S.O.T.D. Saturday 2nd January to Friday 8th January 2016

My first contribution in the SOTD thread...

Shower and hot towel
Origins pre-shave oil
Erasmic soap
Bluebeard's Revenge synthetic brush
Merkur Futur (setting #2)
Polsilver blade
Khiel's After-shave balm

I don't know what BBS means (excuse the newbie), but I can't feel a single hair left anywhere...!

My first contribution in the SOTD thread...

Shower and hot towel
Origins pre-shave oil
Erasmic soap
Bluebeard's Revenge synthetic brush
Merkur Futur (setting #2)
Polsilver blade
Khiel's After-shave balm

I don't know what BBS means (excuse the newbie), but I can't feel a single hair left anywhere...!

Welcome to the SOTD thread. :)

There is a scale which is used to describe the closeness of a shave. BBS ("baby's bottom shave" - completely smooth) is top of the shop, closely followed by a DFS ("damn fine shave" - visibly the same as a BBS but slightly rough to the touch).

There are others too but you get the idea.

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
SOC boar
Weber
Polsilver SI
Davidoff Coolwater AS & EDT

First face lather with this brush that I've been 100% happy with. It needs lots and lots of soap - it should help me get through my stash a bit quicker, and then I can justify buying more [emoji16]

Raffin razor, ordinary badger brush (until i'll upgrade it with a Muhle loft), Jabonman Brisa de Oriente soap, TOBS sandalwood AS gel

041%20Thur%2007%20Jan%202016%202.jpg

Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus Soap & OSP Neroli Soap
Whipped Dog Synthetic
Seygus
Lab Blue [1]
Barbus AS
Boss Soul EDIT
Nivea Moisturiser

Strange shave tonight.. Lathered up the AA as usual. I've been getting a tingling sensation the last couple of shaves - it was fine for the first few shaves - tonight was much more than a tingle, closer to a sting. So washed off and lather up some OSP. Again, I was getting a tingly sensation, but no where near the same as the AA so I continued. Loaded up a Rapira Platinum Lux first swipe and nothing happened, turned over and the other side seemed better but barely. So swapped in a Lab blue. Much better!
Odd little razor the Seygus, seems/feels so mild, but it appears to shave very close. 2 passes and touch up and I've a DFS; a little AS sting probably exacerbated byt the stingy soaps!

Bulldog Face Wash
RazoRock Tobacco #2 Shaving Soap
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Face Lathered
Ever Ready 1924 (Round Tooth) w/Red Horseman Swing Handle
GEM Stainless (7)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)

IMG_2708_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Novaya Zarya Shipr Cologne
Haramain Naeem Attar​

Reactions: Fox
Hello there:

This was my shave for the 3rd January 2016. A good one. I took the opportunity to test the OneBlade agains the ATT S2 to compare which one produces a smoother shave.

The tools used were:

Soap: Catie's Bubbles Celtic Knot
Brush: BSB Beaver Two Band 24x52
Test Razor 1: One Blade
Test Razor 2: ATT S2 (Slant Open Comb)
Blades: Feather FH-10 for the OneBlade and Gillette Blueue, both new.
Balm: Baume.be
After: Catie's Bubble Ocean Groove.

Results:
The Celtic Knot has a very pleasant scent, it is not overwhelming and it is not tiring; it is quite subtle and gentleman like. Its properties are the same as the other Catie's, to my they are fantastic. The battle of the razor was quite close, I will keep testing them more thoroughly. However, the OneBlade produces a closer shave taking care of the skin a little better than the ATT.

2h71mxg.jpg

First shave with the PAL Injector and I'm quite impressed for a first use. A very responsive and tactile single edge head offers the sweeping angles that the Mongoose is just a bit too wide for. Time will tell if this can break the Mongoose / ATT S1 cartel!

Crown King Rustlers Ridge Soap
New Forest Tubby 2
PAL Injector
Schick Single Edge Blade (1)
Crown King Rustlers Ridge Splash
Nivea Balm (not in pic)
95193a7f5d213fa6c46b00f032fe2691.jpg

Friday

Wickham Southsea Spray
New Forest Tubby 2
iKon Slant/Weber handle
Personna Lab
Alum
Tabac AS

First run out with the Wickham and I was very impressed, easy to build a great lather and a really nice scent too. Personna blade was good, I'll have to try them out in a few other razors.

Fri 8th January
Kent Infinity Silvertec
La Toja Cream
ER " Streamline "
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub / La Toja A/S

On my second day back from injector shaving , I seem to have developed an improved lightness of touch from that experience. The Shave I had today, has to be one of my best ever since taking up proper wet shaving again. The finish achieved reminds me of shaves I had many years ago from an Italian Barber in London.

Have to admit I really was concentrating on the shave , and not sure whether I will be able to replicate that quality of shave on a regular basis. However, confirms my belief that the "Streamline " is a great Razor, well it is for me.

IMG_0080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom