Saturday 28th November to Friday 4th December 2020.

SOTD : 28th November 2020.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : The Body Shop ~Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.

Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (1)

Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Pashana ASL./Baylis & Harding ~ Sandalwood & Amber ASB./Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

Carrying on with the Katana SE razor/Euromax Platinum half blade duo for another week after the comfortable shaves that i had last week.

I haven't used the Rainbow Brown synthetic (Faux Horse) for a while it works wonderfully with either soap or cream 'as do all my yaqi synthetics', whipping up a lather in no time... I now have three yaqi synthetic brushes and each one has it's own character, the Rainbow Brown synthetic (Faux Horse) was a christmas present from my siblings last year bought purely because they liked the rainbow handle.

On first appearance i thought it was too big? and was going to be a lather monster? both of which was the complete opposite to my doubting thoughts. The brush holds the lather wonderfully and has a lovely 'face feel' very like my natural horsehair brushes and isn't awkward or feels too big to use for me after a few shaves it quickly became be a firm favourite in my brush rotation...It doesn't just look good, overall it's a fantastic brush...A superb addition to my humble synthetic shaving brush collection.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling like a real ladies man. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt201128ijjtr.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Vespers
- Paladin "Sumo" Select Badger
- MÜHLE Kosmo with Feather blade
- Proraso blue aftershave balm

:D

Sat 28 SOTD with new FOCS & AS!
Soap
The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Fatip OC Slant 1st Use
Blade Pro 500 Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers + Hyaluronic
The Goodfellas Smile Abysso AS
Wonderful soap...the lather was so slick I drop the brush...hahaha. Really nice scent too.
1st use of the FOCS with the blade was good. Razor & blade doesn't seem to have alignment issues. It was smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes without any issues. I can feel the blade was clamped tightly without any possibilities of chattering. This is the type of razors that can be on auto-cruise. Really easy to use. The handle is abit slippery. Finish on the razor not the best. However, it was an enjoyable good shave with mostly bbs to dfs result. Post & aftershaves was awesome. The matching AS was great!!
Rating 10/10!!
20201128_115255.jpg

Saturday, 28 November 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2, 1.5)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup and a nice way to start the weekend—have a good one, folks.

28/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Straight Shave Saturday
Pre: Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Soap: Vitos Extra super
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 49 (1) Sat.JPG
I decided to break out the very generous sample of Vitos Extra Super which was kindly gifted to me by @Electrif, its a terrific, simple soap which produces a wonderful lather very easily, today face lathered for a lovely cushioned slick covering. I will keep this in the bathroom this week alongside the Tabac and MWF.
I find this Kropp has a wonderful edge on it making my 2 pass shave easy and smooth leaving me with a DFS+ finish.

@tbaac i am about 5months into this straight journey (although i did shave for a good few months with str8's a while back). Things are starting to click and my confidence is much better. I mainly complete a WTG pass, then a second pass WTG/XTG mix on the cheeks and ATG on the neck. I also found the chin area a bit difficult to start with but i manage fine now.
Don't rush or chase a BBS shave, take your time and enjoy the learning curve, better shaves will come, there is no shame in completing 1 pass with your straight and finishing with a DE/SE razor until you are more comfortable and happier with your technique.
Stick with it and good luck.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Saturday 28th November
Cadman Custom - Monsavon - Triceratops 3D by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #2 - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
BtOBT7Y.jpg

This second shave confirms the Triceratops as an amazing shaving tool. It has great audio feedback. The comb channels the lather away really well, plus it rinses so easily.
The Monsavon again shows its true colours as a marvelous piece of software.
3 wonderful passes giving a lovely close finish.

IMG_0361.JPG

Alpha Revolver + AP Cashmere
Mike's Sweet Pumpkin Spice
ATT H1
Gillette Platinum
A&E Serum

Big thanks to Chris @Shaverrific666 for the ATT, I've traditionally preferred mild DE's but having enjoyed the more aggressive Blackbird recently decided to give the ATT H plates a whirl. Blade exposure is quite impressive, much more than the BB, blade gap looks about the same, largest difference is the cutting edge has less positive exposure on the ATT. In use I would say they are equally efficient with the ATT being significantly smoother with less blade feel (due to less positive exposure) making for IMO a more comfortable shave with smaller tendency to bite(it feels more civilised than the BB.) This is only the case WTG & XTG, when going against the grain the sheer exposure of the blade causes flex and chatter which is not particularly enjoyable, thankfully due to it's efficiency an ATG pass is NOT required... I just did it to test.

48 hours stubble utterly annihilated.

Back
Top Bottom