Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 14th Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, 08-20-10.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Treet carbon steel #2 - Pre Proraso - TABAC shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL spanish Floïd Blue + ASB 444.

Afeitado20-08-10.jpg

Now that's a bloomer!

Used Nanny's lavender again today - this really is a great performer. A thick creamy protective lather that leaves your skin nice and soft. Jagger Chatsworth and Gillette Super Thin are back in favour along with Floris Balm. My 2201 helped a bit.

Ids said:
Ids said:
Friday,

Went for it today, thought let's push it because I've the weekend to recover.
result, the smoothest shave yet! Shame about the irritation but still the irritation isn't as bad as few weeks ago My did it string though when the brut went on!

Gave the gillette slide a go and a bit of blade buffing which helped at the cos of weepers (first this week) and irritating.

In hind sight not the best idea, my face is killing!

I take it you had a delayed reaction.

Friday

Merkur 37c (slant)
Astra (3)
Trumpers Pure Badger
BlueBeards Revenge
Alum
Coral Skin Food
Moisturiser

DFS-. Felt really good comfortable shave (and no stinging from Alum, which I never seem to get), yet I still seem to have a dark shadow on my face while feeling smooth.

Friday

Ball End Tech
Wilkinson Sword Blade (2)
New Forest 2201
Kent / MWF
Alum
CHH Tobbacco AS
Nivea ASB.

Not quite as comfortable a couple of hours after the shave today. The shave itself went well with oodles of thick lather. Probably my technique with the Tech, this being only the 2nd time i have used it.

Friday

Prep: Cold water!
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge
Brush: Cyril R Salter pure badger (Size 2)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat (Face lathering)
After Shave Balm: Olivia's After Shave Balm
Cologne: Truefitt and Hill’s Clubman - a sample, but not really to my liking.

SOTD---20th-August-1.jpg

I should probably have changed the blade as it was not quite as smooth as yesterdays shave, but still perfectly respectable.

I caught my ear with the bit of the blade that sticks out the sides, I’ve never done that before and for a split second I had a shot of adrenaline go thought me as I thought I’d cut my ear!

Chris

Friday

TSD OC
Gillette Platinum (5)
Culmak Soap
TBS Synthectic Brush
Boots Fresh Wood ASB

I had to try the TSD OC out, its a very basic razor, the head looks a bit like a New long tooth and the handle is a piece of alloy in a hexagonal shape, very basic and very mild, I was interrupted by a phone call from no1 son saying he had crashed his bicycle 3 times :shock: , 1 a mistake, 2 clumsy, 3 what drugs is he on, anyway he got home and it just was the brakes need adjusting [and hes a straight A student, God help us], anyway I digress, the shave I had was not to bad, a CCS, will have to have another one tonight'.

TTFN

Tony

Friday

Prep: Shower
Razor: Ball-end tech
Blade: Derby
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: Kent H8
Balm: Nivea Cool Kick

I've had the Kent H8 for about 2 weeks now and I can't recommend it highly enough. For anyone who wants a larger brush but without the pricetag of silvertip it's the perfect brush. It performs equally well with creams, soaps, bowl lathering and face lathering. Can you tell that I love this brush :ugeek:

NatJag said:
Ids said:
Ids said:
Friday,

Went for it today, thought let's push it because I've the weekend to recover.
result, the smoothest shave yet! Shame about the irritation but still the irritation isn't as bad as few weeks ago My did it string though when the brut went on!

Gave the gillette slide a go and a bit of blade buffing which helped at the cos of weepers (first this week) and irritating.

In hind sight not the best idea, my face is killing!

I take it you had a delayed reaction.

I certainly did! But by lunch all waS fine and even now I'm pretty smooth.

Friday Evening

Hot shower
Proraso Pre Shave Cream
Nannys Lavender
New Forest Superior Badger 2201
Gillette 7O'Clock Yellow
39C Slant
Osma Alum
Floid Blue AS

Bought the Slant out following the discussions on it this week, and the Lavender following what Fido said earlier. It's a big old beast the shave tonight was close and I went three passes as I'm not rushing off to work, and have minimal irritation. The Floid always leave's me cool and fresh.

Friday

Ever Ready (1914 head)
GEM SE blade
Nanny's Warm Spice cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Alum block
Jasper Conran Man AS balm
Tabac AS

Face-lathered the cream with the Commodore and it worked like a charm. Probably the best lather I've had yet out of the Warm Spice.

Friday Afternoon:

• - 1962 (H3) Gillette Adjustable 'Slim'
    - Gillette Bleue Extra (pre-ZAO)
    - Le Tuft Urban Hermit Model No. 1 (boar) Resyke
    - Palmshave Lime shave cream
    - Lemon Thayers' witch hazel
    - Old Spice Fresh Lime ASL[/list:u]

Quite the faboo shave - LNbS*

NOTE: * LNbS = Leaving Nothin' but Smooooooth!

Friday Night

Futur + Feather (3)
Fido Finest
Musgo Real cream
Proraso splash

Really good set-up, really enjoyable shave.

If only the Futur didn't look so 'clunky'. (No pleasing some folk, eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom