Shave Of The Day W/C Saturday 07/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of a new idea for S.O.T.D, then it came to me how about commemorative S.O.T.D, in memory of a loved one Father Mother Brother or Sister, dedicated to those we have lost, or even some of the good people of today, doing good things in the world, well i'm going to dedicate this shave to my Grandfather and Father who were both Miners, my Father was sadly killed in a miming explosion back in 1963, and my Grandfather served in the forces during the second world war saw lots of action in north africa, then came back home to Wales and worked all his life as a Miner, so here's my commemorative S.O.T.D to those Miners and Miners all over the World.

Jamie

001-2.jpg

Tuesday, 05-10-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel oil - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Gillette Nacet Stainless #2 - Pre PREP - Vintage Woods of Windsor shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado10-05-11-1.jpg

Unusually a morning shave........ Last time I did that it was for a friend's funeral.

This time it was a family reunion........ funeral :(

So to the shave its self:-

Prep:- A good splash in the was basin and a hot towel.

Soap:- MWF

Razor:- Bluebeard's Revenge Scimitar

Blade:- Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow

Post shave:- Original Source Soothing Shave Balm. I did my usual trick of putting too much on and ending up with a white face......... Fortunately it had been absorbed by the time I went out.

The day went well it was good to see ( some of ) the family again!

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Limes SF as prep,
GFT Limes SS,
Dovo 5/8,
Alum Block,
GFT Limes SF,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDMay10th2011.jpg

An enjoyable shave but I'm not sold on the GFT Limes Soap. Loved the cream!
The performance is great.........just the smell!

Good evening, today I shaved with this:

Merkur Progress + Laser Super Platinum
New Forest Tubby 2
Lea Mentholated Shaving Cream
Alum Stone
Vigorous Floid Special Edition Lotion
Floid Balm

Lea Mentholated Shaving Cream has been unused for a long time and I love the sensation of coolness in the face in a very hot day in Spain

Tuesday
White proraso pre/post
Neo Custom 2 band
Provence Sante
Muhle R41 + red IP (3)
Thayers
Proraso ASB

a lovely shave - 2.5 passes + touch ups, smooth no irritation.

Wednesday, 11.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Vulfix 404"Grosvenor" boar & badger
Tabac rasierseife
Mühle R89
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Bottega Verde UOMO Dopobarba Riparatore

P1030804.jpg
[/center]

Wednesday

Good morning folks.

Merkur 33C & Wilkinson : Simpson Chubby 2 two band Super & Mitchells Wool Fat : Aqua Velva : Institut Karité balm : Creed Aventus

SOTD_11May.jpg

- The irritation went out in a blink of an eye, having brought 'safe and trusted' equipment today. However the more I think of it, I suspect it was the face wash soap that gave me the trouble yesterday. A South Korean natural 'face' soap (from mid-2006 of course :roll: ) that I used for first time to clean the face before shaving...
- Not much else other than that the Chubby 2 is a Rolls-Royce (as Martin says) which you can drive to the 'office' every other day if you ask me, the AV never fails to show how classic it is, the IK does a discrete and solid job and finally our accountant (who will not be with us soon as next week I will lay her off - but of course due to the atrocities line management commits here she doesn't know it yet) says the Aventus smells nice... :eek: ;)

Happy Birthday Mrs M

Shower

EJ DE89
Personna (3)
Men U Brush
RSC Cream
Essentials Balm
Jovan

2 passes and touch up, bit of irritation on neck due to my own over shaving. But other than that not bad.

Wednesday:

After a shower I took my newly acquired fatboy executive, loaded with a feather. Lathered with arko shaving cream (also a first) and started with the fatboy at 3.
Second pass XTG at 5, ATG also at no.5. Resulted in a BBS and smelling funny because of the Arko :lol:
Used some Weleda ASB afterwards.

Prep: hot shower
Brush: New Forest, Tubby 2
Razor: E A Berg, special
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Milller
Result: Very, very clean :D
I don´t get this cream, it was better than yesterday, but still thin (not watery though). I must be doing something wrong, from what I remember from samples approx a year ago it should be much more of everything. Very good shave never the less.
008800x615.jpg

Wednesday 11th May

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - British Ever Ready 1912 SE - GEM Stainless Steel Coated - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns

Mikael said:
I don´t get this cream, it was better than yesterday, but still thin (not watery though). I must be doing something wrong, from what I remember from samples approx a year ago it should be much more of everything. Very good shave never the less.
Try this: wet the brush as usual and load the cream with your brush having approximately 60% of the water retained as you used to have.
Follow up with adding drops of water to the brush in order to then get the mix right.
Alternatively load the brush much more (but beware, it is very easy to accidentally load tooo much with this product).

I get the opposite with this cream compared to what you get, I should increase the water ratio in my mix (I load too much from the tub with a simply damp brush).
Generally the Fitjar Neroli cream lathers easily and should give a very rich and highly moisturizing mix.
Perhaps you're spoiled by using soaps more often. This is a relatively soft cream. You would have got it right faster I reckon if you had to load from a Fitjar Neroli soap puck.
Nonetheless, try a slightly different approach and you'll be rewarded. ;)

N_Architect said:
Try this: wet the brush as usual and load the cream with your brush having approximately 60% of the water retained as you used to have.
Follow up with adding drops of water to the brush in order to then get the mix right.
Alternatively load the brush much more (but beware, it is very easy to accidentally load tooo much with this product).

I get the opposite with this cream compared to what you get, I should increase the water ratio in my mix (I load too much from the tub with a simply damp brush).
Generally the Fitjar Neroli cream lathers easily and should give a very rich and highly moisturizing mix.
Perhaps you're spoiled by using soaps more often. This is a relatively soft cream. You would have got it right faster I reckon if you had to load from a Fitjar Neroli soap puck.
Nonetheless, try a slightly different approach and you'll be rewarded. ;)

Cheers Konstantinos! I´ll try more product then, I use a bean size piece now (like I do with Als creams). With Vulfix and Salter I dip the brush in the jar, that´s what I do next... But the little scott in me doesn´t want to do that, with this expensive cream :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom