Not open for further replies.
Not a bad shave today.

Merkur HD
Personna Red (1)
EJ BBB
GFT cream
Boots witch Hazel
Brut aftershave.

Tried going a different direction on the bottom of my neck and really concentrated on going lightly and it seems to help, very rough on the neck but not nearly as much irritation as yesterday.

I tried a different pre-shave routine today - hot water on face, followed by a small amount of Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream massaged lightly on.

Otherwise:

Merkur Futur with a Derby blade
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream
New Forest 2201
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes cologne

Smooth, comfortable and no claret. I may shortly make the mistake of thinking that I've got the hang of this, and slice half my face off.
Thanks to a tip-off from Pig Cat I've got a new EJ heading my way, and the comparison with the Futur will be interesting. Due to a forthcoming back operation I may be forced to resort to electric for a few weeks, as standing up for any length of time won't even be an option, and I'm not convinced that I can wet shave in the horizontal position.

Thursday

Ball End Tech
Wilkinson Sword blade (1)
EJ Med Silvertip
ToOBS Avocado Cream
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Nivea ASB

My 1st shave using the Tech. I like the weight of this and it did a good job. Though somehow i did manage to nick myself just under my bottom lip! Not too sure how that happened but hey.

Thursday early afternoon....

After a hot shower...

Ea7AM.jpg

TOBS shaving soap & Vulvix brush (thanks sunburyboy93)
Gillette Flare Tip & Merkur Blade (2)
Raw Alum rock
Nivea shave balm
Aqua Vella A/S.

Results, DFS!

FB.

Wednesday Evening

Futur + Feather
Newfy 2201
Musgo Real cream
Agua Lavanda Puig

Birthday shave. A good reason to bring the Futur out of semi-retirement.

Blimey: I'd forgotten how much this razor sings as it goes about its work. Really does a good job.

Musgo Real: lovely. Agua Lavanda: superb.

Gillette Big Fellow 1924
7 o'clock
Frank Shaving Silvertip
Coates SC (spectacular lather)
Moss Scuttle
Pinaud Clubman

The Coates SC came in yesterday and I put it into the alignment. Nice crisp scent. Everything went according to plan; no "procedural non-compliance". Billiard Ball Smooth shave and I didn't even use AS balm ... The FS silvertip is such a steal I can't think of a reason why Ian would not raise the price. Please take a look at the brushes he is offering on the bay gentlemen.

Attachments

• P8180120.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 21
Thursday, 08-19-10.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Merkur Slant - Treet Dura Sharp #1 - Pre Proraso - Vitto's shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL La Toja + ASB La Toja.

Afeitado19-08-10001.jpg

Thursday

Merkur 37c (Slant)
Astra (2)
Pure Badger
BlueBeards Revenge
Alum
Coral Skin Food
Moisturiser

Felt like a really nice comfortable shave. Looking at my face in the mirror only DFS-. Still it was very early for me.

Blyth Spirit said:
THURSDAY am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIK!!

Merkur 37c
Red Personna (3)

I wonder if I've got an iffy blade? A few patches of merlot, again today. Last day with it tomorrow I think.

Godrej is a fabulous cream.

Otherwise a worringly good shave.
:)

I'd change the blade for tomorrow if you think it's iffy

NatJag said:
Blyth Spirit said:
THURSDAY am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIK!!

Merkur 37c
Red Personna (3)

I wonder if I've got an iffy blade? A few patches of merlot, again today. Last day with it tomorrow I think.

Godrej is a fabulous cream.

Otherwise a worringly good shave.
:)

I'd change the blade for tomorrow if you think it's iffy

Don't you realise how much these things cost! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom