Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 14th Aug 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domingo:
Myrsol jabon de afeitar/Merkur Progress antigua con Astra /users/1213/25/33/32/smiles/811338.gif/20mm tejon dos bandas brocha/Weleda ASB
P1090679.jpg

8pm this-evening (sunday)

Face wash with Grooming Lounge mug cleaner face wash.
Hot towel for 4 to 5 minutes.
Grooming lounge pre-shave whisker lifter.
Body shop macca root cream lathered in a bowl.
shaving shack pure badger brush.
Futur set at 2.5 with a Gillette 7o'clock sharpedge (1 previous shave).
Alum block.
Grooming Lounge soothing post shave balm.
Body shop macca root face protector moisturiser.

Now after my shave yesterday morning I decided to take my time, Yesterday was my first shave with the Futur whilst trying out a Croma Diamant blade! Didnt go well yesterday with razor burn on my neck a few nicks and a small section on my chin skinned alive :shock:
Now thisevening's shave took me 30 minutes from start to finish and am very pleased, I applied no pressure at all to the razor, the macca root cream made a lovely thick foam and felt lovely on the face combined with the grooming longe shave oil, a mild eucalyptus breeze!
no nicks at all on my face but I irritated a small part of my neck by going ATG.
I think I have found a combination that works for me for now, I will let my razor burn heal for a couple of days before my next shave and see what happens, I will do the same but try a soap instead of a cream and perhaps a different blade.
I was thinking of buying Proraso pre-post shave cream, can anyone recommend this?

Cheers. :shave

I have tried several pre shave products, including proraso. I don't use any of them now. A good wash and rinse with hot water before applying lather does the business for me.

Re Redneck's question!

Fido said:
I have tried several pre shave products, including proraso. I don't use any of them now. A good wash and rinse with hot water before applying lather does the business for me.

Re Redneck's question!

Thankyou.
I must say the pre-shave oil I used is very good even though the sink and razor needs a damn good clean down afterward!

RedNeckRash said:
Fido said:

Re Redneck's question!

Thankyou.
I must say the pre-shave oil I used is very good even though the sink and razor needs a damn good clean down afterward!

Does anyone find that these oils bung up the gaps of the head when shaving...?

Retrospective Saturday Shave

Pre - Hot Shower
Proraso Pre/Post
Soap - Mama Bears Carribbean
Brush - Semogue 1305
Razor - Mergress
Blade - Personna Red IP (1)
AS - Proraso
AS - Old Spice Fresh Lime

First outing with my new Mergress. Feels lovely in the hand excellent weight and grip. I've never used an adjustable so i set it on 2.5 for the first WTG pass. I could really hear it working, almost a rasping sound. Pretty close after the first pass. Second pass 2.5 XTG and more or less done. Third pass diagonally ATG on 1 and a very DFS virtually BBS. My cheeks certainly tingled a bit after the first pass for some reason I felt the soap irritating them slightly but perhaps just down to using a different razor. I felt like a kid with a new bike for Xmas!

RedNeckRash said:
I was thinking of buying Proraso pre-post shave cream, can anyone recommend this?

I can, I think it's great! (If you like menthol!) The only disadvantage being that it's so strong it can overwhelm the subtler smelling soaps and creams, although I think you can get a less strong one - maybe eucalyptus free or something....

Sunday Evening

Hot shower
Proraso Pre Shave Cream
Godrej Lime Deluxe cream
New Forest Superior Badger 2201
Supermax Stainless (3)
Gillette Fatboy (on 1)
Osma Alum
Pinaud Bay Rum AS

FB right back to 1, and some lovely warm lather from the Godrej gave an easy two pass shave with no irritation and minimal sting from the Osma or Bay Rum. I could shave like this everyday and my skin would just keep improving. Happy days! :D

Sunday

5/8 Air Brand
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Simpson Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
Gillette Series Intense Cooling balm
Floid Blue AS

Pre: Shower
Razor: Johan Engström 6/8
Brush: "Henk" silvertip
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
Astringent: Indian alum block
AS: Barbus
Result: Very, very nice

Despite a nick, when trying a new angle on the lip (doh), it was a smooth shave. This razor´s a super shaver :shave .
47361d1281940077-sotd-sun-august-15th-sat-august-21st-snb13148.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom