Tuesday

Lord "Tech"
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (2)
Unknown Badger
BS Macca Root Cream
Thayers [with added menthol]
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Adidas Dynamic Pulse AS [with added menthol]

Going with the less aggressive razors for a while, a nice shave from the Lord & Yellow.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday 9.00 PM
Merkur 34C
Iridium Blade (1st time I have used these blades)
La Toja Stick
Prosaso A/S
Nice clean shave, no redness, just all worked........ :shave
Got to say, I like the blade gave a good shave, think I may have found another blade that suits me....... :D :D

Monday

6/8 Air Brand
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating post shave balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Couple of silly small nicks caused by letting myself be distracted for a split-second each time. Other than that, a lovely DFS.

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
ASB: C.O. Bigelow Green Elixir
Cologne: C.O. Bigelow Green Elixir

389658654.jpg

No headshave for past few days now unfortunately.

HSOTD

Razor: Rogers Special
Brush: MM928 Cocobolo Ebony Pawn
Soap: Ginger's Garden Clove
Lotion: Ogallala Bayrum & Hazelnut Coffee

389664813.jpg

Decide to headshave today it's almost been week since I last shave.

Cyril Salter Best Badger
Merkur HD w/ a Derby for face
Mach 3 for head
Headblade Headslick cream
Old Spice AS
Old Spice Cologne

I like Headslick a lot, but it's ever so boring.

Wednesday am

Dovo aluminium travel pure badger brush
Muehle R89 / Gillette Platinum UK
Muehle sea buckthorn shaving cream
AoS alum
Speick after shave
Christian Dior Intense Eau de Parfum

- The Muehle cream belongs to that category of 'sister software' products (Muehle and Edwin Jagger) that are offered in three scents (aloe vera / sandalwood / sea buckthorn). I decided to try the sea buckthorn in Muehle shaving cream tube, and the other two scents in Edwin Jagger shaving cream tubs (they were reduced at NkD Man). They are supposed to be much more natural products compared to the average offerings from the competition. Today was my first go on them. The catch, from what I can now say, is that they should probably be different in the water mix ratio requirements, and from what I suspect less forgiving if you get that wrong. Testing will continue and I will report further accordingly.

- The sea buckthorn scent is nice, ideal for summer days, its intensity is medium (not particularly overwhelming and not too light as well). I am wearing it today with the CD Intense fragrance, and it is a nice and fruity combo for a warm summer day. Compared to the Proraso, the sea buckthorn scent is certainly lighter and much less tingling on the face. A part of it is orange scent, slightly different though from the Hermes d'Orange Verte cologne, which is naturally much more complex fragrance-wise and would make a great combination today as cologne or perfume.

- I did a first test lathering with the new Muehle 21mm knot badger I received yesterday. While it is not supposed to be something extraordinary as a brush, I am disappointed. Not a stiff knot, little backbone, nothing that special to justify the thirty something Euros I paid. I got it because I am well suited to the handle design and in order to match the faux horn Edwin Jagger Chatsworth razor I received last week. I will revert with pictures and comments, but first opinion is that there are certainly plenty of much better and cheaper brushes out there.

Wednesday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Col. Conk Bay Rum Soap
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Ian

Wednesday
Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
Feather blade
Simpson Tulip 2 (2-band / Super) brush
D R Harris Almond shaving soap
Czech & Speake #88 cologne

Great.

Re: HSOTD

Arrowhead said:
SiR-ed8 said:
Decide to headshave today it's almost been week since I last shave.
Aha, the HSOTD riddle is solved.

Oops I've been meaning to do that Andy. Truth be told I've been using the SE's for weeks now and am actually starting to have good rotation going on. More soaps getting used as well as brushes.

So instead of using 2 brushes simultaneously from past SOTDs to maximize my shave as well as enjoy them, I reckon it best to shave head with straight because the SE at least would allow me to shave everyday putting everything to use. I don't have to wait 2-2.5 days to shave which is common with my straights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom