Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday Evening

Futur + Gillette Bleue Extra
Newfy 2201
Speick cream
Proraso splash
T&H Freshman EDT

Champion shave. Futur and the Bleue worked wonders.

T&H Freshman. I bought this on a whim last year; the moment I smelled it, I liked it. As soon as I got home and spritzed myself with it I knew why: it's a dead ringer for Cool Water...only nicer. After all these years, I still think CW is one of the best male fragrances ever.

Congratulations AJP. My 'baby' daughter's first day at big school today. She's only 4, but she's already demonstrated a healthy sense of adventure: instead of returning to the classroom after lunch, she decided to drag her new best friend to her big sister's classroom to say hello. Their absence caused quite a commotion, as the alarm was raised. Excellent.

AJP said:
Not posted for a while as i have been to and from the hospital in Osnabrück. (And now have a lovely baby daughter!! :D )

Congratulations!!

splendid.gif

Naked Ape said:
...After all these years, I still think CW is one of the best male fragrances ever...

"...Trying to assess CW without conjuring up the image of some open-shirted prat with hair gel is a bit like the Russian cure for hiccups: run around the house three times without thinking of the word wolf. This said, unlike Chypre, CW belongs to the category of things done right the first time, like that first Windsurfer and the Boeing 707. Countless imitations, extensions, variations, and complications failed to improved on it or add a jot of interest to this cheerful, abstract, cheap, and lethally effective formula of crab apple, woody citrus, amber and musk. Now let women wear it for a decade or two..."

Excerpt from "Perfumes, the A-Z Guide" by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez; Profile Books (2009).

N_Architect said:
Naked Ape said:
...After all these years, I still think CW is one of the best male fragrances ever...

"...Trying to assess CW without conjuring up the image of some open-shirted prat with hair gel is a bit like the Russian cure for hiccups: run around the house three times without thinking of the word wolf. This said, unlike Chypre, CW belongs to the category of things done right the first time, like that first Windsurfer and the Boeing 707. Countless imitations, extensions, variations, and complications failed to improved on it or add a jot of interest to this cheerful, abstract, cheap, and lethally effective formula of crab apple, woody citrus, amber and musk. Now let women wear it for a decade or two..."

Excerpt from "Perfumes, the A-Z Guide" by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez; Profile Books (2009).

" Luca Turin is a fackin' muppet. And a poof. CW is the muvva of all man-smells. Sorted."

Excerpt from " I Nose My Smellies, Mate" by Lenny London; Civet Press (2010)

Tuesday

Hot shower and hot towel
Sensor 3
Semogue 1470
Valobra/p.160 mix
Thayers unscented witch Hazel
Brut AS

Give one of the semogues a first run out this morning I like the firmness but the lather making ability isn't as good as the 404, not sure if this is because it needs time to break in? Face lathered as the smaller brush gives me good control on the face.

Congradulations to AJP on the new addition!

Tuesday
Razor: Edwin Jagger (Sensor) Chatsworth
Blade: Sensor Excel
Brush: Simpson T2 two-band
Soap: Czech & Speake #88
After: Pinaud Bay Rum
EDT: The Hammam Bouquet

Nothing to report on the shave front - there never is - it's shaving.

Look out for another "Vinny is bored so let's see what stuff he can get rid of" thread.

As a 'heads up' - I'm on the hunt for some Trumper's Rose and Almond shaving soap, some D R Harris Pink and Milk and Taylor's #74 Lime and Original #74 aftershaves.

Tuesday

All change..

Feather AS-D1
Iridium
New Forest 2201
Irish Moss Stick
Ogallala Bay Rum+Lime+Peppercorns a/s*

*The scent is a little medicinal, but warm and not at all unpleasant. It's a crafty bugger though, you pat it on and all is well, then about 20 seconds in it ignites your face for the next 5 minutes. Yes, I was warned.

Ian

[color=#FF0000][b]IanM[/b][/color] said:
Ogallala Bay Rum+Lime+Peppercorns a/s*

*The scent is a little medicinal, but warm and not at all unpleasant. It's a crafty bugger though, you pat it on and all is well, then about 20 seconds in it ignites your face for the next 5 minutes. Yes, I was warned.

:shock:
      • Though, um, ... I guess it's a good thing that there's no beard hairs left to burst into flame when that happens.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
            • :?
                • ... and such like as that.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Congratulations AJP. You have no concept of how your life will change!

Right. To business.

Hot towel
Truefitt and Hill pre-shave oil
Acca Kappa 1869 cream
New Forest 2201 brush
Merkur Futur
Feather blade
Acca Kappa 1869 after shave gel/lotion
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

Same as yesterday, and with the same result - the Feather blade seems to achieve in two passes what many others do in three. I'm starting to wonder how good their new razor is, and whether I can justify the outlay. Which probably means that I've already convinced myself that I really want one.

Regards

Ian

Monday evening.

Hot shower, hot towel, proraso pre.
Nanny's Citrus Zinger, Fido finest.
Super speed, 7 o'clock yellow (4)
Alum, proraso post, trumpers skin food.

Best shave to date. Hadn't shaved for 3 days due to a busy weekend. Still working on lather. Tried loading the brush from the tub, but only had enough for 2 passes, Had to make a second batch. Icreased the speed of the stroke and got a much cleaner result with less irritation, i think i may have been going a little slow in the early days, but now the confidence has built a little the speed has increased and the results improved. 95% BBS.

Congrats Tony!! Now it changes ;) :lol:

Tueasday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Klas Törnblom 185 in pink ivory wooden scales
Brush: New Forest 2201
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
AS: Old Spice Fresh lime
Strop: Neil Miller x 2 (got a new oil strop)
Result: Very Clean :D
Shave was very nice and the Törnblom was very, very nice (look at those scales Neil made!), but I cut my finger when I took her out from the roll :oops:
48821d1284457206-sotd-sun-september-12th-sat-september-18th-snb13449.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom