Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

Monday 15th November

Simpson M7 in Best - Culmak - Pearl Blaze/Gillette Winner Black - Guerlain Heritage EDP

My first shave with the Blaze. Fit and Finish is very good. The razor for me is medium aggressive but deceptively efficient. I had a DFS after 1 pass. I could have stopped with an excellent result after 2, and the 3rd was the icing on the cake.....absolutely perfect. I am very pleased with this razor.

If anyone knows a good substitute for matching with the black, let me know!
The obvious answer would be Floid Black - as, according to PAA, the soap fragrance is based on the Spanish splash. The link below is showing as out of stock but just to show you what to look out for if you wanted to try it. Hope this helps - I.

14/11/21 Remembrance Sunday shave Poppy smaller.jpg

Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Feather PB (9)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - JPG Le Male
Wk 46 (2).JPG
Lest we forget

15/11/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap - HWF #1 Patchouli & Cedarwood
Razor - ATT X1
Blade - Feather PB (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Aragn Oil and Balm
A/S - Signature soap Danum
Wk 46 (3).JPG
A very nice shave, the "brute" is no more and the X1 is definitely growing on me.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

PreShave: Face wash then Cube - unscented

Soap: Wilkinson sword

Brush: RR 400

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum block - Cien X bolt splash

DE Shave #45

Although I prefer the efficiency of the R3 plate over the R2 it isn't yet as comfy on the face. I hope it will continue to improve.
Once both the Cien splashes have gone I doubt I'll buy any more.

Great lather from palmolive classic cream - maybe it's not as good as nowadays artisan offerings, but definitely does the job well! Been using soaps mainly for a good while, so I kept a bit too much water at initial lathering - since it came out quite bubbly.... Bit of working it in and lather was on point!

3 passes with a borrowed Aristocrat (not entirely sure which one it is... my own research leads me towards a razor from set 22 or 66... It is patent pending, diamond base, however it's 74g... Any experts on those here? )

DFS+ finish with one nick on a spot. No irritation - XXX splash also brought nice wave of refreshment. It's also finally on it's last legs, probably around 5 uses of the splash are left. Then for unmatched sets, I'll fight through Old spice slugger!
385311CD-6503-4E9E-9B04-AC72AC7635C4.jpeg

SOTD 19.jpg

Soap – Moon Soaps Trade Winds
Brush – Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor – Blackland Blackbird
Blade – Euromax
A/S – Tabac
A/S Balm – ADP Colonia Intensa

Beautiful scented soap this and I had a lovely shave but down a notch in comfort if I’m honest. I’ve had a tuck of Euromax blades lying around for a while so I thought I’d give one a try.
A few days growth is usually a decent test and these felt a bit tuggy under the nose and chin areas. Not so bad when I got to the final pass but most of the work had already been done by then. I’ll give them a go in other razors and with lighter growth to see if the shave changes but on first impressions they appear to be in the one hit wonder category for me.
Regardless, no real drama and the end result was still nice and smooth.

Have a good day and enjoy your shaves.

Monday 15th November

Simpson M7 in Best - Culmak - Pearl Blaze/Gillette Winner Black - Guerlain Heritage EDP

My first shave with the Blaze. Fit and Finish is very good. The razor for me is medium aggressive but deceptively efficient. I had a DFS after 1 pass. I could have stopped with an excellent result after 2, and the 3rd was the icing on the cake.....absolutely perfect. I am very pleased with this razor.
That is one good looking razor!

20211115_144036.jpg
SOTD 15th Nov
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - Wickhams Parma Violet
Razor - Rockwell 6c R4
Blade - Dorco Premium #1
Post - Barts Balm Peppermint
The Rockwell has worked with every blade I've put in it - still true for this Dorco blade kindly gifted to me by @LeeMaz.
The Wickhams soap was a nice pick-me up on a dreary, miserable day.
Barts Balm was top notch once again.
3 excellent passes for an easily achieved DFS result.
Take care all.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Executive Shaving Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: ATT Windsor
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka
S Soap: Yaqi Malibu

A super close shave provided by this set up. The Nacet feels very sharp in the ATT providing a very efficient shave. I am now tempted to see how a less aggressive plate performs. If any of you have a SSMR plate to spare, let me know.
The soap, another Boycie Emporium purchase, did not disappoint either. The scent maybe a bit too overpowering but it's not very lasting so all ok. More than 9 hours later and my face still feels smooth. No 5 o'clock shadow today.

Have a great week everyone!
SOTD.jpg

Sunday evening's shave carrying the theme 'Sacre Bleu and other French colours'

20211114_203715.jpg

Cordon Bleu - Colonial General V2
Cafe Rouge - Feather Professional
Donner le feu vert - Yaqi Dandelion
Blanc bonnet et bonnet blanc - MDC Agrume
Tricolor (in Navy blue) - ADP Assoluta

Pardon my French, but this was another one of those effing super shaves and a great team effort.

Happy?

Of fucking course

And a happy kind of tune to end on from Shonen Knife, my band of the week. Still going strong after 40 plus years

And I love you all. But not in French romantic kind of way

Last edited:
Sunday evening's shave carrying the theme 'Sacre Bleu and other French colours'

View attachment 80072

Cordon Bleu - Colonial General V2
Cafe Rouge - Feather Professional
Donner le feu vert - Yaqi Dandelion
Blanc bonnet et bonnet blanc - MDC Agrume
Tricolor (in Navy blue) - ADP Assoluta

Pardon my French, but this was another one of those effing super shaves and a great team effort.

Happy?

Of fucking course

And a happy kind of tune to end on from Shonen Knife, my band of the week. Still going strong after 40 plus years

And I love you all. But not in French romantic kind of way
Is it the Yorkshire water that is helping the Shave go well

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Brush-Turkish Bristle
Soap-Bastard mix of tin ends*
Blade-SSX
Razor-Yates Closed Comb**
AS-Barts Sample B
AAS-Tea Tree (dilute)

*A pot made up of various tin remnants I wish I could remember the contents as it does a good job.

**Isn’t as effective as its open comb brother however I think I persevered too long with a tired blade.

Menthol Muehle Monday

7ACD6837-5FA9-45A2-8FCF-215BBB4E24BD.jpeg
Muehle R106, Lab Blue, ShedEleven Turnhouse Beech 2-band, Ingram, Benjamin’s Menthol Bay Rum, RSC Balm

Quick rasp today as needed a sharp exit so time to use the face-throwaround that is the R106. Easy and grand results. Must make a nice leather case for it and use it for travel as Matron’s taking me on a respite break at the end of the month. She’s been looking at some brutal brochures of severely stark institutions that make Arkham Asylum look a luxury package holiday. Help me…

Back
Top Bottom