Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

Menthol Muehle Monday

7ACD6837-5FA9-45A2-8FCF-215BBB4E24BD.jpeg
Muehle R106, Lab Blue, ShedEleven Turnhouse Beech 2-band, Ingram, Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum, RSC Balm

Quick rasp today as needed a sharp exit so time to use the face-throwaround that is the R106. Easy and grand results. Must make a nice leather case for it and use it for travel as Matron’s taking me on a respite break at the end of the month. She’s been looking at some brutal brochures of severely stark institutions that make Arkham Asylum look a luxury package holiday. Help me…

A song to help you through your search

15/11/2021

Razor: Stando Rod Brass SE
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Brush: Boti NC 20mm
Soap: SV Stella Alpina

IMG_20211114_190725-01.jpeg

First use of the Stando Rod razor. I had a great shave with it. It has the right sweet spot between smoothness and efficiency for me. Very comfortable in use and an excellent finish from 2 passes. The weight of the brass does the work. I like the fact that there's not that many of this particular model. Makes me feel more attached to it.

@Tony'schin @Satanfriendly - Whilst on the Stando website, I found a stainless handle that I bought for the General V2. It's a very good match for the head and the aesthetics work well I think. Feels nimble in the hand:

IMG_20211115_193518.jpgIMG_20211115_193531.jpg

Monday 15th November

AM-JKLXBXRxgDOTASpK0WtYvWfYpHIOIyaIi6hgIu2NlnkrzkEyszAWlklA4zWRRN_uNbORtwM0sYKzem0zdxqwkPA11GkFuUEFveWwpLKMztNvNKKcSy486JOxo1EnMFCsyFZ84lrkhHE39hsG0zPChn56atw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
La Savonniere Donkey Milk Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj w/Blonde Boar 24mm
MARS Razor w/Number 2 Plate
EuroMax Platinum (1) SE
Pashana Original Aftershave

I enjoyed this 2 plate more than I did the 3 plate ...

The 3 plate that I used the other day was mild. Mild, but it was on that cusp of not quite mild enough (eh? read on) that it certainly wasn't capable of a single pass shave but equally was just that little bit too much to qualify as foolproof ... as in impossible to cut ones self and not absolutely irritation-free if you were, say, heavy-handed.

The 2 plate fitted the bill for a foolproof shave perfectly! Mild, it was irritation-free from a two pass shave, the second of which was against the grain; you know my feelings towards that kind of behaviour. Foolproof, indeed ... very comfortable and certainly a good step up from the cartridge format. Plate 3 felt like a cartridge shave - this felt like a cartridge shave could be if they went single edge and angled the head over more.

Tomorrow, I'm going up from yesterday's 7 to an 8. I enjoyed 7 more than 6 and wonder if 8 will continue that trend or whether I'll find my ceiling. I rather think I've found the floor here with plate 2, but I'll be running plates 1 & 9 through in a couple of days.

Last edited:
15/11/2021

Razor: Stando Rod Brass SE
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Brush: Boti NC 20mm
Soap: SV Stella Alpina

View attachment 80130

First use of the Stando Rod razor. I had a great shave with it. It has the right sweet spot between smoothness and efficiency for me. Very comfortable in use and an excellent finish from 2 passes. The weight of the brass does the work. I like the fact that there's not that many of this particular model. Makes me feel more attached to it.

@Tony'schin @Satanfriendly - Whilst on the Stando website, I found a stainless handle that I bought for the General V2. It's a very good match for the head and the aesthetics work well I think. Feels nimble in the hand:

View attachment 80129View attachment 80128
Same experience with my Stando Rod. Glad ot works for you too. :)

Razor = 1960 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade = Vintage Gillette Super Silver ( 1 )
Brush = Tobs Best Badger
Soap = Hampshire Wool Fat No 2
Splash = 2006 Old Spice Champion
Balm = Ben More From Barts Balms
BC93B090-EBFE-45FF-B31C-51B7897B8098.jpegBrilliant All British 3 Pass shave tonight.

I bought this slim brand new with a seal on the box and i think this is its third or fourth outing
a truly wonderful razor and possibly my all time favourite.
The Brush i never thought i would ever use
it was £6 brand new again off a charity shop on ebay
I actually bought it for the brush stand.
i’m unsure of the date but i’m thinking 70’s possibly 80’s but genuinely don’t know so if any you lads have an idea give me a shout please.
The Blades were a bit of a hit & miss,
I had the razor at 7 but turned it down to 4 as i felt it was a bit tuggy.
Anyway a brilliant shave & the soap is class for anyone not tried the Hampshire Wool Fat
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe

I thought that Floid had discontinued the Black? - I did find some on the Bay, but it was near £100. I'll probably just wait for someone to stock the PAA gel/splash/jelly. As I'm still not smelling stuff quite right since I got Covid, I can wait!!! :D
I didn't know that they had dropped the Black version - sorry for the bum tip. On the other hand - I'm a big fan of Floid aftershaves, but not the Black iteration. I've got over half a bottle if you want it? In all conscience I couldn't see a man and his dream soap/splash combo denied, given I don't use it. PM me if interested - assuming your nose is up to it? :) - I.

Last edited:
Tue 16 SOTD
Soap Stirling Varen - New & 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Gillette Tech on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Splash
Wow...what a soap! The epic scent overpowered the aftershaves, lingers & lasted a while too. Unique scent and liking it...
The lather is very creamy and slick with a surprisingly good post-shave feel...just awesome!!
Considered a frugal razor...paired with this blade...wow! Best shave in many days!! Easy, smooth, comfortable, and very efficient! Easily matched/surpass with my costlier razors in terms of efficiency. 3passes without any issues for a dolphin smooth finish. The aftershaves were good too but were overwhelmed by the soap...
20211116_091533.jpg

SOTD : 16th November 2021.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso sensitive.
Blade: Trig Silver Edge. ( D1) (Green cover)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./ The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Proraso Sensitive Soap provided me with slick protective lather for the shave leaving a equally good post shave feel. Out of the 3 Proraso soaps that i have, the sensitive has the best slickness...My only gripe with the soap is it leaves a white residue on the razor surface after i have finished the shave...However, this could be because i live in a hard water area and the soap reacts with the high minerals in the water which has nothing to do the ingredients of the soap.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom