Saturday 28th November to Friday 4th December 2020.

Pre shave= warm shower then Proraso pre shave cream
Razor= Rockwell 6S R4
Blade= Nacet #4
Brush= Semogue HD badger
Soap= Proraso Red (Sandlewood)
AS = Proraso menthol and eucalyptus
Moisturiser = Keihls Facial Fuel
Insulated the loft space( topped it up the insulation) my self so wasnt bothered with looking socially acceptable and didnt shave either on Friday. This morning, days growth was mown down with ease. WTG/XTG/ATG leaving a top notch BBS finsh. Keep safe and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Next week I'll mostly be using Vectis by Signature Soaps.

Sunday ²⁹Nov, 20
View attachment 61600
*Pennellocarvallo - 'In the Deep' Stabilized dried prickly pear leaf
*Signature Soaps - Capra
*Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 (1962)/Northshore Razors Replate
*Gillette Platinum

Happy to see Brian's great soaps are now available at the shave Mecca, Pasteur's Pharmacy, well done!
Thanks Les

Sunday 28 November 2020 - midday shave - 50k cycle lots of mist and fog - last one for the month.
Excellent shave with cartridge razor - two days' growth, three passes, perfect -:)
Prep: Shower - Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Aldi Lacura
Blade: Aldi Lacura
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – Autograph ASBIMG_0431.jpg

Gillette Adjustable (G2 - 1961), Gillette Nacet Stainless, Alpha Shaving Outlaw 28mm Silvertip Badger, Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Gothic Revival Soap, Aftershave and Balm

201129-SOTD.jpg

29/11/20

Bowl - Pet Water Bowl
Brush - Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (13)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Pimento

Another beard tidy up shave, just shaving beneath my jaw and cheekbones. The longer I grow a beard, the more I am questioning the point of having it, but the longer I grow a beard the less interest I have in the clean up that will be required after parting with my beard.

So it stays.

For now.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

SOTD 29 November 2020 :)

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Kiehls Facial Fuel, and Elemis shave oil, with cold water splash.
Soap: Oxford Soap Co - Sandlewood.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Blackland Tradere.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (Aka Black Ninja's) (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash - Swiss Pitralon, Clairn's Blue Orchid face oil, and Professor Herb Mandarin, Basil and Lime Day Cream.

IMG_1770.jpg

Shaved late today, decided to try the Black Ninja's - I picked up a few tucks from the Gentleman's Groom Room, and wanted to try a 'sharper' blade in the Blackland Tradere.

Wow - what a shave - smooth, very comfortable, from start to finish, and post shave - sheer joy. Comparing today's shave with the Black Ninja's with the Lord Platinum's was night and day - the Ninja for me the knock out winner, as ever YMMV. 2 Passes WTG and XTG, BBS finish, with no issues to report.

I am beginning to wonder if the Blackland Tradere is best doubled up with blades on the sharper end of the spectrum.

All the best, stay safe, and sane, in these difficult days.

Chris

29/11/20

Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Soap: Signature Soaps Vectis
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Signature Soaps Hibernia
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20201129_185432.jpg

The Vectis scent gets even better once lathered. It's now my #1 Signature Soaps scent. Lather was excellent as always. Paired with the Rex, this shave was always going to be a good one.

I've said it before but the Signature Soaps aftershaves feel great and seem to be the only artisan splashes that don't feel like they're about to light my face up (or have already).

Back
Top Bottom