MWF Hand Soap,
Musgo Real SC,
Duke 3,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Lime SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDJuly2nd2011.jpg

Didn't shave yesterday to give my face a rest and because I was very very tired. Tonight:

Hot shower
T&H #10, face-lathered with
New Forest T2
Jagger DE89
Gillette 7OC Yellow (4)
KoS balm

A complete list of things I was unhappy about with this shave: .

Very slick lather exploded up very quickly, three passes slightly differently structured (the usual on the face; WTG, 45 degrees from ATG, ATG on neck). No touchups at all at the end, zero irritation, very close and very comfortable. Not *quite* BBS, but I'm trying to get used to the idea that that's not necessary. BBS-, perhaps.

Mysore sandalwood soap
Mekur 34 C-HD
Gillette super thin
New Forest Tubby 1
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Alum Block
TOBS Sandalwood Balm + Propolis
TOBS Sandalwood Eau de cologne

Well a overdose of Sandalwood never did anyone any harm, as I have already stated in a past shave of the day, no one sit's on the fence regarding sandalwood, the jury doesn't have to retire to give you it's answer, they instanly love it or hate it, well weather looks good so I popped out early with my old Wirehaired Fox Terrier Blue now aged 14 to pick up the papers, mainly for my Wife as I rarely read the papers any more and I haven't purchased a daily paper for more than 8 years, I prefer to do it online for free you can also be more selective in what you read that's the beauty of the net, great shave two pass with normal little touch up I smell wonderful

Jamie

006.jpg

101_0114.jpg

That's right Mikael, tell me about it even though he's a pedigree with more champions than I care to name, the number of times iv'e had to dig him out of holes when he was younger and the amout of Rabbits he killed when I took him on holidays to St Ives, the Dog was a natural born hunter, but that's part of the breed type, the word Terrier comes from the Latin word Terra, meaning Earth Dog, but he's certainly slowed up in the last year or so, His personality is difficult Alpha male dominace, but he's my son who never left home.

Regards
Jamie.

Sunday:

Razor: Ikon
Blade: 7 o'clock yellow
Brush: PJ2 Best
Soap: Tabac

Brilliant shave. Had to do more touchups as the ikon head is quite mild. Tabac is brilliant. Love the stuff!

Dipesh said:
Sunday:

Razor: Ikon
Blade: 7 o'clock yellow
Brush: PJ2 Best
Soap: Tabac

Brilliant shave. Had to do more touchups as the ikon head is quite mild. Tabac is brilliant. Love the stuff!

Ignore the head as I'm going to use the EJ one for my next shave.

a991cd9b.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 2
Razor: Klas Engström
Creams: Connaughts Peppermint + Arko cream
AS: Fonex, Malibu
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :d
003800x605.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Perfect shave this morning and why not? Using the right razor/blade combo, along with one of the best performing soaps I know of makes the whole shaving experience a very pleasant one. No feeling of the blade on my face...shaving by sound. Heh, I may be getting the hang of this goofy 'hobby'.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday

Seehund 5/8, NF2213, Tabac Stick, Alum, Tabac ASL
rj4lz7.jpg

Nice smooth shave. Off to take my son, who was 11 in the week, to see Kung Fu Panda at the cinema with some of his friends then off to get the bet burgers in town!​

Sunday 07-03-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Merkur 37C Slant - 7 O'clock SharpEdge (yellow) #3 - Pre PREP - Dr. Harris Marlborough shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pinaud Clubman.

Afeitado03-07-11002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom