Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 10th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proraso Pre/Post
EJ DE87 w/ Feather
RSC Cream
TGS Silvertip

Not sold on the Feather's. I can't seem to get as close with them as I can with a number of other blades, I guess the hone just doesn't match my face.

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Cream: C.O. Bigelow
ASB: C.O. Bigelow Red Elixir
Cologne: C.O. Bigelow Red Elixir

389704194.jpg

Thursday

Schick Injector Type 'J'
Schick Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Trumper's Rose Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb
Czech & Speake #88

Ian

Thursday morning
Pre: Cold shower
Razors: Wade & Butcher + Anton Wingen for head
Brush: Semouge 2000
Soap: Omega
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo
Result: Oh yes!
Neil has restored this W&B (and the Wingen) and it´s a hallow ground but with the weight of a wedge, yet it has the feedback as a hallow ground (a little strange, yes?). I like it a lot!
45727d1279187399-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12798.jpg

EJDE89L
Jewel (1) (PIF from sunburyboy)
'The Dapper' small vintage brush (Simpsons I think. From my 'grandfather-in-law's travel kit)
Body Shop original cream
Witch Hazel
Trimpers Marlborough

Not far off BBS. No nicks. A tiny bit of redness that subsided by the time I got on my bike to ride to work.
No problems with the NOS blade. Made in Sheffield is always a winner. Thanks Steve.

I kept things vintage with an heirloom travel badger. It looks like an old Simpsons. Says "The Dapper" on it. The knot is in decent nick and obviously hasn't been used much. But the handle is cracked quite badly. I repaired it with superglue. (I was originally not planning to use it. But I think I will and replace it with a Case or Wee Scott if it collapses.)

The BS cream has a strong soapy scent that pairs well with the Marlborough cologne.

Thursday

Futur (1.5)
Thai Superthin (4)
New Forest Superior 2201
SWK Scuttle
Dr Henk's Dutch Moss Cream
Witch Hazel
Boots Bay Rum (I know, i know it's a hair tonic....but it seems to do the trick :lol: )

I have had to change my shave routine since the Unit has decided every morning will be a PT morning! So i fully prep, and shave 1st thing. Do PT, then obviously shower, and post this shower apply AS. This seems to work, well the pores on my face are very open after PT so i imagine this would make sense. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Have a good day guys,

Mikael said:
Thursday morning
Pre: Cold shower
Razors: Wade & Butcher + Anton Wingen for head
Brush: Semouge 2000
Soap: Omega
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo
Result: Oh yes!
Neil has restored this W&B (and the Wingen) and it´s a hallow ground but with the weight of a wedge, yet it has the feedback as a hallow ground (a little strange, yes?). I like it a lot!
45727d1279187399-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12798.jpg
What a beatiful straigth! I'm a safety razor's man but I love the W&B's razors, they are true kitchen knifes. Very nice. :eek:

Slow Shaving said:
What a beatiful straigth! I'm a safety razor's man but I love the W&B's razors, they are true kitchen knifes. Very nice. :eek:

Thank you Slow S! It´s a gem, Neil really worked her up nice and I was happy as a pig in mudd when I found it. The scales was crap though, but orginally they were killer scales. I feel like you, W&B are most often really nice looking gals.

Thursday

pre: hot water and Dove bar
Wilkinson Sword bristle brush
Godrej lime shave cream
Vintage Carrara 11/16 straight
Nivea replenishing asb

A great shave today, the Godrej cream (3 for £5 from Connaught) was fantastic! Smooth, slick lather for a three-pass shave and the lime scent is just great!
I shaved at 2 o'clock and still have the lime aroma now...

I hope the other two are this good... (Palmolive lemon & Dettol citrus)

paintpot said:
the Godrej cream (3 for £5 from Connaught) was fantastic! Smooth, slick lather for a three-pass shave and the lime scent is just great!

I agree! Of the three I got (Nivea and Palmolive lemon also) the Godrej is the most impressive.

Thursday,07-15-10

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 730HD - English Gillette Red Tip - Iridium Super #1 - Pre Proraso - Proraso shaving cream with lanolin - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB sul filo del rasoio + ASL Proraso.

Afeitado15-07-10007-1.jpg

Thursday
Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
Feather blade
Semogue 1305 brush
D R Harris Almond soap
Diptyque Tam Dao cologne

I have an itch to re-visit the Merkur Slant 37c or 37g. If anyone has one they don't use, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom