One nick but a lovely shave.

After a week the 1305 is breaking in really nicely and lathered up the MWF a treat tonight.

I've also been hugely impressed with the Aristocrat but will return to the 38C this week to continue learning my technique.

Sunday evening

Edwin Jagger pure badger
Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Personna
GFT Coral skinfood

Nice smooth shave.

Sunday:

Hot shower, T+H 1805 bath soap
T+H 1805 shave cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette yellow (2)
Ogalalla limes and peppercorns splash
Crabtree and Evelyn west Indian limes EDT

2 passes, face lathered, not bad.

Saturday

6/8 Extra Hollow Ground Best Silver Steel
Tabac soap
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Tabac AS

The razor was one I restored on Friday, although I'd already started sanding the one damaged side of the blade a few days earlier (though I hadn't unpinned it at that stage). Struggled to pin it (suspect my brass rod is just too hard), then found it hard to get an edge on it initially - though eventually it came right and it took a really good one. Sharp as buggery! No name on the tang , but a buttery smooth shave nonetheless.

Sunday

Ever Ready Slimline
GEM SE blade
Nanny's Yushu soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve AS

Not used my Slimline for quite a while; it's the best Ever Ready I own. It's the Merkur HD Classic of the Ever Ready line - heavy, solid and shaves like a dream. I see they're starting to fetch higher prices now when they show up on eBay - glad I got mine when I did as I got it for peanuts.

AdamSmith said:
Muhle R41/ Yellow 7 O'Clock
Thater
Mama Bears Lilac & Lavender

The MB produced acceptable but uninspiring lather, but it'll be back to Speik and Wilkinson Sword sticks tomorrow.

Blyth Spirit said:
Saturday

Merkur 11c
Merkur SS (1)
NF 2201
Wilkinson Sword Soap Stick

Dr Henk's Dutch Moss ASB

Three pass, face lathered.

Again, an excellent shave.

:)
See you're still enjoying the 11c Blyth. Its on my list, hopefully I haven't gotten too used to the lightness of the Muhle, but the OC is the best DE head I've used by far. The 11c was James Bonds razor as well, so the motivation is doubled.

You'll be fine Adam - it always takes a day or two to get into the swing of a different razor. If you enjoy OC shave then the R41 and the 11c will both serve you very well,

007 eh? Shplendid choice....

Hot day, much of it spent in the middle of a field next to a number of cars on display. Hats and folding chairs are wonderful things.

Hot shower
Proraso White, face-lathered with
New Forest T2
Jagger DE89
Gillette 7OC Yellow (5)
KoS balm

All the coolingest products I own tonight, the same three passes as yesterday (down/up/left - ATG - on face, WTG, 45 degrees from ATG, ATG on neck), and a very small touchup under the chin. Not quite as close as yesterday but bloodless, comfortable, and at least DFS+. Might do one more with this blade, might switch it out tomorrow.

GB Kent T4
Creed Original Vetiver
Le Grelot 6/8 three quarter grind, fresh off the hones
R&G L'Homme ASB
Creed Aventus

[attachment=3013]

Attachments

• DSCF0055.jpg
    DSCF0055.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 8
Monday

C.V. Heljestrand faux frameback
Simpson Duke 3 in Best (custom 50mm loft)
Speick shave cream
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche after shave balm

RIMG0001.jpg

:icon_cool:

Monday 4th July

Provence Santé - SOC two-band - TV Rocket - 7 O'clock Green - Aqua Velva/444

dbfa7e8f.jpg

This photo was actually lined up for yesterdays SOTD, but then I decided I couldn't be bothered shaving. So the whole set up transferred over to today. I suppose the Aqua Velva and the Alcatraz mug are quite apt for the 4th of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom