Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

SOTD 21-Nov
20211121_094043.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers AP 26mm Gelousy SHD
Soap: PAA Space Nog
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: GSB (1)

Excellent shave this morning, first outing with the newly knotted handle, I dub thee 'Soap Destroyer'. Good backbone, solid feel and gel..ish tips without being gluey, very impressed. If you had a soap you really just wanted to get through this would do the trick without an issue. Previous knot was good but no matter what depth I set it at there was too much splay. Would have been great for head shaving I'm sure.

Nice smooth finish with the everyday and festive undertones with the PAA Space Nog. As ever I'm a fan of the PAA soaps, I have another couple on the wishlist at the moment which may have to include the EDPs seeing as they're able to export alcohol!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD 21.jpg

Soap – Wholly Kaw 1776
Brush – Razorock Bruce 24mm
Razor – Parker 65R
Blade – Personna Israeli (2)
A/S – Tabac
A/S Balm – Lea 3 in 1

I dusted off a razor that’s been hiding away and one that I’ve very much overlooked for a long time. One of the first DE razors I bought and thinking back I’ve never had a bad shave with it. Today was no exception. There’s more blade exposure than a DE89 / 34C and I’d put it a notch above mid aggression but a great shaver and after this reminder today I have to give it a more regular spot in my rotation.
The WK soap is a little more work than many as it likes a drink but once you get the lather right its fantastic. Super creamy and slick.
I have better blade combos for this razor but still had a great shave and fine result so very happy and a big smile with a dousing of Tabac to boot.

Have a good day and enjoy your shaves.

21/11/2021

Razor: Alpha Claymore Evo
Blade: Feather Pro (7)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw SynBad
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum

IMG_20211120_202506-01.jpeg

A great shave. An Alpha shave! Brush performed flawlessly and the Claymore has cemented its place in my den. It's a great design and a bargain - I'd now be content to recommend this alongside the Hawk V3 (I think the Claymore Evo looks better than the Hawk). I look forward to trying different blades in it during the coming months.

Saturday 20th November

Soap • Hampshire Wool Fat No 1
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Post • None

I'm on day three with confirmed Covid, and I feel crap.
I thought that a shave might lift my spirits, it hasn't, but at least I've removed three days worth of mostly grey stubble and I look a bit less poorly.

Get well soon. It’s crap, I got it before the vaccines came into force and it’s the worse I’ve ever felt. Hopefully it won’t take you too long to recover.

Much thanks gentleman

Anyone who may think Covid is over needs to think twice.
My symptoms is definitely worsening, and I fear I may have to seek medical help if it doesn't begin to abate in the next 24 hours - yes, it is that scary.
When I was four years old I contracted Diphtheria, and the level of sickness is very similar.

Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear of your problems, hang in there and beat it.
Mike

My heartfelt thanks for all of the kind wishes

Having managed to rest (without coughing and spluttering) for an hour or so, I feel a bit more with it.
As with Influenza, i seem to feel worse in the morning and evening times, with some spells of respite during the daytime..

Enjoy your Sunday, Gents

P

And hello. Welcome to my shave themed 'It is not the size what attracts the flies but the cheese around the rim'

View attachment 80367

Gorgonzola - Yaqi Excalibur
Stinking Bishop - Feather Super Professional (Note. Not the same Bishop as immortalised by @Crossan )
Raclette - Muhle ivory
Espouses de Bourgogne - Abbate Y Mantia Matteo
Blue bottle - L'Occitane Cade
Common house trouser fly - Chanel pour Monsieur

So a very cheese based theme but for no particular reason. Which of course is the same for all my SOTD's. Why?

The Muhle ivory. A brush of lilliputian size and developed for young children setting out to learn the art of shaving. But I do have to give it support and say it does the job just fine. Not a face masher but more a face tickler. The Abbate has never let me down and if anyone wants something 'different', then put it on the list.

Good show from team lather. Tip top chaps

Started off reaching for the Evo but the Yaqi got in the way and became the easier reach for. But what a good change of choice. Small and agile and kind of matches the brush on this front. A blade on a stick. Takes minimalism to a new level. But wow, it always delivers the most spectacular shaves imaginable. A little awkward under the nose as I shave ATG here and the blade is not that far off the centre of the handle making it slightly difficult to get close. But persevere and job done brilliantly. It may be minimalistic but the results aren't. Exceptionally pleased and exceptionally happy.

Super little razor and a super shave

And the young lady bounced in delight on the end of Monsieur Camembret's rubbery cheese

And another ditty little tune from the Shonen girls to sing along to

Love for you all? Plenty
Braver man than me using that blade. I got the V3 and even with a Pink it bites.

Sun 21st November

Omega 11126 boar
Hampshire Wool Fat
Yaqi Raster V3
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 3 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

After the Hawk V3/ Pink this Combo was more aggressive. Again with it I got a bit cavalier with the direction and extent of my strokes, so like last time out I got a couple of weepers. Maybe a change of blade is required.

11CFBDB1-2972-4DC8-843E-CBECCAFDD1BD.jpeg

Saturday 20th November

Post • None

I thought that a shave might lift my spirits, it hasn't, but at least I've removed three days worth of mostly grey stubble and I look a bit less poorly.

Hope you get over it quickly. Take care
Regards Brian

Sunday November 21, 2021
Razor: NOS Schick Adjustable
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum Teflon
Brush: Trotter Handcraft /Rubberset 400 Cashmere Knots
Soap: 2 Test Soaps (Same except for Lanolin vs Shea Butter)
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: n/a
Fragrance: n/a
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,110

Much thanks gentleman

Anyone who may think Covid is over needs to think twice.
My symptoms is definitely worsening, and I fear I may have to seek medical help if it doesn't begin to abate in the next 24 hours - yes, it is that scary.
When I was four years old I contracted Diphtheria, and the level of sickness is very similar.

So hoping you can get some relief soon and avoid needing to seek further medical care. Best wishes for a complete recovery quickly !

21 November

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
PAA The Green Ray
Razorock Game Changer .68-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

C7FC35FD-FFFF-490F-A606-6FE68540BF18.jpeg

A very pleasant comfortable Sunday Shave. The Game Changer is not the closest shaving razor I have, even with a Feather blade, but, it produces a very acceptable appearance.

Saturday 20th November

Post • None

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

8FCEA937-8CDB-4DBA-85EE-6A391F0189D7.jpeg
SOTD: 21/11/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Dscosmetics Shaving Bowl
Prep: Shower and Baxter’s of California face scrub
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Astra Planeta Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

An amazing smooth shave, the scent of the soap and aftershave set me nicely for the rest of the day.
Enjoy your Sunday!

dkpwatson64_1637434407.jpg

I have just taken delivery of a very nice Yaqi Raster V3 which allegedly has a better head and blade fixing than the version 2. I couldn’t honestly feel that much of an improvement with this new version, as it gave me a very smooth and efficient shave, mowing down a longer than usual growth, effortlessly.

Testament to the blade and razor’s efficacy, was that despite not using any pre-shave, they shaved me really well and there was no BURN when I used the Trumper’s Lime Cologne. Impressive.

So the v3 is just as good as the v2 and I really enjoyed using it.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Feather AC Pro
Blade: Feather AC Pro (1)
Soap: Trumper’s Limes
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake
Pre-shave: Hot water
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Cobalt Blue

Back
Top Bottom