Saturday 7st November to Friday 13th November 2020.

Morning shave
Prep = warm shower followed by Proraso preshave cream
Razor= Rockwell 6S R2 ( milder setting)
Blade= Gilette 7 o clock yellow
Brush= Semogue HD badger
Soap = Proraso Red
ASB= Proraso ASB
Moisturiser = Keihls Facial Fuel
Tried out milder razor setting as the 7 o clock blade needed taming. Ended up with a SAS .

11 November

P&B Imperial Rum
Simfix Barrule 2 band super
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

A very pleasant, close and comfortable shave this morning with a fresh Feather blade. The Rex is a really excellent if expensive razor. Perhaps an overdose of bay rum, perhaps not.

Williams Wed 11th November

Muhle Silvertip "A" 21mm
Wiliams Mug Soap
Alu.General + S/S Handle
Schick Proline [ 8 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Glad that I went with the Williams today as it really delivered a most excellent lather. It really seemed to make the Shave go well,and i reckon it was probably one of the best Shaves that I have had with this combo. I did not use this Razor for some time until I paired it up with this handle , and have on a number of occasions considered passing it on. After today I will put that idea on hold for a while.

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - Sweyn Forkbeard Vanilla and Tobacco
Brush - Razorock Bruce
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Personna Red (3)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with GFT Skin Food (Sandalwood)

A two and half pass shave. I swear these blades aren't as good as I remember them. A comfortable SAS shave. Rushed as I was hoping to catch the postman before someone else in the house did.

Wed 11th On the Road SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blade Feather 2nd
Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Nice soap with good bayrum scent and reasonably slick too.
Shave with razor paired with blade feels so smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes. Absolutely no tugging at all. Cuts very well atg. However the result was only between bbs to dfs and only noticed some creepers/irritation much later. Over shaved...hahahaha
Rating 9/10

11/11/20
Armistice Day shave

Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes 26mm silvertip
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Ever Ready HFT Natural Angle
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Lotion, Gucci Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Pure Sport

A wonderful slick Lather, Shave was So Close, So smooth & So Comfortable, smiling ear to ear.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

Last edited:

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Stirling Varen
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; APR les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Splash
Scent: Caron Yatagan EdT

I was entigued by the Stirling shaving soap Varen, so thought I'd give it a shot. Varen is Dutch for fern, and the soap was developed by Stirling for a Dutch wetshaving Forum. Wow - it certainly has presence! It is a deep, dark fougère scent, with lashings of oakmoss, but just enough green notes to prevent it being gloomy. I really like it. The performance from the soap was excellent, as I've come to expect from Stirling.
I paired the aftershave and EdT to match the soap scent, and they blended together in splendid fashion.