Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

Another 2 shaves using the feather blade in the trusty Tech.
I've used the Yaqi mysterious space badger with both a soap and a cream and think it really needs much more 'loading' when face lathering. There's so much left in the brush that doesn't really transfer to the face. I think it will be used when I feel like a bowl lather, as I can generate enough to have plenty left in the bowl using it.
Anyhow, change of razor and blade for the next few days.
Onwards and upwards folks.
Gary
How many times have you used your Yaqi badger Gary? They normally 'free up' after ~10 uses and hold on to less lather. Hopefully yours will be similar.

Tuesday AM 2021-11-23
Pencil sharpener patented on this date by J.L. Love, 1897
mABiqdE.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (24/55)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Personna 74 Tungsten (1)
RazoRock R-160 Sweet Almond aftershave balm
wZ0ia2s.jpg

AAAFDDAE-D35C-4990-8F09-EF65CC3D0CCA.jpeg

SOTD: 23/11/2021

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: AkkaWoodnResin Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Menthol Soap
Soap: Stirling Strawberry Lemonade Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another smooth and simple shave from the Hone 15a, tackled my stubble with ease with the feather attached. The Stirling lathered like a charm as always but this is the first of their scents that hasn’t been a outright hit for me.
That said it’s still a fabulous shave, have a great day.

23 November

Signature Soaps Hibernia
Razorock Bruce
Mühle R106
Feather Hi-stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

View attachment 80504

Oh dear. That was a wonderful, close and comfortable shave, and the standard that my other razors will need to achieve, if they are to stay. It is going to be a high bar to reach and the Game Changer is the first failure.
Thank you, Regards Brian

Tuesday 23rd November

AM-JKLUo4OCz7Fj3uewPx_Uamd_OFeXqxlVGtR_cxpvpWuDD4bbH1aeTYvgMw7Q7_ieHi8598cs5mJplUYoVfBr1azeY_3p5whOf4hXRXPmX9IMA65XvpMmB8mqxegD2WcBgkhJrF7I8fnGqh6ghWfJmjLkrBA=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 English Rose
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Merkur 37C (post-2015)
Personna Platinum Chrome (German) (1)
DR Harris Pink Aftershave

I've had a really nice rose attar on today which has lasted the whole day and by evening was simply emitting a really pleasant green stem rose providing the perfect setup for a shave with Wickham's English Rose soap.

Not as glorious a razor/blade combination as I'd hoped, what with a recent shave with the Merkur 37C and the Personna Comfort Coated stainless giving me practically a 10/10 shave, but with the blade now worn in on its first shave I hope tomorrow will be just that.

Wed 24 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Freedom Synthetic
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue + 3 Frost Drops
Today's lather from this soap was just amazing! Super rich, ultra-creamy, and very slick...with a nice leathery scent to boot...
The razor paired with this blade was very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish but somehow a few micro creepers materialized. Aftershaves were excellent!
20211124_091110.jpg

SOTD 24-Nov
20211123_151443.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: Mammoth Hygge
Razor: Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM PTFE (3)

Ah the wonderful Clog Pruf, still so grateful for having received this. Absolutely cracking shave this morning, smooth finish in combination with the Hygge pairing and zero irritation, excellent!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom