Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

Saturday 20th November

Soap • Hampshire Wool Fat No 1
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post • None

I'm on day three with confirmed Covid, and I feel crap.
I thought that a shave might lift my spirits, it hasn't, but at least I've removed three days worth of mostly grey stubble and I look a bit less poorly.

That's not so good fella, wishing you a well for a rapid and full recovery

Monday November 22, 2021
Razor: Ronson
Blade: Injector
Brush: Trotter Handcraft Ida/Maggards 2 Band Badger
Soap: Test Soap
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: n/a
Fragrance: n/a
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,111

****SPOILER ALERT to Soap Testers****

Today I decided to use just one of the soaps as I would normally. They are the same except for 1 with Lanolin and 1 with Shea Butter. Not sure which I had but to me, they were nearly if not identical in yesterday's shave that I don't think it would matter. Had a great shave and went with a low structure lather that was wet and SLICK. Post shave feel with nothing is VERY nice, soft and supple ! I will try again tomorrow with this method of loading the brush but again with a synthetic and see if I can get a thicker structure while maintaining hydration and slickness. The Ronson was a great close shave now that I feel it afterwards. I think the injector blade may not be my favorite that I had loaded in it and will need to try another shave with my preferred Injector blade. I don't care for the shave angle it requires to hold the razor at but you can't complain with results like I received.....................................YES I can :ROFLMAO: GREAT shave but I would take either of my Shake Sharps over the Ronson ANY day. Still a cool piece of history built to last multiple lifetimes. Have a great day everyone !!

IMG_0081sm.jpg

I felt the need to go random for my next shave. I therefore used a random number generator to select items, using my collection spreadsheet as the directory. This is what it came up with.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson’s Duke 3 BB
Soap: Stirling Soap Haverford
Post-shave: Henri & Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars

Actually the post shave was my choice, as I wanted to be able at least to match the aftershave with the tobacco scent of the Haverford. The Henri & Victoria is the closest match I have, and is a more refined match than Tabac, which is too "sweet."

I’ve not used a Silver Blue too often before, and checking my logs, it’s been a little hit and miss. So we’ll see how this randomness works out.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

22 November

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Plisson synthetic
Karve Christopher Bradley
Kai Stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

871CDA35-0D3F-4396-89DA-D75F3844C6B3.jpeg

Another superb shave with the Karve and Kai combination. I must try this Kai in my 6S. Tomorrow I will start to shave with a razor cull in mind… too many DE razors. The first to go may well be the Game Changer from yesterday’s shave, it just doesn’t get as close as others, for me.

Stimulated by the latest video of an Italian wet-shaver channel (Andrea Tarenzi) I tried the Rex Ambassador set to 0.5, the lowest the scale can go.
Astra blue, Mitchell's wool fat and Yaqui Brush.

Very, very, veeery comfortable shave. Of course not extremely close but who cares.
A real pleasure, something for everyday shaving.
Thanks to Andrea https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5ylR4RrDmXgDRpuCYh-OA

Monday 22nd November

Boti 27mm Boar - TFS Barbershop - Razorine Original in Brass/Dorco Titan - Encre Noire

I haven't used this razor for a while which resulted in a small weeper while I rediscovered the correct angle of attack. A little alum on the fingers is essential to achieve any meaningful grip!
2 passes and a touchup for an excellent result. Pity about the weeper.

0AEDA8F7-01EF-4387-A6E3-F54E796AB65E.jpeg

SOTD: 22/11/2021

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Prep: Shower and PAA unscented cube
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave: Stirling Orange Chill
Balm: Bart’s Neroli Sample Balm

A delightfully smooth shave with minimal growth today as I got to use my new brush today! The handle is a delight and fit my gorilla like hands perfectly. The Synbad is also beautifully soft yet having set it slightly low still has a good firm backbone to it! Having bought my first handle and knot I think this will be my new hole to dive into. It’s another level to most of my other brushes!

Last edited:
Monday AM 2021-11-22
National Go for a Ride Day
vLFOKT1.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Penhaligon's Endymion shaving cream
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave

It's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I woke up this morning with existential dread - that I'll soon begin hearing 'The Little Drummer Boy' on the radio.
cK5XT4W.jpg

My heartfelt thanks for all of the kind wishes

Having managed to rest (without coughing and spluttering) for an hour or so, I feel a bit more with it.
As with Influenza, i seem to feel worse in the morning and evening times, with some spells of respite during the daytime..

Enjoy your Sunday, Gents

P
Wishing you a speedy recovery. it really is a nasty virus. Dose up on paracel & ibuprofen if you can take them.

Back
Top Bottom