Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Signature Soap Hibernian
Razor: Rex Ambassador Adjustable
Blade: NOS Permasharp Supreme (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 53 4. O Tues.JPG
Very nice, a lovely citrusy, slick lather from the Signature soap & the blade still going strong.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

LPL ‘Rose de Pushkar'
Envy Shave 8 ball
ATT M1 Kronos handle
Gillette Nacet #3
Amouage Lyric Man EDP

Rose themed shave of head then face as I'm off to have a passport photo taken to renew it as I only have less than five months left on my current one, missed out on the old blue ones but will get one this time! The LPL soap is six years old but still has it's rose scent and performs ok but has become granular in the tin.

SOTD, Tuesday 29 December 2020

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, and cold water splash.
Soap: Arko.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Above the Tie - Calypso R1.
Blade: Gillette Platinum (New) (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash - Swiss Pitralon, Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Moisture.

29-12-20 (3).jpg

2 days stubble, gone in 2 very comfortable and efficient passes - minor nick on the jawline - gone after the cold water splash - a DFS+ finish.

Arko is a great soap - protective and for me lathers up well, every time - Cella used to be my go to soap i.e. break glass in case of emergency i.e. a soap that will lather and shave well in any conditions - for the moment Arko has taken Cella's title.

Went for a socially distanced walk with a friend after the shave, no redness or dryness on the skin, despite the sub-zerp temp and the brisk SW wind off of the river Tay, reinforced what a good shave this was.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD, Tuesday 29 December 2020

Pre-shave:
Hot shower, Kiehl's Facial Wash, and cold water splash.
Soap: Arko.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Above the Tie - Calypso R1.
Blade: Gillette Platinum (New) (Day 1).
Post: Cold water splash - Swiss Pitralon, Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Moisture.

View attachment 62598

2 days stubble, gone in 2 very comfortable and efficient passes - minor nick on the jawline - gone after the cold water splash - a DFS+ finish.

Arko is a great soap - protective and for me lathers up well, every time - Cella used to be my go to soap i.e. break glass in case of emergency i.e. a soap that will lather and shave well in any conditions - for the moment Arko has taken Cella's title.

Went for a socially distanced walk with a friend after the shave, no redness or dryness on the skin, despite the sub-zerp temp and the brisk SW wind off of the river Tay, reinforced what a good shave this was.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

All the best,

Chris
I love the smell of Arko but it is not the wife's favourite, I just wished it had a stronger smell or they made an aftershave to go with it.

Tuesday 29

Le Père Lucien Cèdre et Patchouli
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready ‘Streamline'
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Flöid Black

For Mike @mpf9ret

The fourth lathering with LPL produced better results today; more product on a damp brush, as I intimated recently. Plenty lather for the ‘Streamline'. The only downside was that the blade had seen better days and was a bit tuggy; so not as smooth as I usually get with this artillery. Still damn good, though.
3910EFED-93ED-4305-8302-EB851E643C32.jpeg

Tuesday 29th December

ACtC-3exuHPu8i35wG6IwAZ4ARpZIkkClF7Zh7vUWJgQ0DgcotrndL5YUO46vWDgtuFQEHd0ZDjncLGocWPmw-uhYRwPGJ_Ao1lIB9Yh-SfrtyubIaOWQmyAY46e-cmJv-bs5-_XMkPm04hzPOIPdTa_vH9-dw=w1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Ice Cool Face Wash
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 English Rose & hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 25mm
Single pass (2 day) shave with Merkur 37C & Silver Star Super Stainless (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, skipped the alum again ... and Rose of Bulgaria​

Sharp and smooth ... very suited to the slant razor and a single pass delivered a very close shave indeed! Another shave I skipped the alum since there is no need; the shave was smooth as glass. I am VERY impressed with the Silver Star blade - it beggars belief that it's "just" stainless.

I'm starting to like this 37C. I know, I know ... I have a post in BST asking for swaps, but with an older one as it is reputed that post-2016 they're a very mild razor now and that's something to which I can attest. I think actually, the sweet spot is perhaps a little tighter than the older ones as the shave itself was very close. Somewhat difficult, however, as the blade was so damn smooth!

Tuesday 29th December

ACtC-3exuHPu8i35wG6IwAZ4ARpZIkkClF7Zh7vUWJgQ0DgcotrndL5YUO46vWDgtuFQEHd0ZDjncLGocWPmw-uhYRwPGJ_Ao1lIB9Yh-SfrtyubIaOWQmyAY46e-cmJv-bs5-_XMkPm04hzPOIPdTa_vH9-dw=w1200

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Ice Cool Face Wash
Lather up with Wickham's 1912 English Rose & hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 25mm
Single pass (2 day) shave with Merkur 37C & Silver Star Super Stainless (2)
Hot rinse, cold rinse, skipped the alum again ... and Rose of Bulgaria​

Sharp and smooth ... very suited to the slant razor and a single pass delivered a very close shave indeed! Another shave I skipped the alum since there is no need; the shave was smooth as glass. I am VERY impressed with the Silver Star blade - it beggars belief that it's "just" stainless.

I'm starting to like this 37C. I know, I know ... I have a post in BST asking for swaps, but with an older one as it is reputed that post-2016 they're a very mild razor now and that's something to which I can attest. I think actually, the sweet spot is perhaps a little tighter than the older ones as the shave itself was very close. Somewhat difficult, however, as the blade was so damn smooth!
I like my 37C very much. Hefty and pretty damned efficient.

Always a mixed bag from me,
this was a chilled out no rush, no stress, with a bit of AC/DC Back In Black Album playing in the background.
Started with L'oréal exfoliating face wash
Pre = Executive Shaving Pre Shave,
Razor = Feather ASD2,
Brush = Yaqi Dice 26mm Tuxedo
Blade = Gillette Nacet 3rd Use,
Soap = A & E Keizen,
Splash = Nivea 2 phase,
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy.

C8FCC092-BCC7-4080-9E8B-74DFB4D71E91.jpeg

I love the smell of Arko but it is not the wife's favourite, I just wished it had a stronger smell or they made an aftershave to go with it.

Must admit I was not a big fan of the scent; but it has grown on me - I don't mind it now.

SWMBO and I were very lucky - we got 2 weeks holiday in Turkey in September; it was not until about 5 days into the holiday until I found some Arko soap, that said there was plenty of 'canned' Arko.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom