Saturday 26th December to Friday 01th January 2021

20201227_124257.jpg

3 new things in my routine today, the Proraso pre-shave, the 7 o'clock black and the P&B Empress Rising, so it could have gone horribly wrong, but I need not have worried, it all went swimmingly.

I had a choice of 2 new soaps, courtesy of the Fruits of Loin, the other being Signature Danum, so I flipped a coin and it came down in favour of the P&B.

No more blooming water pre-shave for me, the Proraso was great, and the scent certainly woke me up! The P&B lathered up a treat and the heavy, dark scent lasted well for all 3 passes, and the 7 o'clock Black was just sublime. I am pleased to report a BBS with hardly a murmur from the A/S splash.

A lovely post Christmas shave, finished off with a spritz of C&S 88.

27th December..

Cream - Simpsons peppermint & rosemary
Brush - Simpson - The Colonel
Razor - RazoRock BBS-SS
Blade - Personna Platinum
Balm - Castle Forbes Lavender

Back to cream & normal service is resumed, an easy & incredibly close shave. I can't tell any difference in closeness or comfort between the Personnas & 7 O'clock yellows, both excellent.

X1000199a.jpg

It was -2 this morning on the golf course so thought I'd warm myself through with a cold water shave.....

RazoRock Game Changer 0.84 ; NOS (Czech) Gillette Red Stainless ; Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum ; Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic ; Korres Marigold & Ginseng Aftershave Balm

201227-SOTD.jpg

View attachment 62523

3 new things in my routine today, the Proraso pre-shave, the 7 o'clock black and the P&B Empress Rising, so it could have gone horribly wrong, but I need not have worried, it all went swimmingly.

I had a choice of 2 new soaps, courtesy of the Fruits of Loin, the other being Signature Danum, so I flipped a coin and it came down in favour of the P&B.

No more blooming water pre-shave for me, the Proraso was great, and the scent certainly woke me up! The P&B lathered up a treat and the heavy, dark scent lasted well for all 3 passes, and the 7 o'clock Black was just sublime. I am pleased to report a BBS with hardly a murmur from the A/S splash.

A lovely post Christmas shave, finished off with a spritz of C&S 88.
I should have enclosed a double headed coin!

Sunday

LPL Cèdre et Patchouli
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Gillette No.88 Set (1934)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Santa Maria Del Fiore

I'm of the opinion that LPL soaps (based on my experience of one and three shaves with it; together with Iain @Digimonkey ‘s observations) aren't going to be voluminous lather providers. The key thus far, is a damp synth brush devoid of all residual water; completely squidged out. This gives me a nice creamy lather for the first pass, slightly less for the second and a slick film for the third.

So, I don't think it's going to be up there with other ‘high end' offerings such as MdC and/or SMV. But, that being said, it is a keeper.

B76054AF-0EA0-4C68-BD1B-77D0337BBA6E.jpeg

Sun 27th December

Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 7 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Will be using one Razor for a few days rather than changing it Daily, as due to incapacity of my wife with a broken knee I have to do household chores. I really am beginning to enjoy using the Enoch as I really seem to have finally mastered its use.

252EFD5B-846D-4BE0-8A09-FD7622F637AF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom