Tuesday

Muhle R41 OC
Derby Extra (1)
T&H Turnback, Super
Arko Soap

Nivea ASB
Brut AS

Three pass, face lather.

About a year ago I acquired a couple of hundred Derby blades specifically for use with this razor and wow, do they work?

[Adopts best Cheryl Cole accent...] Stunnin', coz wa wurth it.

Smooth as it has been for a good while. First class shave.
:shave

Shower
Radio 4

EJ DE89
Crystal
Men U brush
RSC SC
Johnsons Powder
RSC Balm
Black Suede EDT

Something didnt agree with me think it may be the balm as I have developed a rash on the neck. Will have to go through my previous posts to see the last rash I had and what was the common denominator.....
:D

• Monday Night, eh:
      • Theme From Hockey Night In Canada playing through the brain[/list:u][/list:u]
            • - Canadian-made Gillette Tech
              - Minora Platinums (now Russian Gillettes, but in the past, these were made in Canada, by Dowd Blades originally - if I remember correctly, that is)
              - Refurbished & re-knotted (Huge thanks out to beejay! Kudos dude) Fuller Brush, Canada 19mm Horsehair (by HeavenHorse), shaving brush
              - J M Fraser Polar Ice shave cream
              - Humphreys Cucumber Melon witch hazel (not Canadian, but hey, most 'Murikanz want to be Canucks anyway, eh - we all know that!)
              - Canadian Booster Co.'s Polar Ice ASL[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Following the arrival of some stuffs via my sister, from back in the old country (IE: Canadialand), I opted for as Canuckish a Shave of the Evening as I could ...
                • ... please, feel free to let me know if you have (or know of) a Canadian-made shaver quality or better, DE razor for budget-sale-price or trade.
                      • Thanks, eh.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Tuesday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom w Simpson knot and Paua Abalone in base
Razor: Towakikurangi by Tokusei
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Cleanish ;)
007800x624.jpg

Tuesday:

Merkur Slant 37c
Voskhod
TOBS Lemon & Lime cream
Vulfix 404 bodger
Bulldog asb

The whiskers never stood a chance. The Slant + Voskhod sliced them through with the assured precision of a ninja assassin. With a score to settle.

Outstanding :D

Jos

Tuesday:

Hot towl
Gillette Super Speed.
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Rose)
Alum
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (Coral)
D R Harris Pink Aftershave Lotion

Nice easy two pass shave (WTG, XTG) nice and tidy for work.

I do like the rose smell, very refreshing on a nice day like today with sun and blue sky.

Hot Shower
Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
NF2211
Fitjar Citrus Kick Cream
5/8 Bury St Edmunds Krop Vintage
Loccitane Face Splash
Fitjar Mint ASB

First outing with the Vintage Krop i bought from Neil,very nice shave.

Tuesday

Bath

Cold water shave
T&H Pre-shave Oil
Feather AS-D1
Feather (4)
NF HMB 2221
L'Occitane Cade Soap
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Superdrug WH
Trumper Sandalwood Skin Food
Aramis AS

Actually felt the blade losing its edge through this shave, it got less smooth, and by the touch ups was beginning to irritate my neck. Still did a job though, but I won't be pushing the Feather blades past 3 shaves in future.

TTFN. . .

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Stahly/Iridium
AOS lemon SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Roger and Gallet L'homme' 'Sport' EdT

Third time using the clunky old Stahly, and this shave was the best. Heh, I was gonna try it with the vibrating feature again, but it's stuck. Heh, nothing lasts forever I guess. I went ahead and shaved with it like a normal razor, as I did yesterday.

I gotta say, this head design is really delightful. It's on the mild side (which I like), and it feels great on my face. Reminds me of a Tech, except I like this head even better. Took me a few time to get comfortable using a razor this heavy and with such an odd balance, but smooth sailing now.

I'm glad to have tried this thing, and will be using it again in the future.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Stahly Live Blade 004 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 39
  • Stahly Live Blade 001 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 39
Worse shave to date with a DE.

Mama Bears Creme Brulee
Milk Churn
Gillette Tech
Bolzano Superinox :evil:
Real Shaving Balm
4711 Ice

Lather was great but, Bolzano not so great. I have tried a couple of these but just don't seem to get on with them. Still a newbie and it's been going great, today though I got a nasty nip of one of these. So they have been PIF'd on.

All the other blades I have tried have been fine, but these just don't seem to work for me. I gave in after the second pass and switched to a Gillette Bleu. But only used it for a light third pass as face feeling a slight bit sore.

End of the day it's just one bad shave against the many great ones !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom