Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 12-Nov
DSC02628.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: MdC Fougere
Razor: CB Karve Brass (D)
Blade: Astor Stainless (1)

First up the Arlington, as @Scorpio93 said it isn't an exact match but it seems to go along well regardless. The citrus hits you straight in the face but it is pleasant. I'll try the pitralon in a couple of days, definitely different smells but if it works as well in combination as the Arlington I'll be happy to mix and match going forward.

Hope everyone has a cracking Friday!

Cheers

Marc

78A8A058-E195-409E-B985-637FF5E3390D.jpeg

SOTD: 12/11/2021

Prep: Shower and Bulldog oil control face scrub soap
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Heavy Metal
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3 Puck
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne 1 Million EDT
Balm: Gillette Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Day 2 of being away and the HWF was as always a delight! The best shave of the week despite being away no doubt helped by the near boiling water being used at the hostel!
The weekend is nearly here guys, have a good day!

Last edited:
Fri 12th November

Omega 11126 boar
L’ Occitane Cade soap
Raster V2
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Today I made sure all went well and did not rush, as a result I was rewarded with a nice close all round finish.I am not sure whether the V3 is any improvement on the V2 in terms of performance, it felt quite fiddly to load and align a blade.

83DA825E-F819-4BF6-9E41-DCC919A05B60.jpeg

Well, I've had a busy week!
After being away for work last week, looks like I've brought COVID back and infected the household so I'm well and truly in the dog house.
I'm also super busy with work, but have been making myself feel better by having a nice shave each morning - all of the week's shaves have set me up for the day.
First part of the week I've been using a Tech loaded with a Treet. Brilliant from the tech, but generally 3 passes if I want to be BBS.
Not so with the Lupo (WS blade), 2 passes + trouble spot pick ups and BBS each time.
I get an extra day out of the Treet blades compared to the Wilkinson Sword.
My only issue now is that I'm losing my sense of smell and I can't pick up much of the scent of any after-shave products!
Hey ho, at least I'm just feeling like I have a bad case of the flu and am not on death's door like some who have it.
Stay safe folks.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20211112_083434__01.jpg
    IMG_20211112_083434__01.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211111_084913__01.jpg
    IMG_20211111_084913__01.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211110_081754__01.jpg
    IMG_20211110_081754__01.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211108_203626__01.jpg
    IMG_20211108_203626__01.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211108_202726__01.jpg
    IMG_20211108_202726__01.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211108_202546__01.jpg
    IMG_20211108_202546__01.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20211106_131627__01.jpg
    IMG_20211106_131627__01.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 5
Friday 12th November
Cadman Custom - Monsavon - Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
IKxREa9.jpg

After being away for work last week, looks like I've brought COVID back and infected the household so I'm well and truly in the dog house.
I'm also super busy with work, but have been making myself feel better by having a nice shave each morning - all of the week's shaves have set me up for the day.
First part of the week I've been using a Tech loaded with a Treet. Brilliant from the tech, but generally 3 passes if I want to be BBS.
Not so with the Lupo (WS blade), 2 passes + trouble spot pick ups and BBS each time.
My only issue now is that I'm losing my sense of smell and I can't pick up much of the scent of any after-shave products!
Hey ho, at least I'm just feeling like I have a bad case of the flu and am not on death's door like some who have it.
Stay safe folks.
Gary

I hope you all get well soon.

The last entry from the house of Satan for this week of SOTD's and complete with the theme, 'Fishy Friday'

20211111_174124.jpg

Large Haddock please - Tatara Nodachi
Oooo get you, Sea bass (as against to Bass which lives in a field?) - Dorco Prime
Birdseye fish fingers - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Piece of Cod - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Cod piece - Duine Fon Choill

It is a Friday, it is all about having Jack shit work today (week off) and all about fish and chips. Perhaps more so as I will be over in Yorkshire today where the fish is vastly superior to the junk Liverpool throws up. Usually followed by being thrown up.

Take away fish and we are left with shaving which is what this plaice is all about. Otherwise I would be writing on the chippie forum 'Badger Beaver and fish'

A wonderful turn out from the Krokos which I remain placing up there as a top soap and all easily lathered with the monster 30mm Cashmere by that wonderful man Steven Jagger.

A second shave using the new Nodachi except after the edgy shave with the supplied Feathers a change for a new found happy blade in the Dorco Prime. A much more comfortable shave and to be honest I rather like these Primes. A general all purpose blade with no edges (okay 2 of them) and no bad sides. After the last shave this was more like it. A few small weepers but more a case of what remained from the last shave

Big happy bunnyism and and a quality outing by the sink.

The razor itself will be taking a trip over to Yorkshire to live its life there and to add some real quality to the armoury that side of the country. The gear there is mounting slowly as I can't be having damn favouritism.

1636716017844.png

'A cock warmer love'

Being as I have one of their albums on its way to me you can have some more of those Puffyshoe girls to sing you out.

May you, your familes and friends have a great weekend and just remember something to take in to the weekend with you, I love you all

Stay safe folks.
Gary
Hope you have no adverse effects & your on the mend soon

12/11/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - ATT X1
Blade - Feather PB (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Signature soap Danum
Wk 45 (7 sub).JPG
As i took delivery of the X1 SE slant yesterday, it was up today for its maiden run.
OK then, on opening the box i thought what the hell is that, its one ugly looking razor, its real heavy with the weight to the head, think Hawk V3 without the looks. Anyway, looking at the head i noticed the blade locators on the cap are quite shallow and the recesses for them on the plate are open ended, yip, there is some play there with out the blade. When i fitted the blade i was mindful to keep the head and plate together while i tightened it up. It all looks good. I still think the tolerances on this should be tighter.
It is different which is a good thing, i do like quirky.
The whole head has been machined to slant the blade without any torsion, the blade gap is perfect along the SB and the head sits on the handle like any other head - A "T" Shaped razor with the blade held at an Angle.
I know the Feather PB can be a little harsh and it has been said the X1 can be aggressive, i did not get any of that. A good amount of blade feel but not overly so, it is easy to use, the weight and cumbersome look disappears right from the off, i found "my" angle right away, 2 passes WTG and ATG with a little touch up on the whirlpool's.
So, does it shave, Hell yeah! Now that is a nice close shave.
I did get a little indication from the splash, however, i normally do on a fresh Pro-Blade.
This razor will get its chance like any other and i am looking forward to get to know this ugly brute better.

Poppy smaller.jpg
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Stay safe folks.
Gary

I do so hope you get well soon. I don't think you should be in the dog house as this Covid is still out there as we all know.

Must be cramped though isolating in a kennel.

12/11/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - ATT X1
Blade - Feather PB (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
A/S - Signature soap Danum
View attachment 79936
As i took delivery of the X1 SE slant yesterday, it was up today for its maiden run.
OK then, on opening the box i thought what the hell is that, its one ugly looking razor, its real heavy with the weight to the head, think Hawk V3 without the looks. Anyway, looking at the head i noticed the blade locators on the cap are quite shallow and the recesses for them on the plate are open ended, yip, there is some play there with out the blade. When i fitted the blade i was mindful to keep the head and plate together while i tightened it up. It all looks good. I still think the tolerances on this should be tighter.
It is different which is a good thing, i do like quirky.
The whole head has been machined to slant the blade without any torsion, the blade gap is perfect along the SB and the head sits on the handle like any other head - A "T" Shaped razor with the blade held at an Angle.
I know the Feather PB can be a little harsh and it has been said the X1 can be aggressive, i did not get any of that. A good amount of blade feel but not overly so, it is easy to use, the weight and cumbersome look disappears right from the off, i found "my" angle right away, 2 passes WTG and ATG with a little touch up on the whirlpool's.
So, does it shave, Hell yeah! Now that is a nice close shave.
I did get a little indication from the splash, however, i normally do on a fresh Pro-Blade.
This razor will get its chance like any other and i am looking forward to get to know this ugly brute better.

View attachment 79935
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

I loaned one from Mr Emporium and found it to be a wonderful razor. The best ATT so far for me.

Sure you will come to love it.

Not as ugly as me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom