Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Grosevenor Bodger
Razor: Garantie + Merkur 25 c for head
Soap: Nanny Yushu
AS: La Coste Challenge
Strop: Neil Milller linen/buffallo 30/50
Result: Very, very clean :D
I´ve fallen in love with those Gillettes bluese, lol, they´re a very nice match for the Mekur and head shave. Fantastic blades! Nannys soap was superb, as allways and the bodger is a very nice brsuh - and for the price it costs I´m amazed.
48642d1284188575-sotd-sun-august-05th-sat-september-11th-snb13415.jpg

Saturday

Futur
Swede
New Forest 2201
Erasmic Shaving Stick
Old Spice Whitewater a/s

Having seen both versions of the Erasmic stick get something of a panning in another thread, I decided to get my tallow version from the back of the soap drawer and give it a whirl.

If you are having problems getting a good lather with the tallow version of this, you must be doing something very wrong, as I easily got a 3 pass shave from mine this morning, and a very nice shave it was too. It is, for me, equally as good as the lather from the Palmolive sticks, but smells better. In fact, the scent is very similar to the Harris Arlington soap, to my nose.

Ian

Saturday, 09-11-10.

Soap from Alepo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette 1958 TV Rocket - Permasharp #1 - Martin de Candre - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Grey Flannel + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado11-09-10001.jpg

An Ultimate Comfort day today:

Hot towel
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shaving cream
New Forest 2201 brush
Edwin Jagger DE87
Derby blade
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort ASB
Ferrari Red EDT

A very, very comfortable 3-pass shave. The Ferrari EDT is because it's the Italian Grand Prix this weekend, and obviously worked, because Alonso is on pole!

Forza Ferrari!!!!

Regards

Ian

Friday evening

Hot shower
Proraso Pre cream
New Forest 2201
Gillette SS
Gillette Nacet Platinium
Alum
Proraso AS

First try with the Nacet Platinium which was a generous pif from Bazwalk a few weeks ago. I'll be interested to hear what others think of them, (I'm just off to read the relevant section) but they worked very well for me - in the way Derbys and Supermax's do. An easy satisfying pre work shave.

Saturday

Shower & ESPA Shavemud as pre > Sticky > Wilkinson vintage (#1) > NF 2201 +20% > D.R. Harris Marlborough soap & as > Opus 1870 asb > Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

IMG_1077.jpg

- The Wilkinson 'Sticky' shaves pretty well, my first shave with it. The original blades that came with it seem fine at the moment, but I need more shaves to have a solid opinion.
- I can only describe the D.R. Harris Marlborough as shave nirvana for me, which I never expected to find. In combo with Fido's brush I get amazing shaves.
- Seems I may be establishing sooner than I had originally though my 'standard' rotation of few items, after discovering how good are D.R. Harris Marlborough and La Toja products on my skin.
- I graded two Erasmic sticks (tallow) few weeks back and believe to more or less agree with some comments made in another thread. However, I kept a stick as well, so may be I'll give it a try soon; Ian may well be right, at the end this is a tallow soap.
- Forza Fernando & Jenson!

Saturday Afternoon

MWF Wash
BHFT & Astra (1)
Proraso Soap & 404 Mix
Alum
Proraso ASB
Proraso AS

3 passes of menthol goodness, with just one tiny nick from yesterday making a repeat appearance - see, told you it was the blade!

Ian, give me your address, i want to come around your house to see your Multi-Erasmic skills in person. ;)

Right, quiet please, the Triathlon Champs are starting :)

moodymick said:
...Ian, give me your address, i want to come around your house to see your Multi-Erasmic skills in person...
:lol:

But he may well be right, you know. What are we gonna do then? :?

Anyway, I am likely to remove the grated Erasmic out of that very nice Dovo aluminium travel container soon, in order to make some room for the C&S #88 soap puck... :eek:

IMG_1080.jpg

Saturday Afternoon.

Hot shower
Proraso preshave
Progress Razor
Personna Red blade
Omega 10005 brush
Mama bears brute soap
Proraso A/S
Body shop macca root moituriser.

ahh, lovely.
Nice thick lather as usual from the MB soap.
First shave with the Progress, had it set to 3 and a lovely close shave. I thought I would try it set at 1.5 for the second pass on my neck but it bit me a couple of times :eek: , set it back to 3 and everything went smooth after that.
I traded my Futur for this Progress and am very happy I done so, it suits me better and the head is smaller so I can get in by the nostrels.
Verdict: good to very good. 4 star shave.

:D :D :D

I'm going for the same combo tomorrow, and hoping for a Ferrari 1 - 2. It will shake up the Drivers' Championship nicely.

And it's the second one-day International between England and Pakistan tomorrow, as well. It's going to be a busy day!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, guys! ;)

ejde89l + shark (6)
1460 + trumpers sandalwood
Taylors Sandalwood a/s

Last shave for the shark. No pulling but it took more passes than it should to get things smooth.
Off to watch the Tour of Britain tomorrow. Proper racing ;)

Saturday Night:

• - Astra Keramic slotted into Merkur 42
      - Semogue 2000 & Nanny's Warm Spice shave cream (not 'soft soap')
      - Thayers' Lavender Wtch Hazel
      - Sir Irisch Moos AS
      • * sample from Paul @ Connaught RE: buying Keramics & the Merkur[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Nanny's cream was (as usual), the articulated mid-legs' hinge-joints of the proverbial apis. Liquid armour, slick, good after-slip; not a bad smell (probably the most 'medicinal' smelling of her products, to my olfactories). The pickable nit being the small size of the delivery hole in the tottle bottle - was hard to judge from the strand of Silly String®, how much might be product & how much might have been air hidden under the thin loops. Not a biggie; just 'there'.

The Keramics were very smooth & very sharp; fine performance. The Merkur was beautifully balanced and had extremely good grippability. The Irsch Moos was satisfactory to my skin and only slightly 'meh'-feeling as it dried.

The shave was top rate for smoothness; my lack of focus caused a pinking or tow, but nothing the post-shave repair-routine hasn't mostly alleviated.

Saturday
White proraso pre/post
Neo finest 2band
Nannys yushi soap
Laurel oc+ crystal (2)
Thayers with lemon
Proraso asb

A good shave . Nannys soap is excellent - I should use it more. The razor seems very mild which I wasn't expecting for an oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom