Wednesday

Prep: Shower
Pre Shave: Prof. Blighty's Black and White Oil
Soap: Prof. Blighty's Black and White
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 OC Yellow
A/S: Prof. Blighty's Black and White Lotion and Balm

3 pass - result v. smooth and no irritation (and after years of cartridge and goop shaving that means a lot!)

Pre - hot shower
Brush - Semogue Owners Club 2 band
Soap - Martin de Candre
Razor - English HD Rocket
Blade - 7 o'clock yellow (2)
AS - Barbershop Bay Rum

It doesn't get much better than this! The M de C produces the creamiest lather I've experienced so far. It moisturises the face well and I can still feel it on my skin hours later. The Rocket is a great shaver and not as aggressive as I had read it could be. Sunburys Barbershop bay rum finished off a great shave, no sting just lovely soothing essential oils, very good!

Super fast shave today.

superp.jpg

Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Gillette Platinum 'Swede'
New Forest 2210 Brush
Palmolive Soap (sticks 'milled' into a bowl)
Old Spice Whitewater a/s

Didn't go as well as expected, but still a good shave.

Ian

Wednesday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 (two band) Super
  • D R Harris Lavender shaving soap
  • Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cologne[/list:u]

Have had a bowl of Almond and one of Lavender on the go since Yule and neither are showing any sign of wear. I reckon I could be looking at a good couple of years' before I need to replace either of them.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Ever Ready badger
EJDE89L/Stahly combo with Feather blade
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

Another great shave with this frankenrazor/Feather combo. The handle is what really completes things as far as weight and balance goes. I gotta say this is one of the best set ups I've ever used.......who woulda thunk it!

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday

Same shave as Monday (which was a bit too close) but much better results - probably due to technique and a bit more beard growth

EJ Badger brush
ToBS sandalwood soap in wooden bowl
Merkur 34C, Astra blade

Hot shower
Took a longer time lathering up today, tested the lather between thumb and finger (someone said that you should not be able to feel your fingerprints whilst sliding fingers)
Plenty of brushing up
1st pass WTG, 2nd pass XTG, 3rd pass XTG/ATG touch ups (neck, jawline)

Nivea sensitive aftershave balm

Result: Beautiful shave, couple of weepers on the neck, styptic pencil took care of them.

Felt really refreshed and relaxed and "cool" against the skin whilst walking in today.

TOP QUALITY SHAVE!

NF Tubby 1 Brush
Muhle R41 OC, Feather
EJ Aloe Shaving Cream
Alum
Thayers Original
EJ After shave balm
Great shave, this is my second with the Muhle OC, the first I tried with a personna red blade, which I did not get such a close shave with, probably just me getting used to the razor, today with the feather it was great two passes wtg/xtg. :D

Wednesday, 05-11-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Gillette Fat Boy - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Sir Irisch Moos.

Afeitado11-05-11001.jpg

Quick tickle this evening:

GFT Rose cream
Wilkinson bristle brush (must get round a better brush)
Superspeed ('66)
Derby blade

GFT Coral Skinfood to finish

nice and smooooth

Wednesday Night

Joseph Elliot Best Silver Steel barbers notch near full wedge.
Boots shave bowl soap
Vie Long horse brush
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater

DFS: A test shave with this ebay razor having polished, removed chips and honed the blade. Honed with a King 1000/6000 Combo stone and a coticule using the dilucot method. I wonder how many times more times I will be able to say this is the best edge that I've produced so far. Its a sweet little shaver and the 1st wedge I've tried. All in all I'm very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom