Saturday 26th December to Friday 01th January 2021

Gotta be honest I love the tobs jermyn street scent and have never tried the balm but the shave cream gives me a stinging sensation and to say it's supposed to be for sensitive skin have heard quite a few getting reactions. It was my first tobs cream and I've avoided them ever since, real shame as the scent is amazing
Hi, I've just shaved with the Jermyn Street cream and balm, I don't get any stinging with the cream but I can feel the balm, probably because it was a very close three passes!

Yesterday evening's shave (too drink influenced to post last night) with the theme 'Look sharp'

IMG_20201228_073432.jpg

Sharp knife - Stainless Colonial V2
Sharper than the blade - Feather Super Professional
Sharp object - Razorock 400
Sharp dressed man - Tropic Look Sharp
Baby Shark - Profumo De Firenze (Ran out of songs with 'Sharp' in the title by this point. Because I am rubbish)

Mrs Satanfriendly swears by Tropical skin products when not swearing at me. For good reasons of course. 37 years down the line I guess she has some form of prerogative to do so. As a consequence I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of their products designated for men. Probably the same as the women's line with the word 'For Men' printed on the packaging instead, which will also go some way to explaining why I have a 'Clearblue Pregnancy testing kit for men'.

I digress.......as I always do

So out comes the Razorock 400 brush which doesn't see enough light of the day and deserving of a run out. Squeeze a bit of Tropic Look Sharp in to a bowl, add water and swirl away. Fuck all happening. More water, more swirling and that man Jack Shit comes to mind. Read the tube just in case I have being trying to lather up a bowl of moisturising cream and voila, my answer. It is indeed a shaving medium, but it happens to be one of those brushless creams. I haven't seen one of these since a jar of 'Rituals' which once passed me by. To keep Mrs Happy happy I thought may as well give it a try. Quite oily by nature I see this as being rather like shaving with a pre-oil only; which does work if in a rush. Brush back in cupboard for the next time.

Look sharp? Well I am staring at the working end of a bloody sharp piece of stainless here so that box is well ticked. Meet face and amazingly everything went superbly with two passes and a clean up. Happy bunnyism. Cold water, Witch Hazel, a massage with the Tropic moisturiser and altogether one smashing smooth shave with very acceptable end results. Just a few mishaps along the way

have a lovely week ahead you wonderful people who frequent this quiet corner of the internet with the aim of being the best shaven folk on the planet. And yes you are

Did I say I love you? Well I do and as a big thank you I would like to gift you some Japanese musical ladies. And wonderful ones at that. No cheap rubbish in this place

Monday AM 2020-12-28
National Card Playing Day
mWUwwIL.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/54)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson London Bridge (18)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
wRYZsSS.jpg

Monday 28

MdC Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon SS
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

Back to unctuous lather land again, after LPL. MdC... is this the Rolls Rolls of the ‘high end' soaps? Some say yay, others nay. Subjective, isn't it?

It is bloody good stuff, granted. But then it faces fierce competition in my collection from our artisan friends; @BrianH , @James Riley , and @phoenixandbeau. Anyhoo...muchos latheros and a fine post-shave feel. Plenty protection for the R41, now transformed into a tour-de-force of ‘don't f*ck with me' efficiency thanks to the steel handle.

C30DEE7B-88BA-47D7-A123-3D89076349F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom