Saturday 20th November to Friday 26th of November of 2021.

I've kept the Tech loaded with a feather blade and it has again been superb. I think even better than yesterday as I didn't get any burn with the A/S.

Stirling Mountain Man soap in the shower, then the Mountain Man shave to match. I went for a warm shave today and had a nice warm lather for the first 2 passes, cooled down by pass 3..

Brut to finish and more feeling super- smooth.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20211120_123148__01.jpg
    IMG_20211120_123148__01.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 2
Saturday November 20, 2021
Razor: Schick Type F Injector
Blade: sChick
Brush: Trotter Handcraft Vein Quartz/26mm Boti Horse
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Parfums de Marly Herod
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,109

So the Hibernia soap is a great Citrus scent that performs amazingly and the this Trotter Handcraft brush is a REAL trotter as I installed a horse hair knot. It felt soft to the face dry. No break in, just a 5 minute water soak and started lathering off the tub. Saw a couple hairs lost in the tub and 2 more on the face when lathering. Maybe a couple more in the sink were spotted so reasonable for a new brush. When cleaning it up, towel strop and drying the handle, no more shedding was seen. Have high hopes for this Boti 26mm Horse knot. It was a tad scritchy but not bad and assuming it will soften with use like a Boar. Smooth, refreshed and smelling great with the Herod EDP. Bring on the coffee and Carrot Cake. Have a Stellar Day Folks !
View attachment 80334
Thank you. Take care, regards Brian

Sotd 20/11
Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: wet the face stranger shaves
Splash : wet the face stranger shaves
Balm: arko unscented
Alum bloc
Brush : alpha outlaw
Razor: Razor rock hawk v3 standard plate
Blade : Captain titan mild

Stranger shave well first time using a single edge and first time using a wet the face soap went for a 3 pass shave using the Hawk and what a great shave also the soap was really good it produced a brilliant lather and had a intense almond scent that filled the bathroom but after the shave the scent is subtle on the face which is great
Have a great weekend
20211120_131826.jpg20211120_131834.jpg20211120_131950.jpg20211120_132025.jpg20211120_132344.jpg20211120_132406.jpg20211120_132436.jpg20211120_132607.jpg20211120_134519.jpg

C8C8E0E6-88B8-4EB6-85A6-0C2E77A3F0E3.jpeg

SOTD: 20/11/2021

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 5th use
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Another delightful shave from my Hawk, and the P&B Trafalgar. The base is a delight and lathers with ease for me. Surprisingly found the Hawk just as efficient and the Rockwell 6s today.
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Saturday AM 2021-11-20
First US motorcycle patented on this date, Pierre Lallement, 1866
4Q7Akd9.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Eufros Kasbah shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/WRH2
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (10)
Ginger's Garden Colonia aftershave
Ed8jWvU.jpg

Saturday 20th November

AM-JKLU6r3VzacrKFpLGt--snfUvl8dW6r42cg83x4Ri9jk9-EVRg1D7O9tnaWGf6nlL_r1ALjV2Dlu23LJAEALkboHtIHAlkE98aHt5xE5Ufleb3NYlWL2juel1jWu9fLo-tsGKBocakYGt-dmi1nmO5PItIA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Omega Professional Boar 28mm
Merkur 37C
Personna Comfort Coated Stainelss (2)
Pinaud VIBR

Absolutely fab! I take it all back about the (new) Merkur 37C ... I get it. I get it now.

Some years ago, I had (and sold on) a Merkur 37C. I enjoyed it very much and considered it a really sound daily shaver for folks who really wanted a good scrape in one pass and get done. It worked. I did just that perfectly. Some years passed while I shaved with a 1912 ...

I bought another one last year and was immediately disappointed. My memories must have been wrong as it is just so mild! I must have misremembered. But then I find out the razor was refreshed some time around 2015. I look back at my pictures from those days and yes, my old razor had a much thinner cap, much tinner indeed. The current Merkur 37C looks better proportioned, but boy is it mild!

I say mild. Mild, but certainly not incapable. Used this evening on the spur of the moment, rather than reaching for my Razorock German Slant (which is setup just like the old Merkur 37C), I did my first pass enjoying the truly safe shave and ... and ... well, washed off and that was that. One pass did it just fine, which is what I'd expect from a slant but what Merkur have managed to do in that refresh is take all the danger (and fun?) out of it.

I take it back ... this razor is absolutely a keeper. Love it! How odd that my disappointment clouded my appreciation so forcefully.

Oh, and Moon Soaps Amaretto? Chuffin' ace! Pinaud VIBR? Chuffin' ace! Splashed on face, chest, back of neck, top of head ... great shave, that!

Last edited:
Saturday 20th November

AM-JKLU6r3VzacrKFpLGt--snfUvl8dW6r42cg83x4Ri9jk9-EVRg1D7O9tnaWGf6nlL_r1ALjV2Dlu23LJAEALkboHtIHAlkE98aHt5xE5Ufleb3NYlWL2juel1jWu9fLo-tsGKBocakYGt-dmi1nmO5PItIA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Amaretto Shaving Cream
Razorock 400 Butterscotch w/Omega Professional Boar 28mm
Merkur 37C
Personna Comfort Coated Stainelss (2)
Pinaud VIBR

Absolutely fab! I take it all back about the (new) Merkur 37C ... I get it. I get it now.

Some years ago, I had (and sold on) a Merkur 37C. I enjoyed it very much and considered it a really sound daily shaver for folks who really wanted a good scrape in one pass and get done. It worked. I did just that perfectly. Some years passed while I shaved with a 1912 ...

I bought another one last year and was immediately disappointed. My memories must have been wrong as it is just so mild! I must have misremembered. But then I find out the razor was refreshed some time around 2015. I look back at my pictures from those days and yes, my old razor had a much thinner cap, much tinner indeed. The current Merkur 37C looks better proportioned, but boy is it mild!

I say mild. Mild, but certainly not incapable. Used this evening on the spur of the moment, rather than reaching for my Razorock German Slant (which is setup just like the old Merkur 37C), I did my first pass enjoying the truly safe shave and ... and ... well, washed off and that was that. One pass did it just fine, which is what I'd expect from a slant but what Merkur have managed to do in that refresh is take all the danger (and fun?) out of it.

I take it back ... this razor is absolutely a keeper. Love it! How odd that my disappointment clouded my appreciation so forcefully.

Oh, and Moon Soaps Amaretto? Chuffin' ace! Pinaud VIBR? Chuffin' ace! Splashed on face, chest, back of neck, top of head ... great shave, that!
The RazoRock German 37 will reunite you with the original!

Back
Top Bottom