Not open for further replies.
Monday morning
Pre: Cold shower
Brush: Bushmar vintage with orignal badger hair
Razor: Le Grelot no: 71
Soap: Cella
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo 40/50
Result: Ok

This brush loaded tons of lather, 30 sec load = two passes on face and two on head and there still was lather in the bowl :D I cleaned all my brushes this weekend, this one included and thank you all that encourged me to use it. It has bloomed nicely now and I think it´s a silvertip? I also love the smell of Cella in the morning! didn´t think to much today, I just shaved and that didn´t pay of :lol:, clean but far from the best shave I´ve had.
45613d1278924779-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12771.jpg

Monday
Hot towel
Wilkinson bristle!!! :shock: /Tabac,,just to balance things out :)
Gillette flair/Astra (nice pairing)
Alum
L'occitaine Cade ASB

Nice esay shave with pretty good results.
Coffee and work now.
regards, beejay

Monday

Vincent TTO
Asco (1)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
RSC Cream
Thayers
Proraso Pre/Post AB
G Bellini ICE AS [with added menthol]

Decided to have a run out for the Vincent, mine is a good one but is very aggressive and a try out of the Asco. The Asco is quite sharp but not all that smooth, the Vincent gives me good feed back on a shave because it sounds like a Gem when I shave, no noise no bristle, all in all a good shave but I won't be buying any more Asco blades.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday AM

Gillette OC
Derby Extra (2)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
OS (Lime, India) Cream

OS (Shulton's) AS

The razor is an old Canadian open comb; it has the shape of the 'ball end' Tech but is heavier with the obligatory hairline cracks in the handle. Sorry, but I do not know its series identity. It shaves quite well, I got it some months ago on the Bay and I'm happy with it.

I need to concentrate on using up partial tubes of cream, they are cluttering up valuable stash space. The OS Lime is quite good but I don't think that I will be buying any more I prefer the more traditional Erasmic, Palmolive, WARS & Omega scents.

Decent shave!
:)

New Forest Superior Badger 2201 : Gillette Slim adjustable+Lion : Palmshave SC : Mennen ASL : Royall Lyme

DSCN4182.jpg

Goodbye SA, first FWC in Africa, first cup for Spain,...I'll remember these deays forever. Palshave and Lion are good shaving stuff from SA.

Monday

Ever Ready 1912 (alumium handle)
GEM SE blade
Tabac stick
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic post shave balm
Tabac AS

Monday Night

Kropp 6/8 Round point
Wilkinson Sword Boar brush
Erasmic soap
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade to clean up
Alum
Aquatonic AS

What a lovely shave with the Kropp, I could have persisted and gotten a DFS but a quick pas and a half with the Futur brought it up to a BBS.

Jeltz said:
Monday Night

Kropp 6/8 Round point
Wilkinson Sword Boar brush
Erasmic soap
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade to clean upAlum
Aquatonic AS

What a lovely shave with the Kropp, I could have persisted and gotten a DFS but a quick pas and a half with the Futur brought it up to a BBS.

Do I detect a Merkur blade convert? :D Splendid fellow!

How are you finding the Erasmic soap?

Blyth Spirit said:
Do I detect a Merkur blade convert? :D Splendid fellow!

How are you finding the Erasmic soap?
The blade seems fine to me nothing remarkable in either a good or bad way!

Erasmic soap (Shavebowl) is great I think its probably the slickest lather I get, very consistent and I like to partner it with the WS brush.

EJ89L
Red Personna (7)
404 bodger
Body Shop/Ingrams combo
Witch Hazel
Encre Noir EDT

DFS. I'm definitely getting better at this :)

Tuesday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Col. Conk Bay Rum Soap*
Boots Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

*Found this at the back of my soap drawer and thought I'd give it another go. Lather for the first pass was poor (too much water) but I still got away with it. Made a second lather with less water and it was much better. Scent is nice, but weak, but my face felt very smooth/soft after the shave.

Ian

Thuesday morning
Pre: Cold shower
Razor: Henckels
Brush: Custom 24 mm two banded finest
Soap: Tabac
ASB: Davidoff
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo 40/50
Result: :shave :D

Very nice shave today, 2 1/2 passes. This strop is _really_ nice, it was very good from day one, but it keeps getting better and better and my other strops seems to get more and more crapy :cry:. I had oiled the razors a couple of weeks ago and today was the first go with this one, one of the few I´ve bought new and when I cleaned the oil away from the scales, the logo was smudged :evil:. Very nice edge though, thanks to Neil!
45653d1279011790-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12789.jpg

Tuesday:
Hot towel
Ever Ready 12a/Valobra ( Love the smell :) )
Gillette flair/Astra (3) probably one too many
Alum
Nivea replenishing ASB

The blade was a bit rough in parts so ony a reasonable shave.
New blade and different razor tomorrow.
regards, beejay

Tuesday, 07-13-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue LE09 - GEM Push button - GEM #3 - Grodej Menthol Mist - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB sul filo del rasoio + ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Afeitado13-07-10001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom