Saturday 28th November to Friday 4th December 2020.

SOTD
All American shave with Barrister & Mann, Carbon Razor and one of my own handles made with American Walnut.1st Christmas themed shave with Dickens which is a superb scent so warming and makes a fantastic lather easily whipped up with one of my own brushes and the Carbon with the ++ plate and a Nacet gave a dam fine shave gliding through 3 days growth on a 2 pass shave with and against the grain, no knicks no irritation just smooth. Finished of with Dickens splash...must get the balm now from Slickboys.

1607377203051.png

Tuesday 8th December
Alpha Outlaw - Reef Point Test Depth - GEM 3D SE by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #2 - Blue Stratos A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20201205-150151183-HDR-01.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Orange Vanilla
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

9/12/20

Brush - Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap - La Toja Stick
Razor - Yaqi Scalloped Head
Blade - Supermax BD Platinum (16)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum

First time using the La Toja stick and I palm lathered a bit to see if I had allergy to it and it seemed fine but putting it to neck (only shaving beneath the jaw) and even around half the area of skin I shaved doesn't feel great. I'm not sure if it is an allergy to it or if it is down to the soap containing mineral salts, but I didn't have any reaction with it when I palm lathered. It's a great lather though, smells fantastic. I will give it another go to see if I have a bit more success with the next time.

Back
Top Bottom