Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

258485995_270459648368663_6506985838830245383_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TDS Rose Notes
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Chianti Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

Up at stupid o'clock for meetings in Cornwall and Devon, so only getting to upload SOTD photo now I've arrived at my hotel. Can't see me going back for another TDS order when this soap expires - the search is on for cheapish rose replacements....

17 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Flare Tip Rocket (0.58mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

19 November
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's made in England / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman
Tonight Tipple:- Oban 14yrs old

Lost Tribe of the Sith book 5 of 9
9650960.jpg

Fri 19 SOTD
Soap Stone Cottage Hesperide
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd + shim
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Nice tabac like scent with good strength from this surprisingly cheap soap. The lather quality was acceptable...
Another nice locally found razor paired with the blade gives a good mild shave but with an added shim, gives abit extra aggression...yet smooth and comfortable. 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were excellent for a hot humid day.
20211119_085419.jpg

A shave with the theme 'A man who cooks meat and peas in the same pot is very unhygienic'

20211118_160216.jpg

Meat and two veg - Rocnel Elite
Two veg and a banana - Dorco Prime
Wedges and veggies - Menrock Scicilian Lime
Nine day cabbage water - Yaqi Dandelion

A very vegetable based shave with the Rocnel Elite being the main course. And what a most excellent main course it was. Perhaps there is life outside of SE's and the Elite certainly goes a long way to prove a point.

A very musical razor which rather shouts its feedback more than gives gentle little whispering hints. It is noisy to a level where ear plugs could be useful.

The Dorco likewise giving a good bit of stock to the broth and a tremendous showing for a blade on its fifth excursion. Four more than a Feather could achieve.

Top class potatoes so far

There is a lot to be said for creams in many ways, and they do make short work of the somewhat menial task of throwing up some kind of something to shave in to. Outside of shit in a tin of course but the big hint was the use of the word shit.

Yaqi? It is and always will be.

A top pair of turnips

A full three passes to a very wonderful and first class smooth as a parsnip shave. And in those wonderful words of Mr Palmolive Fox, my precious swede is beautifully smooth. It may taste fucking dreadful (I detest swede) but yeh, super smooth.

Happy bag of sprouts

And over to more of those Shonen ladies to see you out. They do appear to have a song for all themes in their catalogue.

A shave with the theme 'A man who cooks meat and peas in the same pot is very unhygienic'

View attachment 80271

Meat and two veg - Rocnel Elite
Two veg and a banana - Dorco Prime
Wedges and veggies - Menrock Scicilian Lime
Nine day cabbage water - Yaqi Dandelion

A very vegetable based shave with the Rocnel Elite being the main course. And what a most excellent main course it was. Perhaps there is life outside of SE's and the Elite certainly goes a long way to prove a point.

A very musical razor which rather shouts its feedback more than gives gentle little whispering hints. It is noisy to a level where ear plugs could be useful.

The Dorco likewise giving a good bit of stock to the broth and a tremendous showing for a blade on its fifth excursion. Four more than a Feather could achieve.

Top class potatoes so far

There is a lot to be said for creams in many ways, and they do make short work of the somewhat menial task of throwing up some kind of something to shave in to. Outside of shit in a tin of course but the big hint was the use of the word shit.

Yaqi? It is and always will be.

A top pair of turnips

A full three passes to a very wonderful and first class smooth as a parsnip shave. And in those wonderful words of Mr Palmolive Fox, my precious swede is beautifully smooth. It may taste fucking dreadful (I detest swede) but yeh, super smooth.

Happy bag of sprouts

And over to more of those Shonen ladies to see you out. They do appear to have a song for all themes in their catalogue.

Thats pretty catchy caught myself singing along !!

SOTD 19-Nov
20211118_092328.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop TGN Boar
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: GSB (4)

Sometimes you have one of those shaves where the razor shouts out at you "oi, be careful", well this was one of those days. It's been a long time since I've drawn a little blood, but the dart firmly reminded me it deserves a little respect. Quickly stopped but I'll remember to take my time next time.

Otherwise cracking finish as always with this razor.

How everyone has a cracking Friday!

Cheers

Marc

257740661_999224020641303_9060865672296302615_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, hotel shower stuff!
Soap: Bond Retro Style Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Easy setup needed for a quick getaway from the hotel today. The Bond gives a great lather - a little goes a long way. The scent of both the cream and ASL is akin to Lidl Cien Aqua, and there's a real burn on application, but this dies away quickly. Yeah, happy with this one for a couple of quid!

Friday November 19, 2021
Razor: One Blade Core
Blade: Feather
Brush: JT Hybrid/Boar
Soap: Highland Springs Forge
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea Deep
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,108

We've just made History here folks. Last time I used the completely same setup on consecutive days was back in 2007 when I only had my Col Conk Lime soap and whatever razor/brush I had then.................hey I'm old and can't remember. I will say that this must be the V2 One Blade as I am getting a good shave. In fact today's was stellar in all respects. The soap, the brush and the razor all performed admirably and left me where I wanted to be. I do read a lot about short blade longevity with these Feathers and wonder if the V2 is able to take a despined Gem blade? Also wondering if it requires any snipping anywhere on the blade besides the despining. If a modified Gem will work I can see this staying in the den. The Brush Definitely stays and the soap is good enough to stay too. A winner of a day and ready for some variety tomorrow now............I'm kinda sick that way with the need for some changes. New pic taken just for that reason. Thanks again jluc and jtspartan Have a stellar day Everyone !
IMG_20211119_061818797_HDR.jpg

Today, I paired up the feather blade with The British Tech (circa 1948 from what I can gather). Superb straight away, can't fault the combo apart from feather blades use some plastic, however the white is recyclable in UK.

Executive man is one of my favourite scents and the good news is that I could actually smell it. Also noticed a couple of other SoTD using it today, coincidence. Got a fair bit of burn from the splash, but soon settled down and I'm now BBS and smelling nice to boot.
Happy Friday

Attachments

• IMG_20211119_090539__01.jpg
    IMG_20211119_090539__01.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom