Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 19th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
P3242842.jpg

Shogun superbadger, José Moserrat Pou 14 "Medallon Taurino", Barbon SC, Thayer's WH, Parfums de Nicolai "cedrat" eau de cologne

By Crikey, I am loving this learning curve!

Thursday evening:

Music: U2: The Unforgettable Fire

Prep: hot shower.

Vulfix 404
Nanny's Lime Soap, whipped to a fulsome lather in a pet food bowl (yes, really)
EJ89bl
Derby Extra (3)

Quite simply the most enjoyable, and best standard of shave to date with a DE

Really focused on the technique - making a serious effort to lock the wrist and shave the face in "facets" - short, flat strokes rather than cartridge style sweeps. Also consciously avoiding making multiple strokes over the same facet - to quote Mantic59 - beard reduction!

Finished off with warm rinse, cold rinse then some T&H Grafton ASB from a sample pack. Wow, this stuff is nice.

Yours, basking in the warm glow of a good shave,

Ainslie

Everything just kinda clicked into place. Feathers came in from Singapore so why not try out the new razor with these babys. That Cella Cream is just so nice. I read many posts on this forum giving praise to the almond scent. Damn that's some great stuff. What English almond creams compare?

So I adjusted to 2.5 and came about smartly. Beaver Bay all the way. Wow, this is a nice razor.

Have a successful day dodging anything that can wait until Monday. Remember: Treachery and Cunning overcome Youth and Vigor; can't remember who said that.

Enjoy your day Gentlemen. R/Robert

Edit: This was taken in the Sunroom with natural light. Nice. Never did that before.

Attachments

• Natural Lighting.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 23
Friday 6:30

Awoke and immediately thought it was very sunny, dawning realisation that was down it being half an hour later than I normally rise.

Music: Demos for the first Grinderman album.

Pre: Nothing
Brush: The little travel thing that came with a travel set containing an English no name copy of a Gillette Old.
Soap: ToB's sandalwood
Blade: Shark SS (2)
Razor: Fatboy

Getting to like the Fattie, it still doesn't seem as accurate or refined as a Slim Adjustable but there is no denying that I can shave remarkably quickly with the thing. Which is useful when you need to be out of the door in under 20 mins. Only a decent shave though, mainly due to the speed I was working at.

I get the feeling today is going to be a good day.

Friday

Mergress
Lord Cool (4 - and last with this blade i think)
NF High Mountain
F31 Lime Cream
F31 Lime AS
Maca root post shave healer.

After my 1st attempt with this cream during the week i gave it another shot. The 1st lather this morning, either the brush was too wet, or there were too many drops of water added, so i rinsed and started again. I found i have to use more product than i usually would and a lot less water! However, this does give a very protective shave, even if, like i did on the 1st try today and earlier in the week, you manage to create a lather which fades.

Have a good day gents.

Friday

Merkur 38C
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Pre/Post used in Pre mode
Proraso Cream
Bulldog asb

Exactly the same as yesterday.

Ian

Lovely gold fat handle tech from razor emporium, Swede (5th shave with this one), bluebeard's excellent revenge cream. I have a nasty cold so regret I can't smell the cream, but last night I finally ordered one if these Edwin jaggers you all keep going on about (Chrome unlined handle) so happy as a pig in sh

Attachments

• rps20110323_213741.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 43
Friday: (YAY)

Listening to planet Rock this morning.

Hot towl
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Rose)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (Coral)

My wife was working from home today and she likes the rose scent so asked if i would shave with the Rose today.

Did a three pass shave (WTG, XTG and ATG). I used setting 5 on the Slim which supprised me was a nice setting for me. Left me very smooth and no irritation again.

I was a bit worried it might be a bit warm a setting for me.

Its only taken about three weeks but I am finally getting the hang of reading my beard and how it grows. :) :shave

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1956 Diplomat/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
vintage Jean Desprez 'Versailles' pour homme EdT

Third excellent shave with this razor/blade combo. I could easily use this set up every day........yeah, it's that good.

This EdT has a great drydown, but it takes a while to get there. Very sophisticated and subtle fragrance after a couple hours have elapsed.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Versaille and Hermes 001.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 18
No work today so:

Prep: Two hour walk with hound from 7am, beautiful crisp morning, followed by scrambled eggs and coffee.....

Shower
Sound: Medieval

Head and face shave today:

EJ DE89
Derby extra and personna
palmolive sc
men u brush
one planet balm
Forest Fresh as

The derby was a nightmare, really tugging so swapped it after first pass for a personna. So was WTG ATG XTG bit of red due to the derby so may bin the rest of those. Pay day not til next week but will order some blades then perhaps a sample pack to explore the market- (only tried personnas and derby).

Off to pay a bill in town so will no doubt be tempted with a cheapy purchase, so maybe some ingrams and a cheap asl.

Nice day for it- whatever 'it' is .....

Friday
007800x677.jpg

I really like this soap, like the MdC soap it has it´s own very distinct scent and it´s an excellent preformer and together with the Tubby it produced tons of lovely lather. My jaw is unbelivable clean, when I rub my hand against it it´s like touching the inside of my palm :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom