Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 14th Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
joe mcclaine said:
Wednesday
Work out which way your beard grows on your neck. Most men assume a straight down shave is going 'with the grain' when in fact they might be going 'against the grain'.

Good advice. I used to get 'razor rash' on one side of my neck until I worked out my beard grew up and to the side. Since then I shave there in that direction for the first pass and rarely have any trouble.

After two weeks of perfect shaves with a Merkur travel razor, small Truefit and Hill brush and Arko stick on holiday, I returned to my home setup this week:-

EJDE89L + Feather (6)
Semogue boar + Arko Moist
Joe Malone French Lime moisturiser
Caron Pour Homme EDT

Only one pass plus quick touch-up around the chin.
The Feather is lasting well especially considering it's been left for over 2 weeks with 4 shaves in it.
I hadn't realised Arko Moist is a menthol cream when I bought it. It's a much more subtle menthol tingle than Ingrams, but it's there and quite pleasant. Loads of lather from a small blob - miles too much for my one pass.

Wednesday

Merkur 37C (slant)
Astra (1)
Pure Badger
Blue Beards revenge cream
Alum
Coral Skin food
Moisturiser

Didn't load the brush enough this morning so only done 2 and a bit very light passes. A DFS with a few patches in usual places I would touch-up.

Wednesday

Two weeks to the day since I started DE shaving. Kit today:

Pre shave – washed face with hot water and soap
Vulfix 404 brush
Erasmic shaving soap
Gillette Fatboy with Derby blade
Nivea post shave sensitive balm
Gucci Envy aftershave

Getting the hang of this particularly where my beard grows in odd directions. No nicks for 10 days now – that's progress!

Wednesday

Futur (2.5)
Thai Superthin (6)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Mama Bear's Rosemary & Mint
Witch Hazel
Speick AS.

A really Minty scent to this one, but not too much of a menthol tingle - which is good for me :D

Wednesday

Gillette #58
Gillette Platinum (3)
Chinese Badger
Godrej De Lux SC
Wilko's ASB
Denim Original AS

A bit of English class today, got the #58 and had a lovely smooth DFS loaded up with the GP, the #58 is one of best finds I got it free on the local freecycle netweek.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday

Gillette #58
Gillette Platinum (3)
Chinese Badger
Godrej De Lux SC
Wilko's ASB
Denim Original AS

A bit of English class today, got the #58 and had a lovely smooth DFS loaded up with the GP, the #58 is one of best finds I got it free on the local freecycle netweek.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday:
22mm finest badger brush/Merkur Progress with RED IP/Cyril R Salter SS/Burberry ASB/Burberry EDT
P1090721.jpg

Wednesday,08-18-10.

Soap from Marsella - Rooney 1/3 Silvertip - GEM G Bar - Ted Pella GEM #2 Blade - Pre Proraso - Veleiro shaving cream - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB 444.

Afeitado18-08-10-2.jpg

Wednesday

1956 Gillette Blue-Tip Superspeed
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Col Conk Amber soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Wednesday

Shower with Vaseline for Men body wash
Merkur Futur
Red Personna
Body Shop original shaving cream
Nivea for men Sensitive aftershave balm

Nice shave today, the body shop shaving cream is as good as I remember (cheers Blyth Spirit), the futur/personna seemed to glide across my face with this cream. Required 3 passes today compared to 2 with a derby blade but my face doesn't feel as sore. Still not quite there with the neck area but better than previous shaves.

That's another blade done out of the sample pack, seem like a decent blade to have for a back up if nothing else. Wilkinson Sword to try next before getting onto the "sharper" blades

Wednesday Evening

Hot shower
Proraso Pre Shave Cream
MB Dublin Tweed
Wilkinson Sword board brush
Persona Platinium (2)
Gillette Fatboy (on 5)
Osma Alum
Floid Blue AS

For no real reason I reverted back to the boar brush tonight, I treated it exactly the same as my Fido, and subsequently ran out of decent lather after two passes. The lather I did have was ok, so the brush still has a place.

Thursday
Sensor
Simpson Duke
Harris Almond Soap
Hammam Bouquet

Having spent the early part of the morning thinking it was Wednesday I'm now chuffed to discover it is actually Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom