Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 11-Nov
DSC02623.jpg
Brush: WW Fanchurian
Soap: Mammoth Alive
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Alive balm rocked up and it's a great pairing, I might have ordered it a little late in the year, possibly slightly better for summer time usage but good none the less.

Tomorrow I'm excited (sad I know), the MdC arrived the other day and both the Pitralon and the Arlington arrived today...now which do I crack on with!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD 18.jpg

Soap – Meissner Mint Ice Menthol
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor – Gillette Slim Adjustable (L2)
Blade – Gilette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (3)
A/S – Meissner Black Beer No.1
A/S Balm – Lea 3 in 1

Meissner MIM soap courtesy of BST @ajc347
The menthol is icy as the name implies but not burning or eye watering and the mint is more earthy than fresh, but the lather .. WOW ! Outstanding. Right up there with the best of what I’ve tried.
Pass 1 & 2 (#5 ), pass 3 and pickups ( #4)
My slight downfall was not being able to control my enthusiasm. I broke from normal routine having this impromptu shave and subsequently drew a few weepers.
The Meissner theme continued with Black Beer A/S which is a real tonic to the skin. It won’t be everyones favourite scent but post shave healing qualities are superb.

Have a good day and enjoy your shaves.

IMG_0029sm.jpg

I was looking around the bathroom, thinking "what aftershave have I not used for a while?" BING! There was the bottle of Old Spice sitting below the mirror, crying out for some attention. When they “talk” to you, it’s only polite to listen. :)

So I will match the aftershave with the excellent Stirling Spice soap which is their take on Old Spice. This is as near as we can get these days, since bizarrely Old Spice don't make a shaving soap!! They make just about everything else but no shaving soap, so stupid.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Stirling Soaps Stirling Spice
Brush: Simpson’s The Duke 3 BB
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Old Spice
Bowl: Face lather

Thursday AM 2021-11-11
'The Ugly Duckling' published by Hans Christian Anderson on this date, 1843
mbaSYVZ.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
LASSC BBS-1
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Ginger's Garden Ginger Blossom aftershave
NmAioXf.jpg

Razor = Hitachi & Sun Vintage Japanese
Blade = Sun By Hitachi
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm Badger
Soap = A&E Asian Pear with matching splash
Balm = A&E Unscented Rice Water

08FE953F-41A5-4A7C-ACBA-4EB80840C39A.jpegABF1FE09-A044-4572-94C6-354043974CB4.pngB1423B29-70F2-4B82-9261-B6D47C3DC7E4.pngDecent Enough Shave tonight but a bit aggressive for my liking.
I Didn’t realise until i was taking the picture but it’s a bit of an all round Asian Shave lol
The Razor is fabulous and the pictures don’t do it justice so i took a couple of extra pictures.
The Razor is from the early 60’s & Brand New as in i was first to use it although iv had it on the sotd before.

I’m thinking it’s probably on the same aggression as the Blackland Dart then again maybe the Blade was a bit iffy it’s hard to tell.

Anyway a decent shave
i just need to learn to do 2 passes rather than persevere with the 3 if i’m unsure on the Razor.
Overall it’s a cracking looking Razor in my eyes & a great find for not a lot of money for a vintage 60’s unused Razor.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads & Lassies

Last edited:
67C9B833-BFC2-4213-B936-BFADE64B0977.jpeg

SOTD: 11/11/2021

Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Prep: Bulldog face scrub soap
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: Gillette Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

First shave away from home with work and it was a breeze, as ever with the ever easy and delightful Tabac! Couldn’t ask for more.

Thursday 11th November

AM-JKLU1Xc_69-MUW1ORt1cIXT1Nge2cwUCbyqxXkSrE196HJ4WplyGtCcygpQKzvqQPbxemApSwnM8wrWvAbrN6-NNhdJlYFjb0m-o77FhF41IgHPnSF7dGf6kGNfskz1L8i9Y4pPKSzSnsUoTtWL2nMOS55Q=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Palmolive Shaving Stick (Grated)
Omega Professional w/Blonde Boar 28mm
MARS Razor w/Number 6 Plate
Treet Platinum (2) SE
Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave Lotion

Quick recap: the MARS razor comes with 10 plates of varying gap, delivering a fully customisable shave. So far, I have used two blades, the first the Lord Classic with plates 3 & 5 and second, the Treet Platinum on plates 4 & 6. I started in the middle with plate 5, dropped to 4, then 3 and tonight stepped it up to 6.

Cor! That was indeed a good shave ...

I'll begin by saying that I hold the Treet Platinum as my favourite double edge blade, hands down. Now, either the MARS is blade dependent or more likely I've just got better at setting the blade and nipping it up because tonight's shave on 6 was a lot nicer than the other day's shave on 5. It's capable! It is very capable, and I got a very sound single pass shave off it whereas I made two passes with 5, 4 & 3.

Moreover, it felt a lot less threatening; plate 5 did give me a sensation that it was going to bite. Just that one step up and a self-confessed heavy-handed shaver like me could engage with the razor with a light touch and maintain that throughout the shave. WIth 5, I did catch myself pressing progressively harder and certainly with plates 3 & 4, where I had to very consciously prevent myself from doing so, although with the mildness of the shave (particularly 3) it rather didn't matter.

So yes, I'm finding quite a difference between the plates, certainly from say 3 to 6 which is my spread to far. I'm not that keen on trying 2 or 1, but no doubt will in due course but my next strategy is to run another Treet (the Classic, so a carbon blade) through starting on 5 and then jumping to 7. I hope this will tell me a lot as I'm starting out from the same place (plate 5) but finishing just a little higher than the shave I particularly enjoyed today.

That said, tomorrow I think I'll take a reset with a simple, known-good shave with my Muhle Rocca and a Personna Comfort Coated and then continue with the MARS ...

Razor = Hitachi & Sun Vintage Japanese
Blade = Sun By Hitachi
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm Badger
Soap = A&E Asian Pear with matching splash
Balm = A&E Unscented Rice Water

View attachment 79894View attachment 79895View attachment 79896Decent Enough Shave tonight but a bit aggressive for my liking.
I Didn’t realise until i was taking the picture but it’s a bit of an all round Asian Shave lol
The Razor is fabulous and the pictures don’t do it justice so i took a couple of extra pictures.
The Razor is from the early 60’s & Brand New as in i was first to use it although iv had it on the sotd before.

I’m thinking it’s probably on the same aggression as the Blackland Dart then again maybe the Blade was a bit iffy it’s hard to tell.

Anyway a decent shave
i just need to learn to do 2 passes rather than persevere with the 3 if i’m unsure on the Razor.
Overall it’s a cracking looking Razor in my eyes & a great find for not a lot of money for a vintage 60’s unused Razor.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads & Lassies
Man that razor's awful, you should send it to me so I can keep it out of sight. ;)

Fri 12 SE SOTD
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Kai ProTouch 4th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Yaqi PinaColada Splash
This soap is really good!! Nice scent and very cold! The lather is richly creamy and slick too...
Long forgotten blade...last use was in May. Now, paired with the nice razor...gives a silky smooth and is very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish, would have been perfect except for a red spot! The matching aftershave was great and really icy...hahahaha!!
20211112_101023.jpg

256344509_431665321801006_4883597433706841572_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, 4711 shower gel
Soap: TDS Lilac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (4)

Back to the classic. I'm going to miss the TDS lilac when it runs out, but I'm noticing more lanolin funk as it goes on (same as the juniper one) so I all ears with regard to any reasonably priced 4711 compatible soap suggestions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom