Cold water shave / Warm lather
Feather AS-D1
Feather (2)
NF HMB 2221
TOBS Lemon & Lime Cream - Bowl lathered
WTG - XTG - XTG + touch ups
Superdrug WH
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Wanted to go with more or less the same shave as yesterday only changing the brush, balm and omitting the pre-shave oil.

No way near as smooth a shave, got a bit of irritation around the chin and jaw line again today. Missed that little massage to the face that the pre-shave oil gives me. The New Forest I feel is much better at face lathering than bowl, while the T&H/Rooney holds the heat in and works the bowl much better, so I'm going to revert back to the oil and T&H for Monday's shave and see how I get on.

TTFN. . .

Prep:- Hot shower

Music:- Rock Aid Armenia ( compilation album )

Soap:- MWF

Brush:- Men-U

Razor:- Goodfella Satin Black

Blade:- Gillette 7 O'Clock

Post Shave:- Alum block & Original Source Cooling Shave Balm

I've shaved 3 days on the trot now and my neck is starting to get a bit sensitive.......

I actually managed to facelather the MWF! :cool: Every time I've tried I've failed so I've been using a bowl, but I gave it another go tonight and......... success! :D

Saturday Night:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues bespoke shave set (with EJDE8x razor head)
      - Rainbow Super stainless
      - Nanny's Prototype Spearmint cre-oap
      - Humphries Astringent witch hazel
      - Alcolado Glacial ASL "The AIR-CONDITIONER in a bottle!"
      - c-c-c-cold water rinses [/list:u][/list:u]
      • One pass and an 'alf or possibly two full passes, depending on personal variables which M make YMV.
          • ... almost a BBS, and I will possibly never truly achieve a BBS, what with my multi-grain beard.
                • Wowsers.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                  • I cannot believe how much I miss Rainbows now that I have a couple of tucks worth again.
                      • Woot-age in extremis, dudes.[/list:u][/list:u]
                        • Nanny's Spearmint cre-oap softy, creamy, soapy, shavey medium: ba-da-boom, bay-beeeee!
                            • Every new twist Sharon makes seems to improve what is, in my limited experience, an already exemplary shaving soap/cream... creamier, fuller, slicker lather that's even easier than its already easy easiness to create, and even faster too.
                                • ... AND, while this stuff might not win a prize for scent, it stands right up there for coolness along with Godrej Menthol Mist cream, Proraso soap, and Everest cream. The smell is minty/menthol - it does the job without trying to say otherwise - if you like that sort of smell, you might really like this; if the smell doesn't bother you, and you like your shaves to be cool - you might well love this stuff.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Saturday
Musgo Real shaving stick and cream/Semogue LE 2010 brush/Edwin Jagger DE87 with Topaz/Art of Shaving Balsam
P1160758.jpg

Super Palmolive Sunday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rooney the Victorian
Razor: Friodur
Super Sunday lather: Palmolive and Arko cream
AS: Lucky Tiger and Aqua Velva
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D
006800x599.jpg

Got the brush scuttle out and whent to town with these two fantastic (and cheap) soaps. Only down side was that I got some skin irritation post shave and had to add AV to the mix. Fantastic and crisp picture Max!

Sunday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip
  • Czech & Speake #88 shaving soap
  • D R Harris Pink aftershave
  • Czech & Speake #88 cologne[/list:u]

New Forest Early Wooden Handle Prototype
British Ever Ready SE
Gem Stainless Blade
Palmolive Stick (grated into a bowl)
Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Cella Classica Cologne

As predicted all worked very well, nice to give the Palmolive an outing
(cheers Tony)

No Car Boot today as off to Birmingham to see "the gadget show live" at the NEC
Suzy and Polyana……… Grrrr ;) :D

Steve

Sunday, 17.Abr.2011

Totalshave oil
Vulfix 404 "Grosvenor" boar & badger
Vintage Stick Musgo Real
British Aristocrat #66
Bolzano Superinox
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Aftershave Bálsamo Musgo Real

P1030691.jpg

P1030697.jpg

A wonderful shave with this vintage stick, maybe one of the rarest soaps that you can find. Lots of thick, cushiony, protective and wonderful lather, with excellent glide.
This Bolzano blades are terrific: they go very well with all of my razors!

Sunday

Merkur Futur
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Acqua Di Parma Shaving Cream
Alum
Bulldog asb

Ian

Palmolive Sunday:

C V Heljestrand 4/8
Red tip + Voshkod
Palmolive cream
Vulfix 404 bodger
Bulldog asb
Acqua di Parma colonia

It seemed a fine day to attempt my first straight shave. Encountered some tugging and skipping at first, which I think that was due to my lather being a bit too thick. A slicker lather resulted in a much smoother effort, and I carefully completed one full pass WTG with no nicks or weepers :) .

Deciding not to push my luck too far, I completed 2 more passes with the awesome Redtip/Voshkod combo - very clean results. A good day :D

Jos

Sunday (Palmolive day)

Oh go on them what the heck normally have a break at the weekends but to honour the day ;-)

Hot towl
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Palmolive for Men Classic Palm Extract Shave Cream
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers skin food (Sandalwood)
Superdrug aftershave (Forest Fresh)

Normal three passes for me (WTG, XTG and ATG).

Only used palmolive once before but I think I nailed hydrating it now, my lord this cream is slick! I think the new shaving scuttle help as well.

The aftershave was a random discovery while getting the palmolive for a cheap aftershave it is surprisingly pleasant and is now in my rotation.

Very passable shave while only using setting two on the slim.

Overall time to chill out on a Sunday time to make the waffles and bacon for the wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom