Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

23 November

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Razorock Bruce
Mühle R106
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

6D6FFA23-83CE-45CD-8876-693D3357FEAF.jpeg

Oh dear. That was a wonderful, close and comfortable shave, and the standard that my other razors will need to achieve, if they are to stay. It is going to be a high bar to reach and the Game Changer is the first failure.

Tuesday November 23, 2021
Razor: Bumpless Micromatic
Blade: Gem
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Soap: Test Soap
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: n/a
Fragrance: n/a
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,112

3rd shave with the Sheep fat Test soap and each shave was better than the previous. This last one was everything you would expect from a shave soap. I was able to use a synthetic brush and load it from the bowl as I would from a tub and face lather. I had enough product that it lathered easily for enough to get 3 full passes and some to spare. It was a richer feeling lather and plenty slick enough for me with a nice sheen on the face. For 3 days now I have used ZERO post shave products except for my Humphrey's which is my witch hazel equivalent. My face feels soft and as it should. Not dry and not greasy but just as it should. The scent described to me was nonexistent. The soap was being tested for performance alone but if doing scents I would say that it would need a great deal more to be detectable. That said I would have no problem buying and using this soap exactly as it is and I have ZERO unscented soaps in the den (except for Williams of course). Great job olschoolsteel David and the Soap maker. Have a great day Everyone !
IMG_20211123_070951986_HDR.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 23rd November 2021

Shave Score 9.8

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Goodfellas - Amber Fougere
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: RR Game changer .84
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave ASL: Goodfellas - Amber Fougere
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Geoffrey Been - Bowling Green

Have a great day all.

JoePXL_20211122_222816188.jpg

Second day in a row with Rex Ambassador set to 0.5 to see if viable for everyday shaving.
Shark blade, Proraso menthol pre-shave, Proraso cypress and vetiver cream and Yaqui Brush.
The Shark blade is less effective than Astra blue for me, but again a very comfortable shave.
I'll try again tomorrow, then I'll stop to avoid creating wrong ideas in my wife's mind... never seen me shaving every day...

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Executive Shaving Pre Shave Oil
Razor: ATT Windsor
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Henry et Victoria - Nautilus

The more I use the Windsor the better shaves I get. Paired with a Silver Blue provided an excellent close and comfortable shave. The soap I found a bit difficult to lather but then again only on my second outing with it. I'll see how the rest of the week goes. On the other hand very impressed with the ASB. A very pleasant subtle scent and leaves the skin nice and soft.

Have a great week everyone!

SOTD.jpg

Tuesday 23rd November

Omega S Brush - Yego Cream - PAL Injecto Matic/Vintage PAL Blade - Dunhill for Men

A while back I bought a couple of packs of these vintage blades.By all accounts these are around 60 years old. I figured that I would at least have a couple of decent quality blade keys. The current offerings from Personna are quite flimsy to say the least. The blade today was sharp and gave an excellent result....however I wouldn't describe it as the smoothest of blades in use. I imagine technology has moved on over the years which could explain this.

3 passes for an excellent finish

Another 2 shaves using the feather blade in the trusty Tech.
I've used the Yaqi mysterious space badger with both a soap and a cream and think it really needs much more 'loading' when face lathering. There's so much left in the brush that doesn't really transfer to the face. I think it will be used when I feel like a bowl lather, as I can generate enough to have plenty left in the bowl using it.
Anyhow, change of razor and blade for the next few days.
Onwards and upwards folks.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_101349__01.jpg
    IMG_20211123_101349__01.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211122_095716__01.jpg
    IMG_20211122_095716__01.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 3
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Treet Silver ( 2 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel
Cream = Simpsons Lime
Splash = Tobs Eton College Collection
Balm = Simpsons Lime
2AB0325F-E8CF-4565-8BC7-7652AF1CC8B4.jpegAnother Cracker for me today & surprisingly 10/10

I don’t know what’s going on the last few shaves but they have all been my shave of the week.

I know the dury’s out on some of the Treet Blades but for me my last 3 have been top drawer with this Silver being the best so far.

I was very surprised on how good this cream performed for so little used but i guess pretty much most soaps/creams are decent these days

Stay Safe Lads

Back
Top Bottom