Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 11th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not mine but it was a very interesting razor to use as its an open comb despite the safety bar, the picture is a bit deceptive.

I've continued using my 1951 Superspeed with Gillette Super Thins since returning from the soft water of Cornwall to the hard stuff in the forest. And I'm actually getting just the same satisfying shave. I was considering a long handled version of the Superspeed, but as each day passes I become more at ease with this little razor. Other razors will stay in the stash a little longer.

First outing for my new Simpsons Beaufort 1 pure badger with Proraso soap and balm. Another fine shave.

DSC_2517.jpg

Jeltz said:
Is it the current tallow formulation you are using Ian or the old one?

The original tallow formulation, as far as I am aware. I found a Co-op pharmacy locally that had a handful and I cleared them out!

Ian

Saturday

Did not shave :eek: :shock:

Sunday

Gem OCMM
Gem PTFE (2)
Arko Stick
Culmak Viscount
Brut AS

All the talk about Culmak made me get my old brush out, a nice bit of face lathering with the Arko and a nice DFS was had, its still a bugger to save the top lip with the micromatic.

TTFN

Tony

Sunday Night:

• - Merkur 42c loaded with a Croma Diamant blade
      - Kalina Everest shave cream and Le Tuft Cobalt Blue
      - Peach Thayers' Witch Hazel
      - Alcolado Glacial AS[/list:u][/list:u]

I'm kinda liking this Merkur 42 new toy; same head as the 34HD (apparently), but a lighter handle - very neatly balanced though - close but not too aggressive. The menthol of the Everest & Alcolado (with the Glacial's bit of lime), went surprisingly well with the Peach Thayers'; very refreshing and cool on a somewhat muggy eve.

Sunday Evening

EJ 87 + Gillette Super Thin (2)
Fido Finest
Tabac soap
Proraso Splash

<< That thing US marines shout when they get all excited >> (The dicks)

Sunday

White proraso pre/ post
Neo finest 2 band
Nannys yushi soap
Laurel oc + crystal (3)
Thayers with lemon
Proraso asb

Razor does seem mild need to try it with a feather next time
A good shave

Monday morning

Shower & ESPA Shavemud > Wilkinson 'Sticky' & Wilkinson vintage (#2) > Valobra stick & Semogue 1250 > Floid Blue & Panhaligons Endymion

Fast & clean, pretty nice. I like this razor and blade combo - neither too aggressive not too mild.
The Floid makes a good match to 'neutral' or traditional soaps like Valobra and so does the Endymion in my opinion.

Have a great week gentlemen.

Attachments

• SOTD_13Sep.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 31
Monday

Sensor 3
Vulfix 404
The bluebeards revenge
Old Spice Whitewater

Nice and simple 2 pass shave this morning and most the damage to my neck has cleared up so might start getting the DE out again.

Hope the semogues turn up today. Have a great Monday.

Monday
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 (Two-band Super)
Soap: Czech & Speake #88
Aftershave: D R Harris Pink
Smellies: Aramis 900

Ah, Aramis 900.

1986. School-leavers' disco.

Black 501's which I had to have after the brilliant music on the adverts - Stand By Me, Wonderful World and Heard It On The Grapevine and a Pink LaCoste polo shirt.

All I needed was the smellies. I had a choice, my younger brother's Cacharel, my older brother's Kouros, or my own Anteaus or Aramis 900.

Quick spray this morning and in my head I'm having a final slow dance with **** **** before we vanished from each others' lives forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom