Saturday 6th November to Friday 12th of November of 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 11th November 2021.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Minty & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'oClock SP. (D4)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL./Wilko Fruits Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The body shop maca root cream is such an incredible great value for money shave cream...I have enough cream for one more shave then the tub will be empty.. This is the original tub i purchased which i have had well over 2.5 years but it's still perfectly ok to use it's slightly dis-coloured but hasn't had any adverse affect on the lather or to my skin... It's always provided me with a superb slick protective lather....People have a love/hate opinion on it's scent, which doesn't get top marks from me either, but it's residual slickness protection ,shaving performance, & post shave feel are absolutely superb.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko Fruits Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
20211111_071448.jpg
SOTD 11th Nov
Pre - PAA Cube
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Soap - P&B Sanskrit
Razor - Supply V2 3 dot Ultra Close plate
Blade - Schick Proline B20 #10
Post - Lea 0% lotion and B&M Roam balm
This shave has a theme "A shave of 2 halves"
Another beautiful lather whipped with brush and soap yet again. 3 days growth mown down with the smoothest 3 passes so far on this aggressive setting - beautiful. The stunning aroma of Sanskrit was still filling my nostrils when I opened the tub of B&M Roam balm and I must say "repelled" comes to mind. I'm a firefighter(Fireman in old money) and this scent simply reminds me of my firekit after a large rubbish or skip fire. Any sort of smoke smell that isn't food will always remind me of my smelly, dirty job - and this balm does just that. The pungency (is that a word?) wore off after application but my big hooter can detect the slightest whiff of smoke. Unfortunately, another B&M scent that turns me off - although the B&M Frankly My Pear soap is starting to grow on me. Not sure this balm will.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

I wish you all well this Armistice Day. There's a bit of a European flavour to my shave today, although not exactly planned. Sadly I don't really have a British razor (unless you assume my Ragg of dubious provenance is actually English) so this is not supposed to be WWI themed (I don't want people to wonder which side I'm on - the point is not to have sides!) It was basically an excuse to get the Cella out after too long at the back of the cabinet!

SotD 11.11.
Cella. If you like Bakewell tarts the almond is almost cherry like. It gives a lovely slick lather straight from brush to face. It's amazing for the price.

I applied Felice's finest with the Yaqi Moka Express, as its going with the Italian theme, the shape being based on the classic Bialetti Moka coffee pot. Love this brush even though I have Simpsons and PAA to choose from.

The razor is a Fritz Bracht Tennis from the 1940s, which I bought shave ready but touch up on diamond balsa 0.5, 0.25, 0.1 micron and smooth out on leather with black Dialux.

Finally a soothing and replenishing application of Bio Oil and a splash of traditional cologne, the Aqua de Colonia Concentrada from Alvarez Gómez.

Be well guys.

Attachments

• 20211111_091841.jpg
    20211111_091841.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 7
11/11/21 Poppy smaller.jpg

Pre - Shower
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 45  (6).JPG
The Blade was doing fine on its 4th outing, although it was more vocal during the shave, towards the end of the shave i could feel the tell tale prickle of a blade going off.
I cannot complain about the result, BBS and so comfortable from 3 passes, the blade has been banked.
This little razor has me thinking about what i really "want" from a razor? Go figure.

Today remembering,
My Grandfather James,
IMG_20181124_144336.jpg
My Uncle Douglas
2017-11-05 15.09.18.png
and my Uncle Les
Uncle Les.jpg

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sotd-11-11-21.png
This morning -

razor - Leaf Twig
blade - Nacet (2)
brush - Simpson Special best
soap - La Toja Sensitive
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tabacco
balm - L'Oreal Hydra
scent - Essence Vault 300 (Silver Mountain Water)

Great - one of those shaves that kind of looks after itself - all I had to do was turn up with a face. Pax - I.

Thursday SOTD

b9SZK4B.png

Karve CB Gladius OC level D / Polsilver Super Iridium
Vintage Ever Ready F-40 24mm Oumo Boar
B&M ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌& Aftershave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom