Saturday 26th December to Friday 01th January 2021

31/12/20

Razor - Yaqi Cobbed
Blade - Zorrik Talvar (2)
Brush - Yaqi Tuxedo
Soap - Lea Menthol
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

Last shave of the the month, well that was a strange year.

Even though I've grown a beard, I still have the occasional neck shave but it'd been over a week or so since my last one, and my neck was pretty itchy as is my face a lot of the time. I've had little motivation to shave off my beard though as it's quite commitment to clear the bath room after hacking it off, so it will be on my face for a while longer I imagine.

Anyway chaps, I hope you all have a great New Year's Eve, however subdued the occasion may be.

31/12/20
Pre: Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: Rex Ambassador #3
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme (6)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci Shave Balm
Aftershave: JPG Le Male

Wk 53 6. O Thurs.JPG
The Final shave of 2020 and very nice it was too.
Today i bowl lathered the Signature soap, adding a few water drops at a time and it just exploded, i had enough creamy, slick goodness for at least 4 passes.
I completed 3 passes for an easy BBS finish, the Blade has been retired, albeit still delivering nice comfortable shaves, yesterdays hiccup could have been down to my poor lather and i do not want to chance a nick.
I find the re growth with this blade "softer" if that's possible, the stubble does not seem as sharp/raspy to the touch?
Anyway, Happy New Year All,
Stay Safe and enjoy your evening.

31 December

Martin de Candre Original
MÜHLE XL Classic
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique postshave soother
YSL Y

DA952B62-F706-4B3B-BAE2-0D2B50D10C67.jpeg

The last shave of the year was a classic. The MÜHLE XL (25mm) brush created a wonderful lather with the Martin de Candre soap, and the Feather razor, with a blade on its fifth shave, removed two days of growth in two easy passes.

20201231_144830.jpg

My shave today consisted of,

Mountain 100% pure badger brush.
Proraso preshave balm.
Generic shave mug.
R89 Twist.
White boxed Winner blades @donnie_arko
Ariana & Evans Barbiere Sofisticato Shaving Soap & Aftershave.
I had a nice hot shower first and then proceeded with my shave that takes approximately 50 mins lol.
The Winner blade was a real pleasure to use, there was no soreness, no tugging whatsoever and felt real smooth as it glided across my face.
The new shaving soap smelt divine but on the face the cream felt dry and had a buttery feel to the skin, don't be fooled though as it allowed my razor to glide around effortlessly.
The aftershave finished things off nicely and I left the bathroom looking and feeling a million dollars.
Roll on tonight's quiet yet still awesome new years celebrations.
Stay safe out there and Happy New Year. :cool: (y)
Mark.

Sotd-31-12-20.jpg

Hogmanay (spell checker has fit)

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso - R plate
blade - Med Prep (2)
soap - D.R Harris - Arlington
brush - Simpson Trafalgar
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Limon
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
scent - Dior Sauvage edp.

Todo bueno. When it comes - have a very happy new year - keep staying safe and shaving properly. My very best regards to you and yours - I.

View attachment 62668

Hogmanay (spell checker has fit)

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso - R plate
blade - Med Prep (2)
soap - D.R Harris - Arlington
brush - Simpson Trafalgar
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Limon
balm - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
scent - Dior Sauvage edp.

Todo bueno. When it comes - have a very happy new year - keep staying safe and shaving properly. My very best regards to you and yours - I.
Seeing you end the year by using some of your Emporium bargains pleases me.

Happy New Year all and Hogmanay to our Scottish brethren.

Back
Top Bottom