Trumper Bay Rum Cologne

Ian

Saturday
Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/TRS cream
Gillette flair/Astra
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB

A good Saturday shave and ready for the workshop now :) .

regards, beejay

Saturday morningish
Pre: Hot shower and Proraso for head
Razor: Friodur 15/16
Brush: Custom pro 24 mm finest two band
Soap: Nannys Cirtrus Zinger
ASB: Chanel Allur
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffalo 50/70
Result: :shave :D

Two days stubble and the big guy came out. Love the ASB:s, but couldn´t use it for years (to fat skin type), but now when I use AS after it works perfect. Ahhh, lovvely shave and lovely day!
45515d1278753697-sotd-sun-july-4th-sat-july-10th-snb12742.jpg

Saturday

Ever-Ready 1912
Gem PTFE (1)
Omega 80052
Da Fat
Thayers
One Planet ASB
Umbro Ice AS

Back to the SE's, and a superb shave from the ER & Gem.

TTFN

Tony

Saturday
Razor: EJ DE87
Blade: Feather
Brush: Tulip 2 (2 band) Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Cologne: GFT Eau De Quinine

I have given the Tulip a good run-out but find I prefer the scubbier feel of the fan-shaped Duke 2.

Saturday AM

Also Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.

Feather Portable DE Travel Razor
Bluebird Hi Stainless (1 - 4)
EJ Travel Pure Badger
Palmolive Cream

Tabac AS

Day 1 with this razor was a learning experience; two or three weepers and I seriously thought of flogging it on after the break. It got much better as I got used to it and as a result I can and do recommend it. Get them dirt cheap from Pauldog. The rest of the 'guys in the band' performed as you would expect.

Mrs Spirit and I have had a few days in a family caravan just outside Rothbury. Nothing much happened.

:roll:

Saturday, 07-10-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette "The Tech" fat handle - Blade Wilkinson Sword #2 - Pre Proraso - Arko (sample) - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado10-07-10003.jpg

Saturday, Late Afternoon:

• - cleansed with Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
    - Cobalt Blue SuperBadger custom by beejay
    - ToOBS Lemon & Lime shave cream
    - F4 Gillette Fatboy with a 7 O'Clock PermaSharp (Indian Green)
    - My Mighty Menthol AlumWater spritz
      • & MICA stick for where the PermaSharp pinked my fitrum[/list:u][/list:u]
        - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
        - Alcolado Glacial[/list:u]

Great Googa Mooga!
          • It just gets closer and and closer. [/list:u][/list:u]

I was negatively impressed by the Green Indians the first couple of times I used them.
            • I figured once the 5 pack sampler was done, they were off the list; in the fatboy at 5 they done alright though. [/list:u]
              Sadly I had a tremble and pinked my filtrum, about a cm or so below the ol' honker.
                • ... bit of claret flowed for the last part-pass until I got out the Magical Ice Crystal Alum deodorant stick and stemmed the tide, as it were.
                    • My AlumWater was not enough to dam the blood; didn't think it would be, as it is much milder than using a block rubbed on the skin.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Saturday Evening

RSC Face Scrub (50p - had to buy it...... & its friend! ;) )
Muhle R89 & Super Thin (2)
GFT Almond Cream & EJ BB
GFT Portugal EdT

Night of a couple of firsts. The face scrub was ok especially for the price and did a good job of softening up. The R89 was very nice straight away, no nicks and no drama. The GFT products were samplers, i found that although the first pass with the cream was fine, the second pass needed more water as it was deffo dry - not something i have experienced with other creams - ah well live n' learn :) . The EdT?, hmm..... Limoncello would be my best guess, not something i minded but the Mrs was not impressed - nevermind, 5 more samples to run through and a bottle of Aqua Velva on the side waiting its turn :D !

Saturday Evening

L'Oreal face wash in the shower
New Forest Superior 2201
Godrej Lime Deluxe cream
Gillette Superspeed
Derby (1)
Old Spice Lime

All out lime tonight, combined with Original Source Lime shower gel - first use of a Derby blade, and I was very impressed. A relaxing shave in that it was only two passes, but feels as close as a three pass shave with a Personna. Hardly any stinging from splashing on the OS Lime, and I even put some on my neck which I've never dared do before! Happy days :cool:

Saturday

Merkur HD
Feather
Arko stick
Kent BK4
Alum block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Simple for Men AS Balm
Floid Blue AS

No time for a straight shave, and I managed a DFS with just two passes (WTG/ATG) for a change.

Saturday Night

Stainless steel Bassler straight
Vulfix 2235
Mr Taylor's cream
Alum
Aquatonic

A DFS the neck is the best its been, getting there properly now!

Sunday
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Soap: D R Harris Almond

Sunday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Personna Injector Blade
EJ Best Badger
Proraso
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb
Trumper Bay Rum Cologne

I've been avoiding anything with alcohol or menthol in it for about a week with excellent results. This morning, in the interest of science, I dug out the Proraso (the green tube). My face feels slightly hotter than it has done all week. Hmmm...

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom