Saturday 26th December to Friday 01th January 2021

Boxing day shave..

Soap - L'Occitane
Brush - Simpson Colonel
Razor - RazoRock BBS-SS
Blade - Personna Platinum
Balm - TOBS Jermyn Street

This was the first time I've ever used soap, it's always been cream for me. Other than having waaaaay too much lather(!) it went well, with an extremely comfortable & close shave. That was until I put balm on, when I got some stinging which I never usually get. It was also the first time I've tried this razor/blade combo, so I'll go back to cream tomorrow to see if it was the soap. Probably my skin getting used to it.

XT030216a.jpg

Boxing Day

LPL Cèdre et Patchouli
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gem MMOC
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
BBA balm

Will need to work on the lather technique for this soap. Too much water today (as opposed to too little a couple of days ago). A finicky one, methinks. But, again, no faults with its performance. So, yet to find that ‘three bowls of porridge' result...still, I like a challenge; and it is only the soap's second outing...

99276878-5129-4610-87E9-42A036BF4F95.jpeg

Boxing Day 2020

Simpson 'The Colonel' - MdC Vetyver - Katana/Treet Classic (Carbon) - Guerlian Vetiver

A different Boxing Day today. As my wife is a horse lover we normally see the local hunt leave for a ride out followed by a few glasses of hot mulled cider....but lockdown has prevented that for 2020.
The Katana has been my hardware discovery of the year. Today I had 3 passes for a wonderful 'Face Feeling' result :)

Sat 26th December

Muhle Silvertip A-21mm
Monsavon au Lait
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Somehow without any thought I seem to have adapted my shaving technique to suit the Enoch. Today I had a second really relaxed Shave with it, not only that but the finish attained was excellent too.

E4BDFAFC-7BFF-4BA4-B93A-52A37CAE5A2C.jpeg

All Green Today even although my team in Green got beat today 0-1 1st defeat in 9 games so not so bad.
Preshave = Fitjar Islands Charcoal Bar.
Razor = Ikom B1 Oss with Bulldog Handle.
Blade = Gillette 7oclock Super Stainless ( Green )
Brush = Alpha Rubber Set 400 Travel
Cream = Castle Forbes Lime
Balm = Castle Forbes Lime.
Aftershave = Ralph Lauren Polo which is quite possibly my favourite & been wearing it over 20 years.
Decided on a cream today, i know they can possibly go off a bit so think i need to start using it up.
This cream is by far the best iv ever smelt, the scent of lime is terrific and i genuinely haven't had a scent so strong even post shave.
As for the Razor man it's class C5B56561-DE52-44FE-AF13-886863BD8076.jpeg

26 December Boxing Day

P&B Borealis
Razorock 400 Noir
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

A7346FC4-7574-45A7-88EF-EB5894B2E15B.jpeg

A really excellent lunchtime shave today. Two passes to smooth. I think the Feather blade can be a little harsh on the first shave, but from the second shave onward it is brilliant in this razor. The Razorock brush on the other hand is simply brilliant, always.

Saturday AM 2020-12-26
National Whiners Day
OdtkCeG.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Wilkinson London Bridge (16)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)
21LWWD1.jpg

Sat 26th SOTD
Soap Cella
BrushYaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor Gillette Rocket HD Monobloc
Blade Sword Viking's Sword 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Old Spice Original
Lather from the soap was thick creamy slick with a mild scent.
Wanted a mild shave and this razor paired with the blade gives exactly that. Auto cruising smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a surprisingly efficient result of mostly bbs to dfs. Very enjoyable. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.7/10
View attachment 62459

Very pleasing arrangement here. Nice!

Sotd-26-12-20.jpg

Yesterday -

prep - facial scrub
razor - ATT Calypso - R plate
blade - Med Prep (1)
brush - Chub 1 - best
soap - Proraso Sandalo
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid mentally vigorous
balm - Floid
scent - Sauvage edp.

Thinking about it - the Calypso was the razor I used more than any other this year - with the M plate - mild? - effortlessly good - a cracking shave - with little to no danger that you are going to hurt yourself - unless - I guess - you poked the handle in your eye - which - thankfully, I managed to avoid doing. Well done me. I was delighted to be gifted the R plate by a fellow member - R - regular? He had bought one for himself and ATT sent him two in error - great, their loss my gain. First use - and - in my opinion, it made a great razor even better. Still completely smooth and safe - but a step up in efficiency. Very good indeed. It is my new favourite thing. Coming to you in sotd posts - a lot - in the near future. I hope you are all safe and well - and enjoying shaving properly. It saves us money - apparently. Yours - I.

@Ferry-shave - thank you C. I am humbled by your generosity.

@patw - I notice from your avatar thingy - you are now from Gourock? Does that make you, officially - all away tae one side? :) Good luck with that phrase if you aren't from the west of Scotland. Answers on a postcard please. I'll wave to you - when I am next in Kilcreggan - ah no - we can't leave the bastarding house again for the foreseeable. This is getting tedious.

Back
Top Bottom