Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 19th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
N_Architect said:
[told you, rum, didn't I?]

You sure did! I won't post a review yet though until I've gone through at least one soap/asb/EdT/razor combination with my new acquisition. Smell is quite divine. Apparently it smells of vanilla to some people :eek:

What a way to start this spring morning today. Don't overlook this razor when searching for an adjustable. It's that good a shaver. Good Gripper - No Slipper handle.

1974 (U4) Gillette SS Black Beauty. A good decent blade this Super Max is. I started with position 7, then moved down to 5 and ended with 3. TOBS rose cream really perked up the shave with peaks of lather. This 620 is soooo broken in and not quite a year out of Portugal. Check out my GoodWill pottery bowl made by "D.C. 2000". I paid 90 cents for it in Silverdale; someday it will fly to England.

R/Robert

Attachments

• 1974 U4 Black Beauty.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 14
Wednesday:

Early start again today, and woke up to find that there was no hot water.

Lukewarm shower
T+H pre shave oil
T+H lavender cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (3)
Barbershop bay rum

Rotten shave. Tepid water and an older blade made for a rough result... no nicks though, (which with the poor prep, I expected), so at least I look half presentable. Not enjoyable.

Wednesday
004800x679.jpg

Wednesday

Mama Bears Creme Brulee
Simpsons Milk Churn
Gillette Superspeed J3
Yellow 7 o'clock

First shave with a Superspeed, LOVE IT. What a damn close shave, lovely to handle, a bit more weight than the Tech Ball End. I'm really enjoying DE shaving !!!

AND it's a glorious sunny morning here in North Devon !!!!! :D

Wednesday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 Super
  • D R Harris Almond shaving soap
  • Blenheim Bouquet EDT[/list:u]

Prep: Shower
Sound: Radio 4

EJ DE 89
Personna
Men U Brush and cream
Essentials asb
Chanel Allure sport

Pretty paltry lather whipped up by the men U cream, I don't think I will be restocking this once used up. Still an acceptable head an face shave for a bright Wednesday morning.

Wednesday

ABC Tea Tree
FT & Astra(2)
Provence Sante & EJ BB
Nivea ASB
Pinaud Clubman

What a difference a day makes, the FT just worked its magic once again, smooth, easy and relaxed. :geek:

The blemishes from yesterday are fading nicely with the soap just gliding the blade over it - no drama's. :)

Would consider using this soap everyday (like Ian seems to be at the moment), but I only bought 2 :roll:

Wednesday

Merkur 38C
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Bulldog asb

Managed to drag myself away from the Provence Sante.

Ian

Own preshave oil
Arko shaving soap
Omega 10777 pure bristle brush
Gillette SuperSpeed with yellow Gillette 7 O'Clock blade
Alum
Nivea Sensitive cream
Barbus Classic AS

Wednesday:

Listening to "Simple Things" album by Zero Seven.

Hot towl
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Rose)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (Coral)

Back to my favourite cream and balm/skin food today.

Did a three pass shave, (WTG, XTG and ATG), I really like this razor but I am still not sure about these blades for my face, they seem to dull very quickly.

Nice shave and dialed up the razor to 3, however I might try 4 tomorrow, just trying to find the sweet spot for me. ;)

Rather happy with the results and will still give these blades a good try out before making my mind up.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1958 Executive/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Dr Dittmar SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Roger and Gallet L'homme 'Sport' EdT

Yet another vintage blade tried today in my go to razor. Now this one's special.....very similar to my favorite Iridium. Very sharp and smooth, but quite forgiving. Man, I'm sorry I only found a couple of these and will be looking for more.

The DR Dittmar continues the excellent performance. I have to thank the member who sent me this stuff, having never heard of it before.

BBS results,

Martin

Hot Shower

Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
NF2221
T and H Almond Cream
T Glossop Straight a lend from Tazz
Paddle Strop also from Tazz
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

Well this is my best straight shave yet i have been having trouble with my chin and neck but today managed them both fine.
Still very new using the straight but feeling really chuffed with the shave today.

Wednesday

Bath

Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Simpsons Wee Scot
Palmolive Cream/Soap Superlather
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent
Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food

What a beast of a brush. Ok it doesn't yet hold enough lather for a full shave but it does pick up soap/cream with ease and lathers my face like a dream. Don't think these blades will replace either the Super Thins or Voskhods in my den though. They give a close enough shave but they do irritate my chin somewhat.

TTFN. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom