Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Kai Captain (4)
Brush: Proraso Boar
Soap: C&E Moroccan Myrrh
Pre: Proraso Wood & Spice
ASL: Floïd Suave
ASB: Floïd

fotor_1609271796513.jpg

The eagle eyed among you will notice that the brush in the picture is not a Proraso Omega Boar. That is infact the badger brush I sold today. I was going to use it but then decided it needed a new home. I liked the picture and didn't want to take another one.

I really enjoyed this brush and cream combination.

This evening's shave was brought to you with the theme 'in praise of the Wool'

IMG_20201230_211136.jpg

Sheep dip - Stainless Mongoose
Sheepish - Feather Super Professional
Wool brush - wee whisky barrel
Don't pull the wool - MWF
No sheep till Buxton? - The Macc Lads

That Marmite of shaving soaps, MWF. Impossible to lather? No glide? Disappears quicker than it goes on? All falasy. A little blooming, a relatively dry brush, a bowl and I couldn't stop the lathering. Mountains of thick creamy lather with minimum effort. Apply to face and further lathering and all I could conclude was, bloody excellent.

The shave made great justification of the MWF and one of the finest shaves for a long time. Excellent polished results

And an equally as polished bunch of ladies to round off the evening

This evening's shave was brought to you with the theme 'in praise of the Wool'

View attachment 62646

Sheep dip - Stainless Mongoose
Sheepish - Feather Super Professional
Wool brush - wee whisky barrel
Don't pull the wool - MWF
No sheep till Buxton? - The Macc Lads

That Marmite of shaving soaps, MWF. Impossible to lather? No glide? Disappears quicker than it goes on? All falasy. A little blooming, a relatively dry brush, a bowl and I couldn't stop the lathering. Mountains of thick creamy lather with minimum effort. Apply to face and further lathering and all I could conclude was, bloody excellent.

The shave made great justification of the MWF and one of the finest shaves for a long time. Excellent polished results

And an equally as polished bunch of ladies to round off the evening

Ooft - Aldious - you never fail us mate. That rocks - settle down Beavis - Metallica in drag - no, let's not go there. Spinal Tap in ball gowns. I would have to say - I don't think the bass player suits pistachio. Other than that - faultless. :cool:. I.

Last edited:

View attachment 62631

MdC Nature Shaving Soap
MÜHLE Edition 3 Bog Oak STF Brush
Carbon Shaving Co Ti Two-Tone .68 Base Plate
Timor DE Blade #1

A nice and clean shave

Enjoy the day Gents!
Have always wanted the natural mdc I've tried original, fougere and agrumes but found the essential oils to be so strong they are too strong for my skin does the natural have an scent at all do you smell the soap base or is it completely unscented ?

Thu 31st Last SOTD 2020 with New Razor & Brush
Soap Coconut Lime -Testing Soap from a local vendor
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink - Newly Acquired
Razor Pearl Flexi Adjustable - Newly Acquired (Kindly PiF by Vendor)
Blade Derby Usta 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash and Balm
Testing some soap samples from a local vendor. There are 5 scents and today tried this coconut lime. Performance-wise was quite good. Thickly creamy and slick lather with some cooling sensation. The scent is mostly coconut...at strength 4 out of 10. No lime sadly. Nice soap. Another great brush too!
Received this razor famous now for the uneven gap and slanted head. I found it's every bit as true but the slanted head can be quickly fixed (albeit temporarily) while both sides blade exposure not the same I can't fix. I set it at 2.5 and paired it with the blade...ohh man...had one of my best shaves for the past weeks. Despite the blade exposure and knowingly using both sides, I had an excellent mostly bbs to dfs result after 3passes without any issues. Wow! Really surprising! The razor is really hefty, solid, and with a good grippy handle. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating today 9.8/10!
20201231_102607.jpg
20201231_105731.jpg

SOTD : 31st December 2020.

20.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather : Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (4)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Pashana ASL./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(new years eve shave)

Last shave of 2020.

Another wonderful effortless 3 pass +pickups close comfortable /BBS shave from the Yaqi Katana to finish my last shave of 2020 in style.

This year alone my traditional wet shaving hobby has provided me with much needed relaxation enjoyment, and has kept me focused throughout the covid-19 madness...Let's hope 2021 will bring back a feeling of normality stability, hope & peace of mind.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Keep safe, and have a peaceful the new year's eve ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD : 31st December 2020.

View attachment 62654

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather : Hampshire Wool Fat Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (4)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Pashana ASL./L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(new years eve shave)

Last shave of 2020.

Another wonderful effortless 3 pass +pickups close comfortable /BBS shave from the Yaqi Katana to finish my last shave of 2020 in style.

This year alone my traditional wet shaving hobby has provided me with much needed relaxation enjoyment, and has kept me focused throughout the covid-19 madness...Let's hope 2021 will bring back a feeling of normality stability, hope & peace of mind.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL ~ Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)

Keep safe, and have a peaceful the new year's eve ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Have a 'love' for your past year of wonderful shaving recipes.

Have always wanted the natural mdc I've tried original, fougere and agrumes but found the essential oils to be so strong they are too strong for my skin does the natural have an scent at all do you smell the soap base or is it completely unscented ?
To my nose it have a very faint scent from the base, which i best can describe as "clean soap".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom