Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

Nov. 15, 2021

Very nice scent - albeit it does remind me of an apple pie a little bit... splash definitely compliments it and is not as apple pie-y as the soap. Great slick lather, enough for 3 passes.

Ended up doing 2 passes for DFS+. MMOC is really a nice an efficient razor. No fuss shave whatsoever and just right aggressiveness. I think I do even prefer it to 1912... Although haven't used one of those in a while - think I need to revisit them.

Might sneak another cheeky shave in the evening today... but we will see!

Sotd-16-11-21.png
This afternoon -

razor - ATT SE1 Calypso
blade - Feather Pro (1)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band 22mm
soap - MT Dark Limes
post - witch hazel
a/s - LPL Abricot
balm - L'Oreal Hydra. (Was killing the Hydra one of the labours of Heracles? I think so. Easily distracted - moi?)

Dark limes on a dark day. I haven't used the ATT single edge for some time - after the Vector and Twig it feels gigantic, like shaving with a scythe. Can't fault the results though - quite a lot of blade feel, I don't know whether it's the razor or the brand new blade. Time will tell. Cheers - I.

Tue 16th November

Jayaruh Syn No67
Ach Brito Mogno
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 9 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This Razor/Blade combo really works,just completed a 9th comfortable and ultra close Shave, without any hassle.Glad I got some of these blades at a very good price,Via the Bay/Japan.

171D4D93-6DAE-4389-83B1-A2F1A81EB0A9.jpeg

tw1bWmb.jpg

Ol' Reliable, my $10 English post-war Tech
Turn 'N Shave
25mm Quarter Moon Tuxedo
B&M The Full Measure of Man
soap sample (all gone & not pictured)
Denim Original AS
Gillette Super Thin Platinum (#4)

One pass North to South DFS. (y)

Why change anything in life? My punctuality on my SOTD's has always been, well not punctual. So here is last night's offering themed (and dedicated to John McEnroe) 'You can't be serious? (sometimes I can be)'

20211115_194611.jpg

One serious bit of kit - Stainless Mongoose
Get your kit off. Seriously - Feather Super Professional
Seriously it's a Kit Kat - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Here Kitty Kitty - Extro Arzachena (A serious soap)
You're taking the piss aren't you? - Extro Arzachena splash

A recent thread had me thinking that it has been some time since the Mongoose took its turn in the rotation. So out it came to do its serious shaving thing. And bloody hell am I happy it came to see the light of the bathroom once again.

I don't quite understand why some people have issues with finding the angle on the Mongoose. I always find it so simple. Place the angled face flat on face and shave away. The work is all done for you in the design. And what a shave it delivers. It might lean towards the aggressive side, but just go easy, take ones time and perfection awaits. It is up there with any other SE which has passed by my sink and never once disappointed. This outing being no different and just as meatloaf sang, 'Paradise by the bathroom lights'

As for the Extro and the whiskey barrel. Perfect. Say no more

Something to do with Bishops I think

And a very fitting song to sign off on from this weeks band of the day, Shonen Knife.

Razor = Goodfellas Smile
Blade Treet Carbon ( 1 ) Bangladesh
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = Mudder Focker with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
F1DC42D0-DDE4-4F80-99B6-D4321669F998.jpeg3304D92A-FCE4-40C2-A1FB-2D71E3D98500.pngA Very Surprisingly good shave.

Well what a cracking shave.
i wasn’t going to have a shave tonight but my wife was watching :poop: on the tele
some reality Sh1t and i thought if i don’t get out this room i might wake up in prison :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Anyway i came across this razor i forgot i had and actually i could never see me using it but once found it was playing on my mind.
It has 3 plates of aggression and i decided to go with the mildest which is the gold one.
Man what a shave i couldn’t believe it
it was actually a bit to mild but i was so taken back with it i couldn’t be bothered changing the plate to more aggressive.
Now iv found a new razor for the rotation maybe lol.
The Soap for me is top drawer and you can’t get much better for the cash.
Also a first for me with this blade, i reckon i have around 5-6 different Treets but i know there’s a good few i haven’t got.
Onwards & Upwards Lads & Lassies
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom