TTFN. . .

Friday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
NOS Injector blades (Made in Holland)
BS Maca Root + Palmolive ss
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb
Acqua di Parma colonia

An extraordinary shave today: It was the first time I've used the Injector, and it felt so different to the DE - the long handle and narrow head made it feel reminiscent of using a twin blade cartridge, but the way it felt on my face was just so smooth and effortless :) . I did my usual prep and 3 passes and was rewarded with the closest shave I can ever remember. I've never had such an outstanding result from the first use of a razor - I can hardly look at my Red tip or Slant at the moment as I feel so guilty...

Jos

Francorelli said:
Friday:

BAn extraordinary shave today: It was the first time I've used the Injector, and it felt so different to the DE - the long handle and narrow head made it feel reminiscent of using a twin blade cartridge, but the way it felt on my face was just so smooth and effortless :) . I did my usual prep and 3 passes and was rewarded with the closest shave I can ever remember. I've never had such an outstanding result from the first use of a razor - I can hardly look at my Red tip or Slant at the moment as I feel so guilty...

Jos

Hi there,

Yeah, injectors are capable of providing a very nice shave. I agree with you about those feeling different on my face than a DE does. It's interesting using a very stiff blade like that, and it kinda reminds me of almost 'wiping the whiskers' away. Kinda like a squeegee feel to it sorta thing. Congrats on catching on to the technique so fast. Sometimes it can take a few shaves to figure out the angle and pressure needed.

I have one in my rotation, left over from my injector period when that was the only razor I used for many months. It's great for being easy to use shaving around the mustache I now have, and sometimes I'll use it for my whole shave as well.

Martin

dodgy said:
Francorelli said:
Friday:

BAn extraordinary shave today: It was the first time I've used the Injector, and it felt so different to the DE - the long handle and narrow head made it feel reminiscent of using a twin blade cartridge, but the way it felt on my face was just so smooth and effortless :) . I did my usual prep and 3 passes and was rewarded with the closest shave I can ever remember. I've never had such an outstanding result from the first use of a razor - I can hardly look at my Red tip or Slant at the moment as I feel so guilty...

Jos

Hi there,

Yeah, injectors are capable of providing a very nice shave. I agree with you about those feeling different on my face than a DE does. It's interesting using a very stiff blade like that, and it kinda reminds me of almost 'wiping the whiskers' away. Kinda like a squeegee feel to it sorta thing. Congrats on catching on to the technique so fast. Sometimes it can take a few shaves to figure out the angle and pressure needed.

I have one in my rotation, left over from my injector period when that was the only razor I used for many months. It's great for being easy to use shaving around the mustache I now have, and sometimes I'll use it for my whole shave as well.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I like that description of 'wiping the whiskers away', it is very apt! I think I was so surprised because I usually find it takes a while to get used to any new razor. I certainly didn't get great results straight away with my current faves (the Red tip and Slant). I'll be using the Injector again tomorrow to check that it wasn't just a fluke today...

Jos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom