Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

Today I pulled an old rabbit out of the hat. I used a NOS (1971) Gillette carbon steel Blue Blade, but this is from the era after Gillette started coating these blades. No blade shaves better on the first shave. None. Period. You can tell the difference between carbon & stainless as (coated) carbon steel IMO cuts just a frog hair better/sharper/smoother. However, these are rare & finite. I think that if Gillette were smart they would re-intro these again today and with modern hardening/grinding/coating as even if they gave but one great shave rest assured that you would buy them!! ;)

NQOsJD3.jpg

Post-war Canadian Tech
Stirling Sheep
mutton tallow soap
YaQi 24mm Cashmere
Denim Black
EdT

17/11/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water face rinse
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Focus R48
Blade - 0.5 Personna Platinum Super Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218
I still find this little razor confusing to use, although today was one of the better shaves i have had with it, applying pressure to razor does not feel natural. I really like the looks, the quirky workings of the head and it has given me a very nice close finish. I need to use it more so it becomes second nature. All in all very happy with that.

On a sad note, my little dog Max had to be admitted to the doggy hospital this morning with suspected Colitis, i really hope he pulls through. The vet looking after him is pretty confident so we have everything crossed for him.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Everything crossed for Max Tony , hope he is soon well.

Thu 18 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Clubman Gents Gin + Capt Choice BayRum Balm
Acceptable lather from the soap. Mild scent and ok quality.
An enjoyable shave with this cheap locally found vintage razor. Paired with the blade at max setting 9 gives an easy smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs/dfs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were excellent especially the Clubman while the balm...hmmm...kinda mildly scented.
20211118_085310.jpg

17/11/21
Razor - Focus R48
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218
I still find this little razor confusing to use, although today was one of the better shaves i have had with it, applying pressure to razor does not feel natural. I really like the looks, the quirky workings of the head and it has given me a very nice close finish. I need to use it more so it becomes second nature. All in all very happy with that.

On a sad note, my little dog Max had to be admitted to the doggy hospital this morning with suspected Colitis, i really hope he pulls through. The vet looking after him is pretty confident so we have everything crossed for him.

I hope Max is better soon.

SOTD : 18th November 2021.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Trig Silver Edge. (D2) (Green cover)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien X-Bold ASL. + Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Treet Trig silver Edge which performed wonderfully feeling smooth & efficient...The Erasmic Soap Bowl & Semogue 1470 both gave an admirably face lathering performance this morning providing me with slick protective lather in a short space of time. Leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 18-Nov
20211117_112511.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: PAA Blue Samhain
Razor: RR Hawk V3-A
Blade: Feather ProGuard (4)

Good shave this morning, weirdly I think I prefer the finish from my Yaqi Raster but still get a good finish and I do like the weight. I'm thinking I may have to get the vector when it eventually rises from the grave then this one may fly to a new home.

PAA Blue Samhain, love the smell, very strong but a wonderful winter scent. Have another flavour incoming from them in time for Christmas.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

17/11/21
Razor - Focus R48
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
View attachment 80218

My reply should say Hope he gets well soon. Damn predictive text!

Wednesday 17th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post • Real Shaving Co Balm

GWS blade not as smooth out of the wrapper as a GSB or GP, but not uncomfortable.
I got an unpleasant tingle from the balm - duly deposited in the waste bin.

IMG_0064sm.jpg

Back to the Feather AS-D2. It’s definitely my favourite razor…. at the moment.

This seems to be a default shave currently, the AS-D2, a Feather blade, Mitchell’s Wool Fat and something nice and smelly. This time it was Trumper’s Limes Cologne. This is fresh and limey but very disappointingly, even for a cologne, simply does not last beyond an hour. I’ve started the process of seeking an alternative for when this is finished.

I had bought some Royall Lyme Cologne and thought I had found a replacement. I was very pleased when it arrived. The bottle and packaging were fantastic. I opened and sniffed it. What a lovely smell of fresh Barbadian limes! I put some on.

What? Oh No! It dried down to smell of West Indian Bay. Goddamnit. Like cloves, it reminds me of the dentist and the pain of abscesses. Ugh! Unlike the Trumpers, it lasted ages. Not lime, bloody bay! Nowhere in any of the reviews I read, was there any mention of bloody bay! I passed it onto my brother.

So the hunt continues. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. What’s your lime splash or AS?

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn BB
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: Trumper’s Lime Cologne
Bowl: Face lather

Back
Top Bottom