Omega 10098 : GEM Micromatic+Pal : Erasmic Glycerin Soap : Thayer's WH

P8160465.jpg

Monday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
New Forest 2201
MWF
Old Spice Whitewater a/s

Mucked up the lather a bit, but still had a nice shave. Could have been nicer.

Ian

Monday

Same setup as before:

Hot shower
Merkur 34C HD
Merkur Super plat. blade
Palmolive shave cream
Vulfix 404
Burt's Bee Natural Aftershave Balm

I'm face lathering like Robert showed in his Gentlemen's Shop video found here http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/How-to-shave.html.

Shaved WTG then XTG using short, no to light pressure strokes; then stopped. That did much better. I'm still getting some razor rash on my neck area, so I'll need to figure that out soon. However, no bleeding today :D Thanks for y'alls (your alls) input from my earlier shave post.

Monday

Feather Portable
Gillette Platinum (1)
Omega Pro #49
Ginger's Garden Bay Rum & Lime Soap
Gillette Series ASB
Energy AS

Got the FP out for a run today, another razor that I should use more often, a delightful compact razor that delivers a bigger bunch than it looks, Ginger's soap, I'm still out about this, it doesn't seem that slick to me, maybe it's my lathering with it, but I have no trouble lathering everything else, still the FP/GP combo did a fine job and a DFS was had.

TTFN

Tony

Monday, 08-16-2010.

Soap from Marsella - TGN UK Super Badger - Schick M12 Dial Adjustable - Schick Injector #1 - Pre Proraso - MWF - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Royal Copenhagen + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado16-08-10002-1.jpg

Two pics today...

Afeitado16-08-10001.jpg

Monday

Merkur HD
Personna red (1)
EJ BBB
Palmolive
Boots witch Hazel
Old spice AS

excellent shave today twice with the grain once across, very smooth with only a small rough patch on my neck with a little irritation which I think Is damage from last week. So much for sensitive skin the aftershave worked a treat!

Getting into the afternoon my face is starting to itch so it's gettingvhard not to faceterbate!

Sunday Evening

Merkur HD + Feather
Newfy 2201
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
Proraso splash

Slow shave. Good shave.

The scent of Mr Taylor cream is old-school'ish but wonderful. Reminds me of a lighter, less pungent Denim cologne.

Re the pre-shave oil discussions a few pages back:-
You don't need to much pre shave oil. If your razor gets clogged up, you may be using too much. I use GFT coral skin food as pre shave only when I'm not going to shave directly after my shower. Otherwise shower and face lathering does it for me.

Monday
Mühle R89
Israeli (2)
Pure Badger
Bluebeards revenge cream
Alum
Coral Skin food
Moisturiser

DFS.

Monday

Futur (2.5)
Thai Superthin (4)
Neo Finest 2-Band
Cade Soap
SWK Scuttle
Alum
Witch Hazel
Canoe Cologne

A nice shave today. Only the 2nd time i have used the Cade and i am impressed with it.

Monday Evening

Hot shower
Proraso Pre Shave Cream
Nuage menthol oil
Proraso soap
New Forest Superior Badger 2201
Supermax Stainless (4)
Gillette Fatboy (on 5)
Osma Alum
Proraso AS

I watched the video from "The Gentlemans Shop" linked in another thread, and used two techniques from it. Firstly I painted the lather on rather than using circular motions, and secondly I did the first pass N to S (S to N on my neck) but the second pass I did from my ears in on both my face and neck. Probably the closest shave I've had to date, and in two irritation free passes. The Proraso AS left me feeling great.

All out menthol tonight, even dropping a few menthol crystals in the bowl of hot water :shock:

Monday Evening

Merkur HD + Feather (2)
Newfy 2201
TOBS Mr Taylor cream
Proraso splash

Same set-up as last night. And the same enjoyable result.

Does anybody know how TOBS creams end up in T K Maxx for less than their recommended retail price? Are they dehydrated old stock or something?

Monday

5/8 Texol No.5
Omega cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra-energetic post shave balm
Pinaud Clubman AS lotion

The Simpsons brush is now smelling lovely, and seems to be breaking in well. Great little brush - loving the stiffness of the badger hair c.f. my big, floppy Kent BK4. At last I have a badger brush for soaps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom