Shave Of The Day W/C Saturday 07/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK had court today (witness for the fire service), was awake all night bricking myself, got up early and thought

COFFEE and chill with a relaxed shave before the kids get up.

Kept it nice and simple, wouldn't look good with another gash across my face in court so........

Birth year adjustable (77 q1) set at 3
Gillette yellow blade (fresh out the packet)
Trumper Almond Shave Cream
1305 Brush
Proff Blighty's Grapewood blam and AS
Alum Stick

Well my first ever proper face lather (needed to try something new dispite playing it safe) and well to be honest I might retire the bowl it was great
With the razor I had an old lord blade in ther (thought it was a nacet) and had to really crank it up, left it cranked up till I first touched my face and thought SHIT best turn this down or I'll be in A&E so down to #3
WTG and XTG a couple of small weepers but nothing to worry about as the crash helmet will remove any dried blood.
Nice and smooth, followed by Alum stick with only a slight sting :cry: shame cos the sting I like but a great shave

all sorted, wake wife and kids, another coffee, get into brigade uniform and have to adjust the button on the trousers (not worn in near on 6 months) and leave for court, took me 1 1/2 hours to do a 30 min max trip, the shave was a good start, the ride just calmed me down to a reasonable level.

Prof Blighty will be pleased to hear throughout the day I had a number of comments from both men and women about the AS I was wearing and where they can get some for themselves/there partners

Anyway a good day and a good shave, BUT back to the straight next shave, its just well so different.......

Mysore Soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Duke 3 in best
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum
L'Occitane Bavx Balm & Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

I'm so predictable I know but when you quickly find a setup you really enjoy using it's difficult to switch, lovely shave smooth soft and clean, I will be getting the L'Occitane Cedar next time, even though the Bavx is a wonderful scent.

Jamie

celtic_art-1-1.jpg

Thursday

Good morning.

Merkur 33C : Wilkinson : Omega No. 34 : Penhaligons English Fern : D.R. Harris Arlington : Santa Maria Novella Emulsione Analcolica

SOTD_12May.jpg

Very nice, two passes plus a partial neck ATG, no irritation, smooth feeling afterwards. The SMN balm matches the English Fern and Arlington scents well. :)

Thursday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 (two band) Super
  • D R Harris Almond shaving soap
  • Blenheim Bouquet cologne[/list:u]

Thursday.

Milk Churn
Mama Bears Creme Brulee
Merkur 45c
Wilkinson Sword / Sptnik
Boots Freshwood
Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood

The Wilkinson Sword blades are the ones that came with the Merkur, HORRIBLE !!!!! Straight away it was dragging and pulling, so it didn't even last half a pass. I replaced it with a Sputnik the difference was WOW !!! The 4 remaining Wilkinson Sword have been set aside for a PIF at some stage. And if thats what Wilkinson Sword are generally like I will have a few more to go.

Thursday

The Shave

Hot towl
Gillette Slim Adjustable (Setting 4)
Feather double edge razor blade
Vulfix 404 Brush (Boar/badger mix)
Nanny's silly Soap (Arabian Nights Softer Soap)
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers Skin Food (Sandalwood)
Pinaud's Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave

Sorry I have not posted of late been tied up with work.

Anyway to the shave, a nice simple two pass shave (WTG & XTG) with a small touch up on my chin.

I am really enjoying using the feather blades and the fear of using them has reduced however not enough to make me get careless and still treat them with respect.

Sadly time to get dressed for work.

Cheers

Richard

006800x643.jpg

Wow, what a cool blade - today I got the lather right (not very hard with MdC) and the Berg delivered big time :D Very, very clean indeed :D

MWF Hand Soap,
MWF SS,
New Forest 2203,
Dovo Bismark 6/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
Davidoff Cool Water EdT.

SOTDMay12th2011.jpg

Maiden shave with the Bismark. (Thank you Steve.)

I gave it a few laps of the 6000 side of a King 1000/6000.
A few with a Water of Ayr hone then my pasted strop
before a good stropping on one of Neils' Latigo stops.

Its not quite as sharp as I would like but thats down to my honing skills or lack of them!!

Patience is a virtue I believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom