Saturday 26th December to Friday 01th January 2021

A very Christmas aroma shave themed 'Wedgie!'

IMG_20201229_182844.jpg

On 1st May 1759 the British entreneur Josiah Wedgwood founded his now famous company in his quest to manufacture small porcelain containers for shaving soaps. It wasn't until 1859 that they changed the company name to 'Josiah Wedgwood and sons Ltd'. By which time I thought he might have been dead or if miraculously alive totally incapable of fathering children. He also invented Wedging. Much to the dismay and discomfort of his sons.

Y fronts - Razorock Hawk V3
Trunks - Feather Super Professional
Hipsters - Razorock 400
Briefs - Boellis Panama
Budgie smugglers - Floris Santal

Today was that day to break out the Christmas cake sized brick of Boellis Panama and somehow contain it something more manageable than a cardboard box. God bless Wedgwood trinket boxes. A bit of a squash, but suffice if not a little extravagent. The remainder went in a small cheap tin with a lid for @Rob998 because it is all he is worth. And better than the used Wilkinson Sword container I had in mind. I am not that bloody cheap.

More important shave with the bloody stuff. More marzipan scent than marzipan and like an upmarket Cella. I will say though the lather is real first class. A creamy silky texture which performs superbly. Glide, residual glide and the whole after shave feeling. But.... I am not so sure about the scent. Not only is it not that dissimilar to a small block of Xmas cake you end up smelling like one. The Santal managed to straightened that side out adding a bit more of an acceptable edge to it all. Overall though a wonderful shave and the Boellis did a most fantastic job of being soapy.
No, no, I didn't trump

Be well everyone and remember to keep your underpants within the confines of your trousers.

Ah well. It is time for the only bit of this SOTD worthy of any attention. It is the Japanese girly moment with Hagane

A very Christmas aroma shave themed 'Wedgie!'

View attachment 62605

On 1st May 1759 the British entreneur Josiah Wedgwood founded his now famous company in his quest to manufacture small porcelain containers for shaving soaps. It wasn't until 1859 that they changed the company name to 'Josiah Wedgwood and sons Ltd'.

sniiiiiip...

Satanfriendly said:
Boellis Panama

Today was that day to break out the Christmas cake sized brick of Boellis Panama and somehow contain it something more manageable than a cardboard box. God bless Wedgwood trinket boxes. A bit of a squash, but suffice if not a little extravagent. The remainder went in a small cheap tin with a lid for @Rob998 because it is all he is worth.

Poshest Semtex container ever...:love:

Thanks for today Chris, appreciated it more than I can say.

Wed 30th On the Road SOTD
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 3rd
Aftershaves Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Excellent lather from the cream! Very pleasant scent, creamy, and very slick!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues again for a bbs to dfs result. A really good blade this. Good aftershaves. Rating 9.7/10
20201230_072120.jpg

IMG_20201229_171927__01.jpg
Good morning people
This time decided to give a bit of extra time and effort and the result didn't disappoint.
Have a great day, have a great shave

Wash face: L'Oreal BarberClub Cedarwood
Preshave: Prorasso Aloe+ Vitamin E
SS: Cyril R. Satler Rose cream
ASL: Blue Stratos
ASB L'Oreal BarbeClub Balm
Edt: Wood de Amber London
Brush: Yaqi synthetic 24mm
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gilette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack

30/12/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Syn
Soap: Williams Mug Shaving soap
Razor: Rex Ambassador Adjustable #2.5, #3
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme (5)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva Formula 1
Wk 53 5.  O Wed.JPG
Not a great lather today and had to reload for the second Pass, the Blade is feeling as if its going off, although it still seems to be giving good results, therefore, it will get another run out tomorrow. Most of the shaves with this blade have been 2 pass shaves and have given close comfortable finishes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Soap A&E cannabliss santal
Aftershave splash nivea 2 phase
Balm king of shaves soothing aftershave
Blade feather
Razor ASD2
Brush Simpson marchurian chubby 2 in sapphire

My first time using an A&E soap what a wonderful soap base the shave was beautiful and the soap felt like silk on the skin. The scent did open up more when lathered up and did have a very close note to cannabis, it is a nice strong scent that projects well after the shave but still all I get from the scent off the puck is pure rhubarb. This soap has certainly not disappointed and Im really glad I've ordered the Monte Carlo can't wait to try it ! Now I will have my eye out for a nice PPA might have to try the doppelgänger black to compare.

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Nothing much on TV tonight.
bitterest-pill-pb_06030719.jpg

Wednesday 30th December
Alpha Outlaw - Hampshire Wool Fat - GEM SE Adjustable by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC#1 on 'A' plate - Brut Original A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20201219-160015753-HDR-01.jpg

Another 3D offering from Roger Quintero's stable of printable razors. My first shave was with the mild 'A' plate and using the Hampshire Wool Fat.
Firstly, the HWF is a revelation in lather, scent and superb slickness.
Secondly, the adjustable with a new GEM blade gave a really mild, smooth and efficient result. I'm now looking forward to see how the aggressive 'C' plate performs in a couple of days time.

The post shave of the HWF is excellent. I'm truly lanolin'd & efficiently Shaun.
Shaun.jpg

Cheers all, see you in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom