Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 11th September 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naked Ape said:
<< That thing US marines shout when they get all excited >> (The dicks)

"Let's go and kill some of our own allies"?

Aaaaanyway.....

Monday

Futur
Swede
New Forest 2201
Trumper's Sandalwood Soap
Trumper's Limes a/s - (ooo, that's a nice smellAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH)

Picked up the Ogallala a/s from the Post Office this morning, so tomorrow's shave may involve screaming with a different scent.

Ian

Monday morning
Pre: Shower
Razor: Klas Törnblom X
Brush: Bushmar, vintage both handle and badger
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: English Leather
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very good, considering this was the fastest two passes ever :shave
New blade, wow. Sharp and Good looking :D. Neil has made the scales aswell as honing, MOP in acrylic and lookers for sure! Pic doesn´t do them justice, in any way.
48764d1284366073-sotd-sun-september-12th-sat-september-18th-snb13440.jpg

Monday:

Back to the Futur (again - I'm not going to tire of writing that, the rest of you will just have to get used to it).
My first experience of a Feather blade - I reasoned that as I have a hospital appointment today, I may as well.

Pre: Hot towel and Truefitt & Hill pre-shave oil
Cream: Acca Kappa 1869
New Forest 2201
Merkur Futur
Feather blade
Acca Kappa 1869 after shave gel (actually more of a lotion)
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

Two passes only, and only a few small weepers 'twixt nose and top lip. Not the anticipated decapitation, instead a very efficient, close shave. I'll need to use the Feather blades some more, to get used to them, but my first experience has certainly been positive.

Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Sunday Evening.

Hot towel
Merkur slant
Personna red blade
Omega 10005 brush
Proraso preshave cream
Body shop macca root cream
Proraso A/S
Grooming Lounge pre-shave oil
Body shop macca root moisturiser. :)

Soaked the brush for 10 mins in red hot water, squirted a reasonable amount of macca root cream into my pre heated mixing bowl along with 3 drops of pre-shave oil, very lightly squeezed the brush and continued to make enough lather to shave my whole body! (but I only shaved my face of course).
Ive gotta get to grips with quantity as I always seem to make way too much lather, better more than not enough though! Also, the sooner I run out, the sooner I can buy some new and different creams :p .
Tried a Personna Red blade in the slant and what an amzing Razor, A lovely clean, close and nick free shave.
The Razor still looks like someone of a considerable weight has stood on the Razor making it the funny shape.
All in all, a very comfortable shave, 4 star.

Monday Afternoon.

Ikon Deluxe Bulldog High Polish
Tesco Blade
Tabac Shaving Soap
Omega No 83
L'Oreal Moisturising Balm
Tabac After Shave

Got up after working Nights and found that my new Ikon had just been delivered. Loaded it with one of my favourite blades and had a fantastic shave. This razor is not aggressive for me....it just shaves extremely well and looks beautiful.

Brian

Monday, 09-13-10.

Soap from Alepo - Omega 6236 silvertip - Gillette 1958 TV Rocket - 7 O'clock yeloow #3 - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Floïd Blue + ASB Floïd.

Afeitado13-09-10.jpg

Alu Tech
Lord Platinum x 1
Semogue 2000
Prarie Creations soap
Alum
Enliven fresh a\s

first try with this brand of blade and it shaved well, even ATG on my neck.
the Enliven smells like Arko a\s cream

Monday

Semogue 2009 LE
Dovo 1516 (the "tortoise" one)

Tabac soap and aftershave

Well, that was just about perfect, even though I was holding a conversation at the same time, albeit a rather stilted one on my part.

Not posted for a while as i have been to and from the hospital in Osnabrück. (And now have a lovely baby daughter!! :D )

Monday

Fatboy
Gillette Platinum (1)
New Forest 2201
Henk's Dutch Moss Cream
Alum
CHH Tobacco AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom